Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

But you don't know everyone's haplotype because not everyone is in GenBank, bigfoot goes without saying, unless of course the Hap A type for bigfoot was a misidentified human.

If she used Smejas sample and his DNA is there... realizing that his DNA sequences are NOT in in a Genbank.... ..she should have gotten a SAMPLE of his DNA..RIGHT? If she used his sample..and it appears she very well may have ...she has a real problem here. Like I said..Smeja went on record as saying she NEVER asked for his DNA. Had she used a sample from a truly anonymous source, she *could* have gotten away with claiming unique DNA.

BUT...if she KNOWINGLY used his sample without using his DNA as a reference..that taints her entire study.

I will qualify all this as speculation..since I don't know for certain if Ketchum *went there*.

Supposing Dr. Ketchum could have determined the gender linked to the human DNA, and it was female, would she need Justins DNA? According to Ketchums release it is the male lineage that is novel. Justins DNA wouldn't qualify as novel on the Y clan just because he's not in Genbank.

Supposing Dr. Ketchum could have determined the gender linked to the human DNA, and it was female, would she need Justins DNA? According to Ketchums release it is the male lineage that is novel. Justins DNA wouldn't qualify as novel on the Y clan just because he's not in Genbank.

She should have requested his DNA UP FRONT if she intentend to use a sample provided by him...regardless of possible outcomes. NOT doing so indicates lack of rigor and integrity in the study. The fact we have unexpected eastern european..in the UNKNOWN...is highly suspect, since Smeja is in this category.

Guest BartloJays

It's an understatement to say I'm no expert in this area, nor do I pretend to be, but what really baffles me in not securing Justin's dna, if nothing else, is look at the unprecedented claim ("human hybrid"). What's the first and most obvious contention "they" are going to come hard at you with? "Contamination." We are 99.9% certain his dna was never sent out to Dr Ketchum to test.

I'm amazed there's still some question as to whether Dr Ketchum has claimed the Sierras tissue is in fact one of her three genomes. It's an absolute fact it was claimed, hence the sense of urgency to undertake independent testing among ten thousand other things. There isn't one person involved with her study who's been told or believes differently. Not one

We are 99.9% certain his dna was never sent out to Dr Ketchum to test.

I'm amazed there's still some question as to whether Dr Ketchum has claimed the Sierras tissue is in fact one of her three genomes. It's an absolute fact it was claimed

Well, if that's true>>>>> then "HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM"

Edited by ronn1

Guest FootDude
I'm amazed there's still some question as to whether Dr Ketchum has claimed the Sierras tissue is in fact one of her three genomes. It's an absolute fact it was claimed, hence the sense of urgency to undertake independent testing among ten thousand other things. There isn't one person involved with her study who's been told or believes differently. Not one

Since Ketchum's report isn't even out, there's no sense of urgency to do anything atm.

Guest Theagenes

It is asserted that the Sas haplotype and Justin's haplotype are both Hap A. So the question is what are the odds of that? We would have to know how many different Haplotypes can be found in the Sasquatch for one part of that equation, and the other is how many humans in the US are Hap A. We might also have to get into the subclades and figure all though.

Where was it asserted that the BF haplogroup was A? That would contradict Stubstad's report that said it was H.

Guest VioletX

makes sense to me...

Guest tomafoot

So, I've talked to and can name no less than 8 Phd's now (many of whom are convinced of the existence of this animal - and all of them support the approach taken, and none has found any flaws in the report I released. (That, despite the fact that I do personally feel it is a bit lacking in at least the aspect of having only mtDNA to compare against Justin.)

So, I must say, I'd be interested in knowing who those "more educated" people are.

My lab originally forecast that they could have an answer for me in 3 weeks, yet it took 7 months, and over 7 times the original estimated dollar amount. I'm not saying it was the most extensive study in the world... but I'm not sure how it was a short-cut.

I have yet to see anyone provide a resonable explanation of how the single strand hair test can return results of essentially ONLY bear contributor, and do so in expected masses, how the univeral mammalian primers can turn up only 2 known contributors, and how those results can be corroborated by an independent lab. While there have been some fantasy descriptions of scenarios that have less than a .00000000001 percent chance of ever happening for any ONE of those senarios, I have not heard one that can cover all of them.

Tyler,

Your report is not flawed. The results are consistent with the design of the tests used. These tests would have been designed, developed, and validated using known sources. Therefore, one can expect them to perform well against known sources especially the more common and anticipated ones. However, this may have little relevance with regard to unknown or unanticipated sources, because they would be omitted from the process of design, development and validation.

My feeling is that your single hair analysis provides the strongest case, but the universal primers provide the weakest, as their ability to succeed against unknown sources is untested. Indeed, I have provided you with 2 reasonable examples of how the amplification of an unknown DNA could be inhibited. I provided those, because they were the easiest to illustrate here. However, I can also envision about a dozen examples of sequence degeneracy that would also significantly reduce yield of amplified DNA.

Your confidence interval appears a bit overstated by several orders of magnitude, especially given the fact that you do not have the ability to audit the processes and procedures of your contract lab.

Guest VioletX

Tomafoot, if your ideas are appropriate to this situation do you think we would see a past incidence of BF researchers submitting hairs that they were certain were BF and getting a Bear result?

I wonder if that has happened here with anyone?

Supposing Dr. Ketchum could have determined the gender linked to the human DNA, and it was female, would she need Justins DNA?

If it's true Justin's wife sent the sample while he was away hunting wouldn't she need her DNA?

The human mDNA contaminating the sample and Justin's mDNA are of a halotype that originated in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus...exactly where Dr. Ketchum stated that her "bigfoot" DNA originated. Hummmmm.....

Not good.