Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

Guest BartloJays

Hey Bart, do you mind sharing with us how you came to overhear their conversation, thanks?

Sure Ike, it would be my absolute pleasure, thank you for asking so nicely.

When the guys brought me the boots (and a piece of tissue for emergency purposes) back in late Aug 2011, I took them out for beers and dinner at one of our Cannery Row Properties that's kitty-corner to our own restaurant (Sardine Factory).

Slim can look up the date, he's great keeping track of that LOL as USC upset Oregon that night at home and I split the game (see I have a good memory)

That Brewery has a outside deck with firepits. I let them know I was going outside the front to call my wife and check on the kids and would be out there for awhile. My wife wasn't available and as I walked by that deck from the street (it's a street corner, the layout makes more sense when you see it) where they have no visual of me, I got this great idea (actually I hate eavesdroppers and nosy people so I'm not proud of this) and slipped underneath the deck right below them where I could hear them as if I was sitting right next to them which surprised me.

They had no idea and it was obvious in their conversation as the first few minutes were almost boring enough to give it up come up and join them. Then they slowly switched gears and I heard specific conversation that was very casual, discussing positioning and even leaving the juvey. I think an idiot would've figured out pretty quickly that they had no clue I was listening (and yeah it's like the first thing you consider...obviously) and I really expected (because I certainly wasn't convinced by any means prior to that point) that one of them would say a few key words like "you think he's buying it," or something to that effect where I would've went up and bought everybody a quick shot and told them to take a hike before proceeding to shut the whole thing down immediately. Instead I heard two guys going in and out of a conversation reflecting on what happened. Knowing these two like I do today, if they knew I was there listening they would've botched it and been too obvious. You 'd know what I'm talking about if you knew them..

They stayed in one of our hotels and what was funny was Justin told me as they were leaving the next day, "Jack just said jokingly what if Bart bugged our room last night (because they had a minor electrical problem in the room)?" I thought, man "why didn't I think of that."

Anyway, it's all understandably hearsay to anyone else, but to me it was a game-changer as far as my curiosity and involvement went as the context of the conversation wasn't possible if it was rehearsed in any way imo.

Edited by BartloJays

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think you've really been honest and down to earth. Same with Tyler. I wish you a happy birthday. :)

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Knowing these two like I do today, if they knew I was there listening they would've botched it and been too obvious. You 'd know what I'm talking about if you knew them..

HA! I don't know them, but I know what you are talking about.

I thought you said you were going to your birthday party? Well, get on with it then. This will all be here when you get back.

Oh, and happy birthday.

Guest slimwitless

When the guys brought me the boots (and a piece of tissue for emergency purposes) back in late Aug 2011, I took them out for beers and dinner at one of our Cannery Row Properties that's kitty-corner to our own restaurant (Sardine Factory).

Slim can look up the date, he's great keeping track of that LOL as USC upset Oregon that night at home and I split the game (see I have a good memory)

Dude, that was November 19. Don't worry though; today really is your birthday.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest FootDude

I wanna say thank you to everyone who's participated on this thread.

Thanks to Tomafoot for his very informative posts.

To Derekfoot for sharing his perspective and opinion on the the Ketchum study and especially to both Tyler and Bart for doing what they are doing for the community by spearheading the research that they are are involved with.

I've been made privy to some information that has caused me to rethink my position here, and although the jury is still out for me because Ketchum's paper has not yet been made public, I no longer question Bart and Tyler's commitment to our community, their approach to research nor their reason for posting what they have here.

Cheers to everyone and Happy Birthday Bart!

Edited by FootDude

Guest BartloJays

HA! I don't know them, but I know what you are talking about.

I thought you said you were going to your birthday party? Well, get on with it then. This will all be here when you get back.

Oh, and happy birthday.

Thanks bud I appreciate it!

Dude, that was November 19. Don't worry though; today really is your birthday.

Wow, I guess my memory on dates wasn't so good LOL. I knew I could count on you Slim. That was the night, no doubt (I had Oregon and the "over" LOL).

I wanna say thank you to everyone who's participated on this thread.

Thanks to Tomafoot for his very informative posts.

To Derekfoot for sharing his perspective and opinion on the the Ketchum study and especially to both Tyler and Bart for doing what they are doing for the community by spearheading the research that they are are involved with.

I've been made privy to some information that has caused me to rethink my position here, and although the jury is still out for me because Ketchum's paper has not yet been made public, I no longer question Bart and Tyler's commitment to our community, their approach to research nor their reason for posting what they have here.

Cheers to everyone and Happy Birthday Bart!

Thank you, very much appreciated and thanks for your interest and some of your great questions.

Let's hope somehow she comes through for all of us

Guest BartloJays

I think you've really been honest and down to earth. Same with Tyler. I wish you a happy birthday. :)

Thank you as we've really tried to do the right things behind the scenes and I know we're not perfect, but man we do try.

As far as I'm concerned, you lie in this field once, your credibility is toast, and I expect nothing less than to to be held to that standard.

I also apologize if I've gotten a little snippy on this thread at times as it's not just you guys (LOL) that could be a pain in the butt sometimes. Usually when I'm replying to you I've got two little people pulling at my legs and most of you know how that is. Now that they are both implanted (cochlear) and can hear, they don't listen LOL. Kids...

Bart,

Happy Birthday my friend!!

Thank you my friend, love ya! I'm grabbing that email right now...can't wait for this ;)

Edited by BartloJays

Guest Tyler H

Here's a stupid question.

When the 'steak' was first discussed, Meldrum and others indicated it looked like 'coyote'. With grays and browns in it.

How in the world does a gray/brown hunk of fur become black bear?

Not uncommon for black bears to be many colors other than black

On a matter of such import yes I would seek verification.

Now THAT is funny and ironic.

You have no verification or proof of Melba's claims, yet tell everyone to stop challenging her, while simultaneously challenging (and arcanely attacking) the people who have produced the actual hard science that lead to their challenging of her. Circular reasoning doesn't even cover it. You are doing worse than the people you are condemning. You say we should not be questioning her without evidence (which we have) and yet you question us, even when you have no evidence. A conversation between black pots and kettles comes to mind.

You assert that you would "seek verification" about your house buring down, yet Melba is free to walk on water, and claim she has turned the "water" of other labs into wine.

Yep... I'm afraid I have to go ahead and call it. 12:39 AM, January 11, 2013 was the time I officially discovered the person with the greatest dichotomy between their self-perceived objectivity and their actual (seemingly emotionally based) bias.

Can't help but feel I'm witnessing the Downing effect incarnate.

Edited by Tyler H

Thank you as we've really tried to do the right things behind the scenes and I know we're not perfect, but man we do try.

As far as I'm concerned, you lie in this field once, your credibility is toast, and I expect nothing less than to to be held to that standard.

I also apologize if I've gotten a little snippy on this thread at times as it's not just you guys (LOL) that could be a pain in the butt sometimes. Usually when I'm replying to you I've got two little people pulling at my legs and most of you know how that is. Now that they are both implanted (cochlear) and can hear, they don't listen LOL. Kids...

:)

Thanks Bart. I've quietly read every word and appreciated it! Happy Birtthday!

Guest Tyler H

Sojourner asked:

Look at his words. Justin said that we know the truth now. It's bear. If not, perhaps he can clarify?

Justin was going by what Bart and Tyler told him about their results. When I talked to Justin soon after I explained to him how the two studies, ( Melbas and Bart and Tylers) could possibly look WAY different because of the genomes performed and the massive amount of data that was accumulated with her study including FASTA files and Phylogenetic trees. He now understands what I'm saying and is looking very forward to Melbas study being released so it will hopefully validate his story.

I do have that whole day and Justins thoughts on video tape, I'm not making this up.

I know I said I was leaving this thread but it is important to clarify.

DR

FASTA files are available from pretty much any genetic testing - including the PCR methods we used (at least, that's my understanding). The phylogenetic tree is available for any given animal. We can produce that for our bear and our human - but that doesn't make it any more legitimate or accurate. I can make up a lineage saying I descend from Henry VIII. Again, we have to wait for more than her word.

I also have Justin's recounting at the site on video. I'm just saying that it sounds like Justin has decided in subsequent visits to the site, that that stump is not where he thought the biped expired?

Bart, can you clarify if, in Justin's best, most recent estimatation, the tissue was found at the stump or not, and if the biped is thought to have expired at that stump, or up from it? Not picking a fight on this one Derek - just looking for clarification as I'm still processing this aspect of the encounter. I still had the locations from the day of that filming stuck in my head, but it sounds like subsequent visits have fine-tuned that.

And your evidence that Smeja ever affirmatively claimed that the piece did in fact come from a BF? He was hopeful it did. He thought it very likely it did. But I have seen no definitive, attributable quote where he in fact claimed anything more than that.

but he HAS claimed that it was the same piece he provided to Melba... but you don't want to accept that. You can't pick and choose which Justin quotes you want here... He's either telling the truth, or he's lying. I think he's telling the truth, so I'll quote him and reconcile his quotes. I'm not going to say he's lying in some and not in others. How 'bout you?