Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

BFF Patron

• You can't do a chromosome count without a fresh sample of blood (If I remember what Trent U told me), correctly.

Not exactly, but might be the path of least resistance.

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/karyotyping-for-chromosomal-abnormalities-298

Preparing Karyotypes from Mitotic Cells

Karyotypes are prepared from mitotic cells that have been arrested in the metaphase or prometaphase portion of the cell cycle, when chromosomes assume their most condensed conformations. A variety of tissue types can be used as a source of these cells. For cancer diagnoses, typical specimens include tumor biopsies or bone marrow samples. For other diagnoses, karyotypes are often generated from peripheral blood specimens or a skin biopsy.

Guest Tyler H

Hi Tyler. I know you probably don't want to get into this much, but doesn't her schooling and experience dictate that she is indeed a geneticist?

I guess ot depends what your definition of geneticist is. But I have talked to no less than 3 people whose credentials DO qualify them as geneticists, and they have told me unequivocally that Melba's statements show that she has a poor understanding of genetics. You can find articles on the net that fully examine the levels of her credentials. Yes, she works in the field, but her credentials are not at the usual level for someone with this title.

I work around a lot of legal issues... and have my own ideas about what the laws should be... but that doesn't make me a lawyer.

Paulides has no idea what he’s talking about

Amen to that and I plussed ya Bart for the entire post. I am also willing to bet that this dude contributed $0.00 of his own money to a study he loves to take 100% credit for. In fact Ketchum never even mentions him when she talks about the financial backers.

If anyone thinks that Justin could and will be prosecuted for what allegedly happened they are really kidding themselves.

BFF Patron

One thought here: if Justin is being so transparent about the whole Sierra Kills, then where are the cell phone pics that could put this thing to rest. Does he now dismiss ever having made those pictures of bodies or not?

Edited by bipedalist

Guest BartloJays

Bart thanks for the detailed summary and timeline on this truly extraordinary event. Much makes absolute sense. If there is a question that the two samples may be different and from two distinct species wouldn't it stand to reason that a simple screen (karyotyping) to determine chromosome numbers (46 human vs. 76 for black bear) solve this quite quickly ? I would think that there would be enough tissue on the sample to perform this analysis.

Also Bart can you give us your perspective on Justins finding of a piece of "stand alone" tissue of black bear that is the same color phase as the purported creature that was shot in very close proximity to the kill site. Having trouble on those odds Bart !

As always thanks for your diligence and transparency here Bart...

Big Stinky

Hey Big Stinky- Great questions as I apologize I don't know how to link a single post but go to post #924 page 31 of this thread to answer your question about "stand alone" tissue and try to see it from my perspective as I'm looking at literal astronomical possibilities all the way around.

I believe Tyler answered your question on chromosome numbers. Check your inbox btw my friend, thank you

e='bipedalist' timestamp='1358911766' post='688999'][/size]

One thought here: if Justin is being so transparent about the whole Sierra Kills, then where are the cell phone pics that could put this thing to rest. Does he now dismiss ever having made those pictures of bodies or not?

Hey Bip- I'm sorry I was confused about your question with respect to cell phone pics and pics of bodies? There was never any cell pics of the dead juvenile as it was never claimed.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think there was another drawing of the Juvenile on Justin's phone back in Felton that hasn't been shared publicly.

Guest BartloJays

Amen to that and I plussed ya Bart for the entire post. I am also willing to bet that this dude contributed $0.00 of his own money to a study he loves to take 100% credit for. In fact Ketchum never even mentions him when she talks about the financial backers.

If anyone thinks that Justin could and will be prosecuted for what allegedly happened they are really kidding themselves.

Thanks Poly,

and I hereby challenge David Paulides to put his money where his mouth is regarding Ketchum being willing to test the rest of her sample with a third party as I'd say under the circumstances, excuses and inconsistent claims-responses (is it the tissue or the testing?) it's very "warranted."It's at least warranted enough for them to be concerned where I believe they shouldn't be if Dr. Ketchum's testing on this particular sample was as successful as she's claimed and made others believe.

As I said, Tyler tried to arrange this with her in a cooperative manner prior to releasing the Trent results and after initially agreeing, she backed out piling on excuse after excuse. As I stated, it was Tyler's call as I personally think he was willing to drop the bar too low, but we were even willing to delay if she would show us 4,5,6 of the purported PHD's who specifically worked on the Sierras tissue (her proprietary methods or any other sample is none of our business) and we'd pick one, she'd contact them and Tyler would then get a brief consultation by this person with confirmation. In lieu of new developments, we would've delayed sharing our labs findings... at least temporarily.

Maybe Paulides is unaware of this, but he shouldn't be speaking definitively publicly for her and what she would agree to if this is the case.

I would love nothing more to be proven wrong as I think that would make life easier for everybody.

BFF Patron

Hey Bip- I'm sorry I was confused about your question with respect to cell phone pics and pics of bodies? There was never any cell pics of the dead juvenile as it was never claimed.

So it was the tissue in the field that was cellphoned then?

As I said, Tyler tried to arrange this with her in a cooperative manner prior to releasing the Trent results and after initially agreeing, she backed out piling on excuse after excuse. As I stated, it was Tyler's call as I personally think he was willing to drop the bar too low, but we were even willing to delay if she would show us 4,5,6 of the purported PHD's who specifically worked on the Sierras tissue (her proprietary methods or any other sample is none of our business) and we'd pick one, she'd contact them and Tyler would then get a brief consultation by this person with confirmation. In lieu of new developments, we would've delayed sharing our labs findings... at least temporarily.

Tyler gave MK the opportunity to release some of the information from her study, ahead of the study, to him, prior to everyone else. Thus Tyler would be privy to the study before it is published. To me, it looks like some people can't, or won't, wait for the paper to be published. They want it NOW and if they can't get it NOW they'll do what they can to force it's release NOW. And they can't seem to figure out why MK is being so uncooperative about their magnanamous offer.

• Upvote 1

Guest VioletX

I am sure this has been addressed,( I apologize this goes into the far-fetched category), what if there had been a switcheroo with some real bear flesh by someone, (not Justin), with access to the freezer.

Then later on so that any other similar bf or bear meat would not be re-tested or physically examined, the freezer meat is then burgled to get rid of the evidence.

This is one way that MK and Justin could both be right...

Oh why am I even posting this, it is so assinine,lol!

Guest BartloJays

Tyler gave MK the opportunity to release some of the information from her study, ahead of the study, to him, prior to everyone else. Thus Tyler would be privy to the study before it is published. To me, it looks like some people can't, or won't, wait for the paper to be published. They want it NOW and if they can't get it NOW they'll do what they can to force it's release NOW. And they can't seem to figure out why MK is being so uncooperative about their magnanamous offer.

I’m sorry but you’re looking at it wrong from every angle unless you believe

All parties, including the submitter, must disregard firsthand information suggesting a major conflict in what was promised and or claimed and Dr. Ketchum possesses absolute rights that override any concerns (warranting action) regarding multiple parties potentially being defrauded.

Paulides made the recent claim to allowing, “if needed,†a secondary test on the remaining Sierras tissue in Dr. Ketchum’s possession, prior to insinuating “my†(being BFRO) sending it had some kind of reflection on the results. …or what was the point of mentioning, “the individual,†who sent in the sample? We’re telling you very matter of fact that he’s absolutely incorrect and either lying or potentially making a very ignorant statement as Dr. Ketchum initiated this possibility with us after contacting us and “her†enquiring about our results, before backing off and changing her mind as to her it wasn’t necessary.

How about she not worry about what we’re doing and worry about her own study? The alternatives, as we’ve been over this repeatedly, is to bury results on her behalf after our testing (hard for me to even say those words) or not follow through testing and ignore what we knew internally that made us test in first place.

Instead of us justifying why or discussing the impetus to independently screening or vetting the sample let’s pretend it’s our business and or even better, Justin’s right with no explanation needed. He can do whatever he wants and no one owes her the courtesy and frankly, “trust†(with mistrust she created) to wait for her paper indefinitely to find out what the sample is.

You’re also insinuating desperate “impatience†was some type of motive for testing and that’s just absolutely not true. Not once have I (nor have I heard Tyler) complained about the paper taking too long.

I am sure this has been addressed,( I apologize this goes into the far-fetched category), what if there had been a switcheroo with some real bear flesh by someone, (not Justin), with access to the freezer.

Then later on so that any other similar bf or bear meat would not be re-tested or physically examined, the freezer meat is then burgled to get rid of the evidence.

This is one way that MK and Justin could both be right...

Oh why am I even posting this, it is so assinine,lol!

LOL, as I told the midwest lab director at one point, I wouldn't bet my last name is Cutino some days with some of the crazy circumstances and coincidences from this Sierras event. Not all of them bad however....point being, I guess no suggestion is asinine to at least explore.

Remember the key here that proves, even if Justin wanted to, that he couldn't have manipulated or switched sample I tested in midwest on purpose was because it wasn't even in his possession the last two yrs (salted piece) and he had no idea I would cook up the idea to also test it until 6 months ago. Again, the salted piece is the other third of Ketchum's tissue. According to my director, he verbally assured me it was bear with minute Justin nDNA contamination. This lab specializes in "human" dna.

Edited by BartloJays

Guest VioletX

@Bartlojay.

Thanks, I had missed that part about you being the one to store the sample.

Lol, you'd better check, maybe everybody's freezer was burlarized! :o:o