Issues I'm Having With Bigfoot.

Guest MoltoMario

Guest MoltoMario

I've had an experience that I have posted on here. I'm starting to ask myself more and more if the experience I had was a person in a suit. I have my reasons. I'd be more than happy to share those reasons with anyone. For the purposes of staying on topic, I won't go into it here though.

I've been doing a ton of research on Bigfoot. I have literally become obsessed. I have a ton of issues with the information I've come across. There are some fairly big exceptions. However, for the most part I've found that the legend is discredited by its own advocates. Take Finding Bigfoot for example, the show on Animal Planet. I, for one, have watched quite a few episodes lately. They seem to label everything as Bigfoot.They have no desire to even consider some of the more obvious explanations. This is all fine and dandy. However, I've been watching the show and can label numerous sources of sounds and disturbances that could be many things other than Bigfoot. Lets all for a second take the stance that Bigfoot is real. If Squatch is real, its, by far, par none, the most elusive animal on the planet, which by genetic evolution have traits to make such a feat counter-productive. There are 350 SIberian Tigers left on the planet and conservation efforts never have an issue finding them after a day or two, they're hunted relentlessly, they MUST be elusive. How is it that these experts won't even consider the source of a sound to be something other than Bigfoot when the idea of its existence has to imply a creature who is rarely even remotely close to contact.

You can't take one stance in saying that Bigfoot is real and then completely contradict the logic that would support its existence. Its simple in my eyes. If Bigfoot truly exists, its in small numbers and they are extremely intelligent. If they are smart enough to bury their dead. They would be doing it to avoid human contact and the threat of exposure. Why knock back when a human does in the forest? Are they that easily fooled into believing we are of the same species? Its just all very confusing to me.

This isn't just based around that show. Take the vast majority of evidence for example.

I'm a skeptic.Obviously. But, you have to admit, the advocates for this community do nothing but sabotage the theory on which Bigfoot could ever exist by boasting shreds of evidence that are either blatantly based on a hoax or circumstantial at best.

There is still one film and a few incidents that keep me interested in the topic. The Patterson film is a great shred of evidence, if it is one. I don't know. The best of all time. The worse thing it has going for it is the guys were known to be making a Bigfoot film prior to the filming of the evidence. That seems fishy.

Anyway! A discussion would be great : )

I

I am not sure what you are asking?

You might have had an encounter and it might have been a hoaxer and you are questioning?

Well, this is exactly what we are doing in every post here, trying to weigh the evidence and figure it out.

Welcome!

Guest MoltoMario

It sounds like you need to do a lot more research.

Is there a source you could point me in the direction to? I'm really enjoying the topic so far.

Is there any chance that you could expand a bit more on research like specific topics of research?

I am not sure what you are asking?

You might have had an encounter and it might have been a hoaxer and you are questioning?

Well, this is exactly what we are doing in every post here, trying to weigh the evidence and figure it out.

Welcome!

My question is do you find the mountain of evidence that we currently have on Bigfoot to discredit any logic a person may have surrounding the subject?

Meaning there seems to be so many idiotic things said on the subject that its difficult to know which to believe.

Edited by MoltoMario

Yes, MoltoMario. I suggest the following:

Read the online sighting databases of:

BFRO.net

BigfootEncounters.com

TexasBigfoot.com

SasquatchDatabase.com

as well as the following books:

Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come to Life by Ivan T. Sanderson

Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us by John Green

Big Footprints (later expanded and reprinted as Bigfoot Sasquatch Evidence) by Grover Krantz

North America's Great Ape: the Sasquatch by John Bindernagel

Discovery of the Sasquatch by John Bindernagel

Raincoast Sasquatch by Robert Alley

Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science by Jeff Meldrum

Meet the Sasquatch by Christopher Murphy

The Locals by Thom Powell

In Search Of Giants by Thom Steenburg

Bigfoot in Georgia by Jeffrey Wells

Bigfoot Research: The Russian Vision by Dimitri Bayanov

The Yowie: In Search of Australia's Bigfoot by Tony Healy and Paul Cropper

That should give you a better head start, and a little more perspective.

Edited by Matt Pruitt

Guest MoltoMario

Thanks Matt. I've checked out the BFRO website and there seems to be some consistency in sighting locations.

I'm just a bit confused on theory-crafting thats all. The natural things, how and why sort of deal. Most animals have obvious answers to those questions.

Edited by MoltoMario

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your post is a loaded set of questions that will invariably get a slew of responses that probably wont serve to bring you any closer to understanding what it is that happened to you, but ya never know. I am also one who has experienced these creatures and I have some definite opinions as to their origins,abilities,reasons for being,why they are so hidden, why we don't find remains....just to name a few and there are many. I also understand your obsession with this subject as I am sure many can relate. I find the mainstream research/science to be borderline ridiculous in the spirit of the keystone cops realm but I wont go into that any further except to say most all the shows on Tv are more for entertainment value for me. Some of the documentaries can be interesting, but personally I find the most interesting of all evidence are peoples personal testimonies. To be blunt I dont believe everyone, but I have had my own experiences and from that I can generally discern a pile of BS a mile away. The single most important thing you have to believe if your going to doubt SSq existence is that every single account is either a lie, hallucination or misidentification. In fact though only one of the thousands upon thousands of accounts has to be true in order for this so called phenomenon to be a reality. So if playing the odds are all you have to go on I lay down my cash in an instant, but then I already have a story. Most people don't so all they have is the word of myself and others.

Here is a sight dedicated to personal experiences and views from the whole gamut , from the standard to the not so standard. Many of these are a great listen and perhaps will shed some light on your experience to help you determine the validity or lack thereof ...Welcome to the forum

http://www.inspiring...ot-live-stream/

Edited by ThePhaige

I've had an experience that I have posted on here. I'm starting to ask myself more and more if the experience I had was a person in a suit. I have my reasons. I'd be more than happy to share those reasons with anyone. For the purposes of staying on topic, I won't go into it here though.

I've been doing a ton of research on Bigfoot. I have literally become obsessed. I have a ton of issues with the information I've come across. There are some fairly big exceptions. However, for the most part I've found that the legend is discredited by its own advocates. Take Finding Bigfoot for example, the show on Animal Planet. I, for one, have watched quite a few episodes lately. They seem to label everything as Bigfoot.They have no desire to even consider some of the more obvious explanations. This is all fine and dandy. However, I've been watching the show and can label numerous sources of sounds and disturbances that could be many things other than Bigfoot. Lets all for a second take the stance that Bigfoot is real. If Squatch is real, its, by far, par none, the most elusive animal on the planet, which by genetic evolution have traits to make such a feat counter-productive. There are 350 SIberian Tigers left on the planet and conservation efforts never have an issue finding them after a day or two, they're hunted relentlessly, they MUST be elusive. How is it that these experts won't even consider the source of a sound to be something other than Bigfoot when the idea of its existence has to imply a creature who is rarely even remotely close to contact.

You can't take one stance in saying that Bigfoot is real and then completely contradict the logic that would support its existence. Its simple in my eyes. If Bigfoot truly exists, its in small numbers and they are extremely intelligent. If they are smart enough to bury their dead. They would be doing it to avoid human contact and the threat of exposure. Why knock back when a human does in the forest? Are they that easily fooled into believing we are of the same species? Its just all very confusing to me.

This isn't just based around that show. Take the vast majority of evidence for example.

I'm a skeptic.Obviously. But, you have to admit, the advocates for this community do nothing but sabotage the theory on which Bigfoot could ever exist by boasting shreds of evidence that are either blatantly based on a hoax or circumstantial at best.

There is still one film and a few incidents that keep me interested in the topic. The Patterson film is a great shred of evidence, if it is one. I don't know. The best of all time. The worse thing it has going for it is the guys were known to be making a Bigfoot film prior to the filming of the evidence. That seems fishy.

Anyway! A discussion would be great : )

I

A couple of thoughts:

1) Many of us within the "community" have problems with the Finding Bigfoot show. Many of which you have already listed. As a pro kill advocate myself, I really do not see any chance of closure to this mystery with the tactics they employ. Many of the attributes listed by them that only a squatch could do because it has opposable thumbs is something a human can do as well.......such as rock throwing and wood knocks. In the Australian special they find naked HUMAN tracks in their research area and then go on to attribute talking, whoops and claps, etc to the Yowie.

Location, location, location. It's important to get as far away from human habitation as possible to minimize this sort of confusion. That's hard to do when your a TV production and crew and are on location for a few days.

2) We like to compare this mystery with known elusive and rare animals. Is this comparison far? Probably not. They were rare and elusive to the Native Americans thousands of years ago. But a rare and elusive bipedal primate that is nocturnal isn't a easy nut to crack for any researcher. Especially when that researcher is only setting the bar as high and getting the lastest photo or track cast.

Maybe it's real...........maybe it's not or maybe it once was, I guess that only adds to the mystery. I've certainly seen something I cannot explain and would like to know the truth of it someday.

Great points Molto !!!

The BFRO has a great sighting data base and it's founder (Matt Moneymaker) has been investigating for I believe he says 25-years . Matt , has probably the biggest org in North America if not the world ?

Like you , I've watched many episodes of "Finding Bigfoot" and It does appear that they call a lot of the activity they get "sasquatch related " . I'm not totally sure how they conclude that there are sasquatch in the area's they search but I'm sure with there expierence that they must have a reason for it ?

Matt has many conclusions and theories and I'm sure they are based on his personal research and massive data base of reports . Try asking Matt through the BFRO website , maybe he can help answer at the very least a few of your concerns/questions ?

Guest MoltoMario

Great replies guys. I really appreciate all the information.

I especially liked the perspective on sightings. Thats a very good point and an interesting thought.

You have to wonder a few things though. Its very hard to believe that these experiences are prominent enough to make quality tv. Embellishing specific aspects are inevitable. However, they said crew members almost quit after a few unethical edits. If this were true, you'd think they'd pass on Animal Planet asking them to add some more drama to the show.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to hear a knock in the woods. But, if I heard one of those calls they have recorded, that would be a different thing entirely.

They never seem to let us hear the knocks or amplify the calls they seem to hear on the show. I just find it strange. Finding Bigfoot aside, witness testimony I've seen that is fairly accessible seems to be more consistent with the type of stuff you see on Finding Bigfoot, be it their unrelated.

Strange to me, thats all.

I guess, I'm more interested in learning and researching the realty of the topic. Not the televised fluff they need to put out for ratings. It seems I have some good places to start thanks to you guys.

Edited by MoltoMario

Thanks Matt. I've checked out the BFRO website and there seems to be some consistency in sighting locations.

I'm just a bit confused on theory-crafting thats all. The natural things, how and why sort of deal. Most animals have obvious answers to those questions.

Mario, first off, Finding Bigfoot is a show meant to entertain while occasionally educating those who know nothing about bigfoot, or at least trying to educate those who don't know. Much of what they say and do is a lot of hooey, so first thing stop taking it as serious. This is not a knock on the folks you see on the show, Moneymaker, for all his faults, has done a great deal for furthering the bigfoot cause, Bobo and Cliff are experienced bigfoot researchers and Ranae is important in keeping them in line and grounded. But they are involved in something that is intended as entertainment, not an attempt at a serious, National Geographic type show.

Second, the Bigfoot encounters website that Matt Pruitt mentioned is a great place to learn about bigfoot, as are the others. But for my money this is the best place bar none to discuss any and all things bigfoot. There is a good combination of knowers ,believers, and skeptics. I think you'll see that many of the people here who are knowers and believers do not automatically believe everything that is said or shown involving bigfoot, and in fact often dismiss, debunk or even outright prove as false many photos, videos and stories.

I myself am not a knower as I have never seen one, but I am a believer. To me, the more you learn the more you think there just has to be something out there that all these people are seeing and experiencing. I hope we soon have irrefutable proof that bigfoot does exist, because I want them to badly, but that doesn't keep me from realizing that perhaps they don't. But that is part of the allure and fascination for me. Bigfoot has always been something that held my interest and it will continue to do so. I really knew nothing about them until a few years ago when I like yourself started watching television shows and finding information on the internet. I even learned I might have had an encounter myself years ago, as I learned pebble throwing was a common behavior reported in bigfoot.

So stick around and like the rest of us, try to get a grip on this thing called bigfoot and hope we get it figured out. And meanwhile, enjoy the ride. There are many great people here who keep things interesting while sharing the information we all want to see in our effort to solve the mystery that is bigfoot.

Edited by Rockape

Guest wudewasa

MoltoMario,

It seems like you don't have an issue with the notion of bigfoot, but how the research techniques are conducted and how certain researchers behave. Yes, learn from others via their mistakes and achievements.

Yes, by the way, a good number of BFRO members have respectable research protocols. Finding Bigfoot isn't about research, but is based on making money through entertainment based media. There are some good folks on this forum that can help you as well.

Edited by wudewasa

Nice list, Matt.

"Finding Bigfoot" is an entertainment show. There is no way they can do the "real" research of seeking bigfoot in any way that is meaningful given the constraints of producing a television show. It is purely entertainment with a question at the core. Please don't base your ideas on what researchers or multiple encounter witnesses do based on a television show. It's like saying an ER room is like what's shown on "ER" - yes and mostly no. I worked for ten years in film and television production, and the show is JUST a show. There's no way they are going to find much hooting and hollaring and running around the woods with cameras and a film crew - multiple vehicles likely, only a few hours or a day for looking around... it's purely entertainment. Just watch and have a good time listening to the witnesses, who HAVE been in the right time and place (most likely).

My question is do you find the mountain of evidence that we currently have on Bigfoot to discredit any logic a person may have surrounding the subject?

I have had my own several encounters, and I think "bigfoot" is the most logical conclusion to draw from it all. I don't "believe" in bigfoot any more than I "believe" in Santa, but I do think they exist and evidence of them can be and is found constantly. Test everything you see and hear and do your best to judge the source. Admit that sometimes we get fooled and sometimes - on the other hand - disregard something that could be true. It's all a "work in progress" imho. We are learning together.

http://bigfootforums...nces-in-oregon/

I do think there is valid evidence out there... footprints like the London Tracks and others, great audio like mongahela and Stan Courtney have, and personal reports (all those above-mentioned websites). I personally like the Nat Geo program on the Patterson-Gimlin film, and the Munns Report. The evidence is out there, but the truth remains to be captured :)

Edited by madison5716

Guest MrMudder

Dear original poster @MoltoMario and @ the original post,

It seems that you have a lot of questions. We all do have a lot of questions in this unproven subject of bigfoot/sasquatch/yeti/etcetera. I would suggest to read, read, and read more, and read some more, to succumb to your own ideal of what this whole thing is about. Reading is knowledge, but it's a sad fact that in this day of the internet that free speech [messes] up facts and knowledge. It's a weird age of media any more. There's fake stuff online, and there's real stuff.

About your questions of "bigfoot," ... Again, I would suggest to read, read, read, and make your own opinion.

I should add that, reading leads to research, and research leads to being in the dirt and clay out in the field. Don't be an "armchair researcher" if you become a skeptic. Get out there in the mud for days on end, and staying awake until 7am at your primitive camp site, and then judge.

I would guess that I have about 3 weeks of total non stop reading about bigfoot under my belt since 2012 (that's a lot of hours), and I'd consider myself a total newbie still. Knowledge is power. The internet is here for us in 2013 -- Take advantage of it and make your own opinion with what you come across.

P.S. Belated welcome to BFF!

Edit:

P.P.S. Google is a friend. :)

Edited by MrMudder