Hoaxes, Hoaxers, Frauds, And Con-Men In The Bigfoot Community

Guest RayG

Morgan's inclusion is because of his fiasco with the National Wildlife Federation back in the 70's. Morgan claimed that he and his heavily financed team had "found 161 tracks, collected fur, seen the beast, and recorded its vocalizations.... [Peter] Byrne accused Morgan of faking the tracks--and was promptly fired... He [Morgan] left behind a load of unpaid bills." -- from Joshua Blu Buhs, The Life and Times of a Legend: Bigfoot, page 194.

I don't think a simple accusation makes Morgan guilty of hoaxing. That's kind of rediculous, especially when the accusation is coming from a rival researcher.

How do you consider this to be "factual information"?

They all deserve to be on that list until we get 100% confirmation.....From conclusive evidence, Not personal belief.. Then you may sort the genuine from the fake.

They all deserve to be on that list until we get 100% confirmation.....From conclusive evidence, Not personal belief.. Then you may sort the genuine from the fake.

Wha? Guilty until proven innocent - that makes a lot of sense. Might as well put Kitakaze on the list too for making all of his claims...until we get 100% confirmation.....From conclusive evidence, Not personal belief..

Let's not be biased now.

John Green is on the list because of a fake bigfoot story he published in 1955, prior to taking an interest in pursuing the bigfoot mystery.

Green: "I did not start collecting Sasquatch information until 1957. Prior to that all I did was include a made-up Sasquatch story in a 1955 April Fool edition of my paper."

So now a simple April Fool's joke makes one a hoaxer, huh? Man you guys are really stretching.

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron

Does the tar pit give immunity for defamation?

A subpoena would be honored if a complaint was filed I'm sure if the proper authorities could be

verified. Check the rules, I think it is in there.

Good idea Ray.

I don't think Roger Patterson belongs in that list. At least, not yet.

I agree with G on Patterson, but Fasano in my mind sits in front of his mirror in the bedroom saying, " Are you talking to me"?

Hey let's not forget Bob Hieronimus and his "I was Bigfoot" hoax.

Edited by roguefooter

I agree with G on Patterson, but Fasano in my mind sits in front of his mirror in the bedroom saying, " Are you talking to me"?

Dude, I'm laughing so hard right now.

If you accept the premise from an "authentic skeptic" that without PROOF, any one of us who claim to have seen one, has a website claiming they are real, basically anyone who perpetuates the belief that they exist, IS commiting a fraud, hoax or a lie. So, extrapolated out logically, this forum is a hoax because it accepts from it's foundational standpoint that there is something to 'bigfoot', and short of proof, it's all a hoax, lie or whatever is convenient to call 'us'.

Accepting the possibility of bigfoot isn't perpetuating a hoax, but creating fake tracks, trackways, films, and photos certainly is.

RayG