Flir Mobile

Guest Grifter9931

I think that particular camera was about 25k. I know the camera with I think 6 miles range is 25k. I priced them last year for a quote for a customer. I don't get why people who are serious about BF don't have this type of equipment..... It boggles my mind.

I would think the BRFO would have 2 or 3 of these vehicles ....

And now that the "Finding bf" folks have used the equipment, want to bet none of these people go out and purchase even a cheap Flir camera.

But hey throwing a rave in the middle of the woods is a better idea.

BFF Patron

At one time Wally had BFRO outfitted with handhelds. I think he moved them into some of the FLIR's at one point, not the highest end models perhaps. If you think about a mobile FLIR and light woods to open fields, or wide/long tank ranges that's one thing. The high mounting works well when dense forest and tree canopy is not involved. I'm thinking Project Falcon will run into these same issues. Their best bets will be open river tributaries, edge habitat between forest/meadow and river/meadow and probably open mtnsides of scree and talus, maybe even moraines.

As Ranae said, if they had a truck like that, they could have a hell of a coffee klatch. Do you really think anybody would move outside the thing though once things fired up. Communications would be the key to use of that thing.

Last Friday night I nailed the rest of the Christmas ham to a tree and set my FLIR up and left it on record. I got rodents running around, a raccoon or western spotted skunk climbing the tree and eating on the ham, and a northern flying squirrel I think. It glides in from the tree canopy and onto a tree. Then runs around the tree and up the tree and is gone.

I'm very pleased with my FLIR, except when I transfer the video the quality degrades. Especially when I upload to youtube.

If you want to see what they cost just pull the GSA scedule. Even though it is not retail you will get an idea of cost. Cooled units are generally much more than 100K. I generally only use the ship based units, SeaFLIR II/III. those start just for the base unit $235K, with no cables, nothing, that's the unit in the box. You don't run down to radio shack and get cables either, those, about $10K give or take. The unit in the FLIR Renegade vehicle is a cooled unit, HSC, not sure which version of HSC but my guess you are talking between 100-200K depending on payload. More payload, more cost. So you may get an idea why so no bigfoters are running around with cooled IR units. Now if you hit the powerball lottery, man go for it, FLIR will set you up with a kick butt system for about $500K.

Guest Grifter9931

If you want to see what they cost just pull the GSA scedule. Even though it is not retail you will get an idea of cost. Cooled units are generally much more than 100K. I generally only use the ship based units, SeaFLIR II/III. those start just for the base unit $235K, with no cables, nothing, that's the unit in the box. You don't run down to radio shack and get cables either, those, about $10K give or take. The unit in the FLIR Renegade vehicle is a cooled unit, HSC, not sure which version of HSC but my guess you are talking between 100-200K depending on payload. More payload, more cost. So you may get an idea why so no bigfoters are running around with cooled IR units. Now if you hit the powerball lottery, man go for it, FLIR will set you up with a kick butt system for about $500K.

Awesome ....

MrMulder :-p No I don't think they are specifically looking for BF, but if he was out there, they would have a really good chance of seeing him. Lol

I would think the BRFO would have 2 or 3 of these vehicles ....

And now that the "Finding bf" folks have used the equipment, want to bet none of these people go out and purchase even a cheap Flir camera.

What are you talking about? The BFRO has used thermal cameras for a long time now. Even before they used them on the Finding Bogfoot show.

Guest Grifter9931

What are you talking about? The BFRO has used thermal cameras for a long time now. Even before they used them on the Finding Bogfoot show.

Do they have anything like tht truck? I have read a bunch never saw anything like that ever mentioned.

If you know of a link please send it to me. Also as one of or if not the most prolific BF orgs out there. They should hands down have the best euipment for, you kow finding BF? Or at least capturing an image.

I have a nice thermal imager myself. I figured if I ever wanted to wonder off looking for stinky, I would at the very least have something that would help identify some of the things we see in alott of these videos/sightings/pics etc....

Just my take on something that doesn't make sense overall.

Guest thermalman

That truck is a one-of-a-kind training unit. BFRO would not likely have one, because of cost. From what I can see, those with BFRO and thermal cams, lack the proper thermal training . Blobsquatches all over again.

Guest kchuskey

It seems to me, that the BFRO, and the "Finding Bigfoot" team, would have a pretty hard time, trying to explain why they never find Bigfoot, if they had this equipment.

That truck is a one-of-a-kind training unit. BFRO would not likely have one, because of cost. From what I can see, those with BFRO and thermal cams, lack the proper thermal training . Blobsquatches all over again.

Very Relevant. Watching the show when they show their flir or thermal images I took notice of what you have said either on a thread or in the chatroom about the data on the displays of their cameras. Like when its snowing, or rain/snow mixed and their cameras display says ambient temp is 58 degrees. You stated those numbers mean things and points to the lack of calibration and training of the operators and the quality and usefulness of the observed images.