Habituation-Hearing Footsteps, Walking And Running

Guest Grifter9931

Why not try setting up a game cam or something similar???

It would be interesting to find out what's really out there?

BFF Patron

Thanks for the replies, I think I agree that telling the neighbors would be conterproductive. I have one other question, that first night I heard an owl hooting loudly, three times in a row, repeating about every twenty or thirty seconds for at least five minutes before I went back inside. Does anyone know if this is normal owl behavior? 

SSq and owls seem to go hand in hand. The why and hows are somewhat still a mystery. There are theories however.

I seemed to have recorded some interactions one night between Eastern Screech and Sasquatch.  Not something I'm gonna post up for dissection, as it is something that you would have to have the history of interaction freshly ingrained to realize what was happening.   Screech do what is called trilling but it does not usually involve three hoots in a row separated by 30 seconds ---though they do get into interspersed presentations of repetition with that......  but it is a more throaty, staccato continuous sound and not three differentiated ones. 

You have to identify the owls in question to answer alot of questions usually first.  

Gut instincts about informing everybody you know that you know Sasquatch is around the 'hood and they better look out are natural.  

It usually works counter-intuitive to your goals though to announce, if you want a long term observation.  Don't change too many variables at once if you want to maintain contact or research the producer of the sounds. 

Edited by bipedalist

Guest David37

Sounds like good advice. He's still coming around even though the weather has been chilly. I'm  not sure I want to see him, at least to surprise him, but the frequency of his visits makes me wonder if he has noticed me looking for him. I've gone out and waved a bright flashlight around and it's almost humerous to hear a few sudden footsteps as he disappears into the blackness of the night. He was here last night, left a footprint where I heard a slight noise while on the deck. This would make him standing within 15 feet of me in the dark, somewhat unsettling. Like I said I don't really want to try and catch him in a bright flashlight beam but I would like to see something to visually verify he is there. All the footsteps are not the same as seeing.

It's tough. We all want to see something.

But footsteps (that is, noises) and tracks are awesome! Those are a kind of gift to you. They don't have to be heard, if they don't want to be. They don't have to leave prints, if they don't want to. Somebody is saying "hi" to you because he wants to. I totally agree that he notices you looking for him, and that that pleases him. If it didn't, he wouldn't be returning the way he does, and he wouldn't be making it known to you that he's returning!

Try to trust in the knowing that you're already "in connection" with this guy, and continue the good work you've started of building a relationship that doesn't "demand" of your friend, well, anything. Try not to "demand" that he show himself. Nobody likes demands, and they, least of all! -- with "showing themselves" having a connection to being killed, and all.    :)

I can't remember whether you've talked about leaving stuff out for them or not, but this is a good next step for us humans, so we can feel like we're doing something.... Just try leaving some apples out for him -- and tell him that you're doing that -- and see how it goes from there. 

You can even ask out loud for some sign that he took the apple (or apples), so that you'll know it's him. That's something they can do for you that doesn't make them feel in danger of being killed.   :)

Good luck! This is exciting! 

• Like 1

Just curious...you do believe that they speak(or at the very least understand) english, as well as suggesting they only leave footprints when they feel like it.

Yes, I believe they understand English, and that they don't leave tracks if they don't want to. 

I have personal experience of both those things. So it's actually a little bit more than belief that prompts me to say what I say. 

How you want to explain those things is up to you.   :)

Sure. 

Because they live right next to us and observe us (and hear us) all the time. 

That's it. That's all I got.  :)

Yes they say words occasionally like "Mom!!   Hey!!!!   my friend's children's names and so on."  I'm sure there are more examples but these are what I am personally aware of and have no reason to not believe my friends.

Denialist,

They have astounding hearing and there is nothing supernatural about that. 

Edited by Sunflower

• 6 months later...
Guest David37

Just in case anyone was interested in my posts, I have moved away from there now. I guess it's OK to say that all my events were about five miles east of Twain Harte, Ca and I suppose I could recommend a summer site if someone wanted to rent one of the cabins there to look for the big guy but anywhere in that area is probably good. Bigfoot events dropped off at the end of this summer which I attribute to either my flashlight probing the woods or a full time newly moved in neighbor who has outside lights and is on his deck at lot at nights or maybe the big guy just had somewhere else to go.  I'm now in Galt where trains and fire engines fill the air with their noises so my Bigfoot experiences will be reading the posts here.

Thanks for the update, and good luck in Galt, David37. And you never know! You might have more company there than you think.   :)