Bigfoot Mating

WV FOOTER

Admin

I am wondering about what time of year Bigfoot might be lookin for Love. I have not read anything concerning this area. Just curious on your thoughts or hypothesis on the subject. Wondering also what the gestation period might be for Bigfoot.

SSR Team

**** !!

Errrr, huhhhh, errrr whenever they want.. :D

Seriously, i dread to think..

Guest Bigfoot Proof

Probably no different than us, there was a report, hunter (or someone) witnessed 2 getting it on, with a 3rd hanging around which I'm sure was their first child. I'm trying to find that report.

Admin

Just for comparison sake, Gorillas have no particular mating season. And the female usually initiates mating. The gestation period is 7 to 9 months, give or take. I think it would be a good hypothesis that Bigfoot mating practices are similar.

Edited by WV FOOTER

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

This is an interesting topic. 100% speculation of course so I'll throw in my guess. I think the creatures are having their young in February, March and April. That would put their sexually active days sometime during early to mid Summer. Makes sence to me. Since these are the months the creatures are at their "stinkiest".

Chris B.

Admin

I have heard of a couple of reports (including the one above), but not many. Could it be that BF has a sense of privacy and modesty as well? ;)

Guest Bigfoot Proof

I have heard of a couple of reports (including the one above), but not many. Could it be that BF has a sense of privacy and modesty as well? ;)

In the one I mentioned, the subjects were out in an open field BUT is that really any different than us who would think they have their privacy? I do recall at least a few times outdoors and to this day have no idea if anyone observed but thought I had some privacy. Remember the voyeur/watcher of the Subjects was using a high-powered scope.

Since I'm in the 'human theory' camp, I tend to think they are like us (plan children and have sex for fun) I would think they logically know to mate pre-winter (specifically for child bearing) so the children are born in the late spring thus warmer weather and a higher likelihood of the child's survival.

I don't know. You hear about these bigfoot jamborees, what time of year do those happen? If you are a wide ranging bigfoot it would seem like your opportunities for mating with your own kind are limited to certain times of the year when you come together as a group. However, if they are like other primates they probably have the desire anytime anywhere. You do get reports of molested cows and horses from time to time.

Other things to consider would be cold tolerance. Folks report these creatures walking barefoot in the snow so I suppose their babies might be less vulnerable than our newborns are to cold stress. If you are breast feeding then having a baby in winter probably wouldn't be a big deal if you have fat stores built up from eating in the summer and fall when there is a bigger variety of food to eat. It's also more crucial to have a good source of vitamin and minerals during pregnancy for the benefit of fetal development than it would be after delivery. The milk produced after delivery will rob the mother of nutrients from her fat stores and liver for the sake of the baby even if the diet isn't adequate for that time of year. I would think the main thing to consider in the winter diet for a new mother would be a good source of water soluble vitamins, B complexes and Vitamin C, which you can get from bark and organ meats.

I think the idea that they plan for pregnancy might be a reach considering all the humans out here that don't grasp the concept of a menstrual cycle and when they are fertile. There are plenty of examples of the failed rhythm method and I rarely try to teach it to my clients since they usually don't know basic anatomy and physiology to follow what I'm saying. These clients might be victims of lack of exposure due to the level of their education, as opposed to being slow, but in order to get that concept across you have to have a pretty good vocabulary to explain it. They may communicate but I don't know if it's well enough to get that kind of concept across to their young.

If they control their pregnancy rate at all I bet it's related to something that grows in the environment certain times of the year and is an accidental consequence of diet, rather than a deliberate action. Certain plants have estrogenic affects and have been used by women for eons of time for a variety gynecological reasons, including the prevention of pregnancy. If they are ingesting some kind of plant, or combination of plants like soy, red clover, wild yams, or saw palmetto during certain months of the year they probably can't conceive.

I dont know, the whole idea of BF's mating seems worse to me than the "your parents doin the nasty" thought....

It's just... well, all that fur + umm, moisture.... and they dont shower... and wait i think i need to step away for a sec....

barf.gif

puke.gif

Ok... all better....

I say lets resolve the "do they exist" questions before we worry (or even think about) how they're "gettin it on".....

Art

You know Art, this hygiene thing is just a recent thing with the humans. Napoleon wrote Josephine on his way home from a battlefield to tell her he would be there in a few days and to skip the baths...... :lol:

Guest TooRisky

I have thought long and hard about this subject for years and can only come up with a serious logical answer... "It all depends on their location..." So we have a big territorial male, multiple mating females and then off spring, to ensure gene proliferation the gene pool has to spread out... The Indians did this with gatherings and the trading of sexually mature females would happen thus providing for a rich deep and clean gene pool whether they knew it or not.... Now I feel that here on the West Coast, and more to the point the PNW they tend to gather for the bounty of the Salmon, they fatten up for winter and in this context they may push out the sexually mature males and females to join other groups... Now the East coast has a Salmon run also but what about the south, north and mid west what would be a gathering focal point... this would have to be answered by some body there who knows and understands the life and land of the area... Now going back to the assumption that say a 9 month gestation, plus a courtship/ritual type situation the mating would occur possibly at the beginning of summer and like has been said birth would be towards the end of winter early Spring.... So the focal point to research would be the salmon run areas that offer good cover for the species yet allows them to drop their guard as the gorge and look around at all the possible mates...

The spring brings the Elk, Deer and all sorts of babies with it... Now the harsh reality is that babies make for good eats, also the after birth is extremely high in nutrition which after a long winter would be too big of an opportunity to pass by... So at this time we keep an eye on the Elk herds in which all the females gather and can be found in clear cuts, open fields and the like to have a good view on any predators coming at them at night... These clear cuts can be glassed with IR and/or thermal for movement in the tree lines of Ol' biggie as like I said before this opportunity is just to good to pass by... The females I feel retreat to the deepest parts of the males territory to give birth and protect the young till say toddler age when they have to start their education of sorts...

If I had to guess the female would give birth about every 5 years maybe a little longer depending on her (age/health) and her offspring (education rate/health) that's when we start to see the bigger tracks with the smaller side tracks... This also explains why area's heat up and then decline in activity as the juveniles start feeling their oats, making a lot of noise and then the Boss boots their butts out to go make their own way in the world... It is nothing new, just a different way of looking at a life cycle...

This is all speculation mind you, but in research you have to form a idea, work out a plan and then act on that plan which is what WASRT does in their year round research... Dont forget to document dates, temps, GPS locations and all "suspicious" activity...

Great topic and hope it brings light to some good ideas, as for others I see that the sex topic is too much for them... What can ya say...?

Edited by TooRisky