I Think We Are Seeing The Dawning Of A New Type Of Dishonesty In The Bigfoot World...

TimB

Badmouthing Habs has been going on for as long as I have been around the BF forums. It's just jealousy as far as I can tell. Very little Bigfoot evidence gets posted to a public forum, too many claim jumpers.

You know people do wonder into the bigfoot threads... I did when I was searching for answers to my own situation.  Stan Courtney had mentioned them after I had spoken with him about my experience.  I brought a very raw situation from a very novice researcher into the frey, which at times I regret doing, but on the bright side the skepticism as well as support I was met with were needed and helped me sort through some of my "run away" thinking.  I know I have been fooled in the past by seemingly honest individuals, and I will be fooled again (unlike The Who) but I would rather be open to those increasingly few honest individuals who cross my path, and maybe have something unusual to their story.  I like all of you vacillate on some of the stories I hear, some you will smell the skunk sooner than I.  What makes this forum and community a strength, is that for the most part things are vetted pretty well in here.  If it is hoaxing or dishonest I trust that you guys will distinguish it.  So I look at this forum as a bit of a filter for me, who admittedly is gullible at times, and completely untrusting at other times.  Thanks for being there!

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Badmouthing Habs has been going on for as long as I have been around the BF forums. It's just jealousy as far as I can tell. Very little Bigfoot evidence gets posted to a public forum, too many claim jumpers.

I don't think any normal thinking person who is searching for the truth is jealous of those who claim habituation or worse, paranormal encounters.  Far, far from it.  

t.

SSR Team

Problem is though Terry, there seems to be a bit of an imbalance in normal thinking people to non normal thinking people within the realms of this subject for some sad reason.

Problem is though Terry, there seems to be a bit of an imbalance in normal thinking people to non normal thinking people within the realms of this subject for some sad reason.

You're right Bobby!  And it's nothing that a simple thing like honesty wouldn't fix!

Badmouthing Habs has been going on for as long as I have been around the BF forums. It's just jealousy as far as I can tell.

There is nothing to be jealous of from what I can tell. From what I have learned I'm certain that if I wanted an unknown to science hairy bipedal hominid to live behind my house while bringing me gifts and being my friend bad enough, it would happen.

• Upvote 1

In order to be jealous of something you have to believe what they're saying is real. That just isn't happening here.

A million excuses as to why they can't or won't present evidence is enough reason to believe it's all baloney.

Jealousy is a two way street. Habs claim oh-so-much, yet provide nothing but wild tales. What is their motivation? Acclaim from naive sycophants seems to be the answer to that.

Ya got something to prove me wrong? Didn't think so.

Actually, habs have presented a lot of evidence, as much or more than many other traditional researchers. Prints, vocals, photos, hair.....

Would you guys put the Browns, as in the Browns Thermal in such a category?  Do you really think Thermalman is on the rails thinking its a cow?

I see a bigger problem then, willful ignorance when confronted with evidence.  Nothing, and I do mean nothing that was ever argued in the thread

of the Browns thermal refuted the fact that a hominoid figure was caught on thermal.  Entertain yourselves as you might, but there is our

real problem, a pure lack of reality.  I fail to see how that kind of ignorant scrutiny of obvious things avails our community anything....there was PLENTY

of supporting evidence such as footprints and recordings to substantiate their conclusion!

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Answering the original question of the thread...

I haven't experienced that here. 

Everyone I have asked a question to, has answered me honestly and gone above and beyond.

I'm a relative newbie to figuring out what I have / and am experiencing here at our homestead.  I just ask questions, and have been getting, what I think, are informed opinions. 

I may not have enough experience to know what could be happening here, but I think I'm a pretty good judge of the BS meter. 

Not that I doubt that there are some that are having a good old time running around these forums with the whole purpose to stir up dust, but again, that hasn't been my experience.

As a matter of fact, I would like to give a BIG plug to Ohio BFRO researchers.  Nothing but professional and credible.  True researchers through and through.  And to all you generous experienced people here, I have nothing but gratitude in heart for sharing opinions and research with me.  I can't tell you how helpful it has been.

It would be a hellava lot easier to just go stick my head in the sand and pretend that SSQ wasn't hanging around our yard.  I long for the time when I didn't know about it.  And maybe it's all in my head, but whatever the process is, good people are reaching out to me with possible answers and advice. 

For that, I am most grateful. 

Fortunately, I haven't come across any jonsers.  But I'm sure they are out there.

Peace,

Hammer

I've noticed the development of a new type of dishonest "player" in the bigfoot world since the subject entered the mainstream. It's primarily on the discussion boards but I think it can apply to the whole "community", whatever that means.

There are 3 aspects to these new hoaxers:

1) They claim an expertise, whether that be as a debunker, researcher, habituater, or inner circle member.

2) They claim to have definitive proof about the truth or falsehood of an aspect of bigfoot or it's community.

3) They refuse to share the information for a cryptic reason.

The motivation seems to be an implied authority or simply attention. A true researcher would share their knowledge.

I propose we call them "Gamers". Playing the game at the expense of everyone else.

What do you think?

Tim B.

I think even more dangerous than the "gamers" are the "Saboteurs".

"Saboteurs" are a new breed of Skofftic who deliberately set out to produce highly sophisticated hoaxes designed to "gotcha" researchers.  They carefully study the evidentiary record, and carefully craft the hoax to a high standard of detail.

Once they've "baited the hook", they wait for researchers to come investigate.  If the immediate reaction of the investigators is anything other than "hoax", they rush to the forums and boards to denounce the researchers for being "fooled" and decry all research as utterly unreliable and inadmissable as evidence.

We had just such a case hit this very forum last year, involving at least one (proven) and possibly more Skofftics.

Edited by Mulder

Actually, "saboteurs" are easily disregarded.  Faking a track cast (as one did) is essentially replicating a human activity (track casting).  If a human did it, a human can duplicate it.

(Patty.  Her tracks.  Still waiting.  46 and a half years now.)

Faking a trackway, then immediately jumping on the first finders' first impressions, is easily laughed at, and onward.  First impressions are good science.  Final judgments based on them, not so much.

Go to all the trackways that show no signs that a human could have made them, by any agency known, and debunk them all.  Now I'm listening to you.