Destination Truth Yeti Hair Sample

norseman

I would have to refer you to the biographers on Daniel Boone, but If you dig into the word Yahoo, you'll find something uncanny about how many languages it exists in, and what it means in those languages.

http://www.oocities....s99/yahoo1.html

Here's a teaser for you ZeTomes, What lives in the forset and screams Yaahhhhoooo?:)

strange-cry.wav

Guest ZeTomes

I would have to refer you to the biographers on Daniel Boone, but If you dig into the word Yahoo, you'll find something uncanny about how many languages it exists in, and what it means in those languages.

Here's a teaser for you ZeTomes, What lives in the forset and screams Yaahhhhoooo?:)

strange-cry.wav

That's very interesting, let me ready it carefuly

Are you confusing Daniel Boone with Jonathan Swift?

Jonathan Swift wrote Gulliver's travells and named Yahoo's the savage hairy people that liked bright stones, Daniel Boone was an explorer known for settling Commonwealth of Kentucky. There are rumors (don't know if true) that he was an exaggerated storyteller who used Gulliver's characters names in his stories. There's also the infamous encounter with a yahoo (name inspired in Swift) which resulted in the killing of it.

What I am searching for is that episode mentioned on Daniel Boone diaries or memories or whatever of his or 2nd person narratives.

I think there are some answers here

PS: now you're sending me recordings of yourself in the bathroom with constipation?? (just kiddin)

the sound seems a little too metalic and very human like, where did it came from?

do you have any valid information regarding this one?

Edited by ZeTomes

That's very interesting, let me ready it carefuly

Are you confusing Daniel Boone with Jonathan Swift?

No, ofcoarse not, Boone was either taken by Swifts writings and made up stories or GT gave him a name for something he actually saw and killed.

Jonathan Swift wrote Gulliver's travells and named Yahoo's the savage hairy people that liked bright stones, Daniel Boone was an explorer known for settling Commonwealth of Kentucky. There are rumors (don't know if true) that he was an exaggerated storyteller who used Gulliver's characters names in his stories. There's also the infamous encounter with a yahoo (name inspired in Swift) which resulted in the killing of it.

What I am searching for is that episode mentioned on Daniel Boone diaries or memories or whatever of his or 2nd person narratives.

I think there are some answers here

Yes it would appear that the actual Diary is hard to come by.

PS: now you're sending me recordings of yourself in the bathroom with constipation?? (just kiddin)

the sound seems a little too metalic and very human like, where did it came from?

That clip has been edited to remove some of the noise, The original is available. It was recorded in East Texas by me and I stand behind it as a legitimate recording of "something" that lives in the wild, and responds to calls similar to that. There are other recordings like it, not all of them recorded by me.

do you have any valid information regarding this one?

I'll have to check that one later, it's blocked on my work computer.

Guest ZeTomes

Yes it would appear that the actual Diary is hard to come by.

I found this (a lot! of digitalized documents concerning Boone)

and this [The Discovery, Settlement and Present State of Kentucke (1784) ]

That clip has been edited to remove some of the noise, The original is available. It was recorded in East Texas by me and I stand behind it as a legitimate recording of "something" that lives in the wild, and responds to calls similar to that. There are other recordings like it, not all of them recorded by me.

no kiddin.. (goose bumps)

did you match it with other primates, or new world monkeys?

very interesting and great job! (I have to hear comparisons of new world monkeys or primates - or even birds though)

I'll have to check that one later, it's blocked on my work computer.

try this

(911 bigfoot call)

this case looks very true (the guy's voice seems very true, but what he's really seeing could be not so true for what he supposes it is, but in my opinion it's a good shot)

I would like to hear the entire recording for further avaliation, do you happen to have it or know the specifics about it?

I really feel realism (and goose bumps also) or this guy is an excellent actor, specially when:

"- Jesus Christ! You better... (inaudible);

- Get somebody out here!

- He's looking at me"

Did you get more recordings?

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest ZeTomes

strange-cry.wav

I invite you to post the recording at this thread I've created (within the standard thread's specifics)

It will of course be scrutinized, what do you think?

I invite you to post the recording at this thread I've created (within the standard thread's specifics)

It will of course be scrutinized, what do you think?

It's definitely either a Bigfoot researcher, or a unfortunate camper who has sat on a log containing a wasp nest. ^_^

It's definitely either a Bigfoot researcher, or a unfortunate camper who has sat on a log containing a wasp nest. ^_^

Don't judge it out of context Norseman, that would be a mistake.

the sound seems a little too metalic and very human like,

Hang on to that thought Ze Tomes. I'll post in the other thread when I can.

BFF Patron

Though I have not personally recorded this particular yell/scream, I do know of at least two other researchers/sets of researchers that have acquired similar recordings in the deepest of night. The filtering of distant recordings for noise as done by southernyahoo here is necessary in many instances to bring background targets to the foreground under the background noise. I believe SY's recordings have merit.

Guest ZeTomes

Though I have not personally recorded this particular yell/scream, I do know of at least two other researchers/sets of researchers that have acquired similar recordings in the deepest of night. The filtering of distant recordings for noise as done by southernyahoo here is necessary in many instances to bring background targets to the foreground under the background noise. I believe SY's recordings have merit.

therefore the metallic tone, hum...

"I want Evidence and I Want it now!" thread waits him.

After that, the next stage is comparing the recording with new monkey species howlings or sounds

i'm liking this

Don't judge it out of context Norseman, that would be a mistake.

I was joking.

But on the serious side it matters not. Ten thousand compelling Squatch recordings will not prove a thing.

Guest ZeTomes

I was joking.

But on the serious side it matters not. Ten thousand compelling Squatch recordings will not prove a thing.

it's not a proving question, there aren't enough skilled tools here for that nor personal. What is possible to do is eliminating hypothesis and acquiring knowledge in the process, also I want to know the validation of evidence from person to person.

Edited by ZeTomes

I was joking.

Agreed, I'm just looking at pieces of a puzzel and speculating how they might fit together, but will use science to help do that.

Agreed, I'm just looking at pieces of a puzzel and speculating how they might fit together, but will use science to help do that.

Can you go into detail on that?

Can you go into detail on that?

Where vocalizations are concerned and how they correspond to the human quality yes, but I'd have to introduce you to sound analysis and how it is studied in the field of phonetics. I'm no credentialed expert in this area but can make observations using a spectrogram as an amatuer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vowel

Where we perceive to hear distinctive quantal vowels such as /a/ /i/ and /u/ in loud long distance vocalazations, it is a pretty good clue according to Phillip Leiberman that you are hearing a hominid, with a humanlike vocal tract, though ruling out other local animals is still prerequisite.

http://www.cog.brown.edu/people/lieberman/pdfFiles/Lieberman%20P.%202007.%20The%20evolution%20of%20human%20speech,%20Its%20anatom.pdf

The first 5 pages is about all you'll need to review to see where I would go with analysis, but the rest of the paper is quite comprehensive.

These criteria are captured by Stevens’s

(1972) “quantal factor.†The quantal factor can perhaps be

illustrated by means of the following analogy: Suppose that

the owner of a trendy restaurant wants to have his waiters

transmit diners’ orders with acoustic signals. Should he employ

waiters equipped with violins or sets of handbells? If he

wants to minimize the chance of errors, he will opt for handbells,

each of which produces a distinct acoustic signal without

requiring precise manual gestures.

Stevens demonstrated that the quantal vowels , , and

[a] have perceptually salient acoustic correlates that can be

produced while minimizing the need for precise motor control.

Perceptual salience results from the convergence of two

formant frequencies, yielding spectral peaks (Fant 1960) (fig.

2). For the second and third formants, F2 and F3, converge

at a high frequency; for [a], F2 and F1 converge at the midpoint

of the frequency spectrum; for , F1 and F2 converge

at a low frequency. Using quantal vowels would be similar to

communicating with flags that have brilliant saturated colors.

Other vowels, whose formants do not converge, produce formant

patterns analogous to flags differentiated by pastel colors.

Stevens demonstrated that if an abrupt area-function

discontinuity occurs at the midpoint of the supralaryngeal

vocal tract, the tongue can move back and forth as much as

1 cm without appreciably changing the formant frequencies.

How many quantal vowels are in the word Yahoo?

Where vocalizations are concerned and how they correspond to the human quality yes, but I'd have to introduce you to sound analysis and how it is studied in the field of phonetics. I'm no credentialed expert in this area but can make observations using a spectrogram as an amatuer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vowel

Where we perceive to hear distinctive quantal vowels such as /a/ /i/ and /u/ in loud long distance vocalazations, it is a pretty good clue according to Phillip Leiberman that you are hearing a hominid, with a humanlike vocal tract, though ruling out other local animals is still prerequisite.

http://www.cog.brown.edu/people/lieberman/pdfFiles/Lieberman%20P.%202007.%20The%20evolution%20of%20human%20speech,%20Its%20anatom.pdf

The first 5 pages is about all you'll need to review to see where I would go with analysis, but the rest of the paper is quite comprehensive.

How many quantal vowels are in the word Yahoo?

I've always sucked at English, but my guess is one. I/A/U>>yAhoo :unsure: