Tired Of The Negativity, Cynicism And Backseat Researching? Read This.

^^ Agreed. I'm new here as well and would be interested in reading more about that. Anyone know if there is more about that? I couldn't find a search feature.

one comment regarding the fossil record:

FWIW, 15,000 years is far too short a time for fossils to form. In fact so is 60,000 years. If you are ever in the area, visit the Mammoth Site in Hot Springs, SD and you will see first-hand how this is so.

It may be argued that we’ve always known about them. In many ancient cultures, there are historical accounts, legends, artwork and stories about giants, hairy people, wild people, ogres, trolls and other beings fitting the basic description of the Sasquatch. In North America, the Sasquatch are considered to be a tribe by many native peoples.

our local paper did another story about The Giants of Conneaut complete with pics and I'll admit this is something I never placed too much credence in but this reporter mentioned the double rows of teeth in the skulls and I've seen this in some BF stories. In the local accounts of the giants the native people say they died off long before the tribes moved in.

Wow, that's interesting, Peter.... I've been learning a little bit about those giants, but the testimony of native peoples about that -- that the giants died off before they got there -- really helps my poor brain organize some of this info a little better.....

Edited by LeafTalker

• 3 weeks later...

our local paper did another story about The Giants of Conneaut complete with pics and I'll admit this is something I never placed too much credence in but this reporter mentioned the double rows of teeth in the skulls and I've seen this in some BF stories. In the local accounts of the giants the native people say they died off long before the tribes moved in.

Is this the story you're talking about?

Did giant humans with advanced use of copper and other materials once inhabit Ashtabula County?

No physical evidence of this massive race of humans appears to have survived locally, but early histories of the county make numerous to references ancient cemeteries and the huge bones contained therein.

The most famous of these, judging by the number of Internet references, was found in Conneaut.

One of the things that has kept me skeptical has been the lack of evidence of BF victims from the St Helens eruption. This disaster should have resulted in many BF victims, since this area was purportedly heavily populated. I would love to see some...other than this account which has no corroborating evidence.

Edited by ronn1

I find it equally elistist and racist to assume that people who don't agree with Native American folklore as being "factual", are elistist and racist.

Once again, a VERY broad brush has been stroked here.

Calling it racist is a bit much but elitist absolutely describes it.

Western Science has a huge ego, and a predilection towards dismissing: a) any knowledge it does not generate itself and b ) that contradicts the tenets of materialistic naturalism that are it's philosophical underpinnings.

It bothers me that groups such as SGP portray Squatch as universally benign. This is inaccurate and, as public interest increases regarding squatch and more people enter their habitat seeking encounters, it can result in problems.

I agree from direct experience that they are people based on their intelligence level and behavior, though I have never actually heard one speak. I've heard plenty of vocalizations that were obvious communication with other squatch when they were not in view, but whenever one has been in direct view, meeting my eyes, it has remained silent. The first time this happened, in '72, I had no idea exactly what I was facing or what to call it, but freakish as it was, there was no doubt in my mind that it was some sort of man and had an intelligence level comparable to my own. I've looked gorillas in the eye in zoos. Looking a squatch in the eye isn't the same. It's like looking another man in the eye in a tense situation.

So, SGP, Native Americans, and I all agree that they are people. But because they are people, we've got to recognize that their species is capable of the same range of good and evil as is ours. There are too many reports, both Native American and modern, that describe them as dangerous, lethal, and at times predatory. This aspect must be acknowledged for responsibility's sake and so that nobody is encouraged to blunder into a potentially lethal encounter with the mistaken expectation that if they're nice to the squatch, the squatch will be nice to them.

It bothers me that groups such as SGP portray Squatch as universally benign. This is inaccurate and, as public interest increases regarding squatch and more people enter their habitat seeking encounters, it can result in problems.

I agree from direct experience that they are people based on their intelligence level and behavior, though I have never actually heard one speak. I've heard plenty of vocalizations that were obvious communication with other squatch when they were not in view, but whenever one has been in direct view, meeting my eyes, it has remained silent. The first time this happened, in '72, I had no idea exactly what I was facing or what to call it, but freakish as it was, there was no doubt in my mind that it was some sort of man and had an intelligence level comparable to my own. I've looked gorillas in the eye in zoos. Looking a squatch in the eye isn't the same. It's like looking another man in the eye in a tense situation.

So, SGP, Native Americans, and I all agree that they are people. But because they are people, we've got to recognize that their species is capable of the same range of good and evil as is ours. There are too many reports, both Native American and modern, that describe them as dangerous, lethal, and at times predatory. This aspect must be acknowledged for responsibility's sake and so that nobody is encouraged to blunder into a potentially lethal encounter with the mistaken expectation that if they're nice to the squatch, the squatch will be nice to them.

Good comment! So be careful out there and don't **** them off. Be respectful when you are in their home. Don't trash it and abuse it.

Guest Ella Howard

Sounds sensible to me. BTW, this is Ella and I'm sure glad to be able to post again. I had to get approval with my last name and a new password. I don't know that they are "people" in the sense that we are, but that's a good post.

No the story was from this paper,Who were the Conneaut giants? jan23 2013

http://www.gazettenews.com/

Unfortunately, they don't have an archive. I don't suppose you managed to scan the story in? I've seen lots of claims of giant skeletons being found in Ohio, but I have yet to see any photographs.