How Much Area Does Bigfoot Require For A Habitation ?

Guest Graydog52

Guest Graydog52

I know Bigfoot thrives in the wild wide open or pristine forests and swamps. Does he and if so how does he go unnoticed in a suburban evironment and how small an area can it be? I recently watched Scott Carpenter on Utube describing Bigfoot opening a sealable container of dogfood on his back porch and taking an occasional handful - like it was trailmix. He said they would also open his grill and lick the grease off of it. I think this understandable considering their usually very bland diet,like women and chocolate. While socially they appear as children :strategically they seem to be geniuses.

Edited by Graydog52

I know Bigfoot thrives in the wild wide open or pristine forests and swamps. Does he and if so how does he go unnoticed in a suburban evironment and how small an area can it be? I recently watched Scott Carpenter on Utube describing Bigfoot opening a sealable container of dogfood on his back porch and taking an occasional handful - like it was trailmix. He said they would also open his grill and lick the grease off of it. I think this understandable considering their usually very bland diet,like women and chocolate. While socially they appear as children :strategically they seem to be geniuses.

I dont buy into the whole habituation theory

• Upvote 1

Guest Graydog52

adam2323 I don't mean to misuse the word "habitation". To me it just means everybody has to be somewhere and this is where you frequently go. Now , I do think some people can travel deeper in Bigfoots realm than others. And I think Bigfoot may reason to himself"if you know how to walk into my area ,then, I am coming to where you live , so, I know what i am dealing with".

Bigfoots behavior in different groups is somewhat similar ,so, I am guessing that they come to relatively similar conclusions.

My basic question is "How much land,or, game ,or vegetation do they require. I wonder if they stress out from a change the way we humans do?

Edited by Graydog52

How much territory a troop requires depends on how dense the food sources are in any given area. Habitation has nothing to do with it... if you mean habitat, that's what I think you're interested in, how much habitat they require? If an area has lots of food sources, then they can live in a smaller habitat if they can remain undetected. If not if food is scarce, they'll have to range further to meet their needs. Until we prove the species exists and observe many troops, how and where they live, we have no way to measure these things. we can only guess.

Guest Graydog52

I know of one area ,but, it is wide open swampland. It is a little over 400,000 acres or about 20 X 30 miles Those who watch claim that there are about 5 family groups living there.I am guessing that a group is composed of a father , a mother, probably an aging parent , and two or three children of varying ages.

I am going to suggest that based on social skills some bigfoot can live close to your neighborhood while remaining invisible to the average human. Other Bigfoot cannot adapt their behavior. For example: they raid gardens and take more than can go unnoticed. They have tantrums where they destroy big equipment and draw attention from local authorities. They don't erase their footprints.

We have human misfit equivalents. People who must live in the country because they're not housebroken.

There are other Bigfoot, I believe, who master the art of living invisibly near humans. Some of these Bigfoot may choose to befriend a human, either a native american or someone who was willing to invest the time to build a trusting relationship acceptable to Bigfoot.

I believe their lifespan is estimated to be in the range of 40 years. So this may force their uncompromisingly conservative and strict code of behavior.

Edited by Graydog52

Guest ajciani

I will reiterate what madison5716 said: the amount of real estate they require will vary with the density and types of food.

I think the suburban environment will provide them with the highest population density (least area per bigfoot). Hiding does not seem to be a problem. Most people are quite oblivious to their tracks (they leave plenty), and it is fairly easy to avoid being seen, especially when no one is looking.

I think there was a claim made by Rick Dyer that the homeless were feeding a troop, and he may be correct, at least in theory. I have found plenty of sign, including stick structures, tree breaks and foot prints, which indicates that bigfoots are frequenting the county forest preserves. The county officials have also told me that the county frequently chases the homeless out of the preserves. The homeless themselves are rarely seen in the preserves by the patrons, so bigfoots should find it easy to hide. If the homeless are in the preserves during the night, then they must be getting visited by the bigfoots. The bigfoots can leave the preserves to find dumpsters, bags of garbage on the curbs, and kitty cats that careless people let roam. They may even take dogs from fenced yards. Have you ever noticed how there seem to be rashes of pet disappearances?

By scavenging from people, a family of bigfoots might only need a few hundred acres to effectively hide in. If the bigfoots are fending for themselves, it will depend on animal resources. I once worked out that a family would need something like one deer every two days, if they ate nothing but deer. In Illinois, there are something like 20 deer per square mile, so if the bigfoots only eat 10% of the deer in a year, they would need 100 sq miles. But bigfoots eat things besides deer, including fish, muscles, roots and tubers, berries, leafy things, and small animals, so a family might get by with only 10 to 20 sq miles. In places in California, resources can be one tenth of those in Illinois, so a family might need 100 sq miles to 1000 sq miles, depending on their dietary mix.

SSR Team

Surely habitation and habituation are two different words with two different meanings ?

And Graydog, don't you just mean how much habitat do they need ?

I know Bigfoot thrives in the wild wide open or pristine forests and swamps. Does he and if so how does he go unnoticed in a suburban evironment and how small an area can it be? I...

About a hundred dollars.

Guest Graydog52

BobbyO, Good question. I broke out Websters to check. Habitation is the act of inhabiting.The place of abode.

Habituate is to make familiar by frequent use or practice-as men habituate themselves to the taste of tobacco.

Habitation is what I used and what I meant. I believe there is habituation ,but, that is another story.

I wondered how much area Bigfoot required in terms of security, meat, vegetables, water source.I suspect it may be a measurable formula. I also expect we have the information to figure this question out.

Habituation may be more of a factor if we discover that there is a great diversity in different Bigfoot groups ablilty to adapt to different habitat conditions.

I guess I wish we could discover a standard; for example 100 acres of woodland forest can sustain a single Bigfoot indefinitely .

Guest Graydog52

I want to throw this into the equation. It is not my idea, but, I have thought it. Bigfoot has a very distinct odor -Knock a buzzard off of a sh_t -wagon,gag a maggot,make a blowfly do a U-turn.However, some Bigfoots do not emit this aroma. Is it like a skunks scent gland :can they use it when they need to? Do some Bigfoots spray their fur so they will always stink?

Some Bigfoots slip in and out of neighborhoods without arousing the yard dogs. Dogs would smell them if they stunk. Dogs would hear them if they made the slightest sound. Dogs would sense that Bigfoot had come to eat them because they are predatorialy intuitive,but, they are obviously not always threatened.

Maybe habitation and habituation are destined to collide.

Edited by Graydog52

This question depends entirely upon the carrying capacity of the land habitated.

I would expect 100 acres of coastal rainforest to carry many more numbers of Squatch than 100 acres in the Colorado Rockies. And 100 acres in the Mojave desert would carry much less than the Rockies.

Edited by norseman

Norseman, I think you forgot one important variable of the equation. How many pancakes and blueberry muffins per acre, per day.

Have to w/this. As noted above, there's no way to know with certainty how much territory is needed to support a bigfoot since there are no groups of bigfeet being studied. But, it may be possible to draw reasonable inferences about required bigfoot habitat from habitat information that is known for known animals.

The attached chart gives a comparison of average size, daily food needs, and home range for common North American wildlife, gorillas, and orangutans.

Tried to get the information into the body of this post, but computers vex me.

Edited by Trogluddite

You are posting stats for wildlife and I'm assuming by your info above you think that they are wildlife, as in deer, fish and birds. They are hairy people and they don't follow any exact area and don't put down roots, so to speak. They follow food, shelter and peace and quiet. If they are disturbed by bulldozers brought in to build the next neighborhood of really ugly buildings called "homes" then they will probably leave.

They can walk miles and miles in one night and could make a dumpster runs. It you have a scanner you could listen to how many "prowler" calls are reported. However, I wouldn't recommend chasing those "prowlers."