The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Melba Ketchumposted toBrien Foerster

3 hours ago

.... A lab geared to this could crank out data quicker and better than a university or govt lab where there is so much red tape and the work is often done by grad students and post-docs.

Yes! Let's totally discourage research by anyone with more genetics experience than Dr. Ketchum.

Let's also discourage research done by anyone who would make their data openly available to scrutiny by other scientists.

And let's mislead people into thinking that university and government labs cannot do this work as fast or as well. I'm sure this will be a shocker to scientists based at universities, particularly the ones with prominent genetics/bioinformatics centers with worldwide reputations. And let's not forget that government labs are convicting criminals because of the quality of their work.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the terminology - grad students doing this kind of lab work would be working on their master's or PhD and would already have a bachelor's degree in the appropriate field(s) - a degree Dr. Ketchum does not possess, as her education was in veterinary medicine. And post-docs would already have a PhD in the appropriate field(s) - again, something Dr. Ketchum does not possess, as her doctorate is in veterinary medicine. Also, most forensic scientists, who she's trying to elevate above university scientists, work in local, state and federal government labs, which she's also minimizing in her statement.

Wonder if she realizes how many scientists she has insulted/alienated with this highly inaccurate propaganda?

I think she is comparing out put from a lab operating under regulations to one that is privately owned and funded. I doubt the learning process stops when you get your Phd either. In my profession the letters mean you have a license to learn.

I will take quality over quantity any day. And yes the learning process does not stop after a PhD. It is definitely a degree granted to those who know how to learn and think critically. Sadly, MK does not have a PhD.

About as mind boggling as the interbreeding human-lemur statement put forth, with no data or proof to back up the statement. Yet many will end up believing that yarn!

As you are more than aware, the Lemur yarn was spun by Ketchum.

How is it you can so easily dismiss ideas you previously defended vehemently when the wind changes, pretending you never held those ideas as true? Is it not possible that perhaps if you were to truly re-visit the founding reasons for your support of the study those would be shattered as well?

From Dr. Ketchum, DVM's facebook page:

The academics could sure learn a few things from forensic scientists about extracting good DNA from minimal samples and also how to determine if there is really contamination other than just assuming that there is... It is so awesome! I gotta love science!!!!

Ridgerunner/Genes/Nuka, what are your thoughts on this? In my experience, samples that have been burned don't yield usable DNA samples, particularly if they were professionally cremated as opposed to just burned in a trash can or dumpster.

I am thinking I can raise the research money and if so, I will set up a genomics lab with a next gen sequencer, bone robots and a good bioinformaticist (I already have one in mind) and we would solve a lot of history's mysteries. There are so many...giants, mummies and others (you can use your imagination). This stuff fascinates me and it is not difficult to do. A lab geared to this could crank out data quicker and better than a university or govt lab where there is so much red tape and the work is often done by grad students and post-docs.

Hmm, human DNA samples from cremated remains - I can only guess what THAT could be. You can use your imagination!

And yes, let's knock those "scientist types" who did the work on the Neanderthal sequences. Clearly their results would have been a whole lot more interesting if they had the input of forensic scientists! You can use your imagination!

And you gotta love science, and it is not difficult to do, especially if you omit those pesky grad students and post-docs. This stuff really fascinates me.

I think the imporant thing to note here is that apparently 'forensic scientists never read papers and learn techniques developed by 'academic' scientists (or vice versa for that matter).

Also, Ketchum thinks she can raise the money to set up the lab that will find the truthâ„¢. Wally not tapped out, or is she just that good at 'fund raising'?

I think she is comparing out put from a lab operating under regulations to one that is privately owned and funded. I doubt the learning process stops when you get your Phd either. In my profession the letters mean you have a license to learn.

I am by no means suggesting that people cannot continue to learn. But there is a HUGE difference between non-degreed forensic scientists and degreed geneticists.

And ALL labs operate under regulations, regardless of ownership and funding source.

[Also, Ketchum thinks she can raise the money to set up the lab that will find the truthâ„¢. Wally not tapped out, or is she just that good at 'fund raising'?

She posted the following under the "we are working on teeth and bones" post on her facebook page.

Melba Ketchum Not sure what we will do with any BF data. Nobody wants to listen to that so we may not take it too far.

Thursday at 22:48

Melba Ketchum Plus I cannot expect Wally to fund much more. He has already been so so so generous.

Thursday at 22:48

Guest Silent Sam

About as mind boggling as the interbreeding human-lemur statement put forth, with no data or proof to back up the statement. Yet many will end up believing that yarn!

You are absolutely right. It is outlandish for Ketchum to suggest that humans and lemurs not only mated but produced viable, non-sterile offspring.

Melba Ketchumposted toBrien Foerster

3 hours ago

.... A lab geared to this could crank out data quicker and better than a university or govt lab where there is so much red tape and the work is often done by grad students and post-docs.

Yes! Let's totally discourage research by anyone with more genetics experience than Dr. Ketchum.

Let's also discourage research done by anyone who would make their data openly available to scrutiny by other scientists.

And let's mislead people into thinking that university and government labs cannot do this work as fast or as well. I'm sure this will be a shocker to scientists based at universities, particularly the ones with prominent genetics/bioinformatics centers with worldwide reputations. And let's not forget that government labs are convicting criminals because of the quality of their work.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the terminology - grad students doing this kind of lab work would be working on their master's or PhD and would already have a bachelor's degree in the appropriate field(s) - a degree Dr. Ketchum does not possess, as her education was in veterinary medicine. And post-docs would already have a PhD in the appropriate field(s) - again, something Dr. Ketchum does not possess, as her doctorate is in veterinary medicine. Also, most forensic scientists, who she's trying to elevate above university scientists, work in local, state and federal government labs, which she's also minimizing in her statement.

Wonder if she realizes how many scientists she has insulted/alienated with this highly inaccurate propaganda?

I will take quality over quantity any day. And yes the learning process does not stop after a PhD. It is definitely a degree granted to those who know how to learn and think critically. Sadly, MK does not have a PhD.

Nor does Bill Gates, or Steve Jobs... Have an Academic PHd...... Theirs is from the heart.. Environment, personal drive and their DNA.

Worldly intelligence CAN NOT be bestowed by earning a PHd....

What kind of PHd does it take to report "human contamination" on every Bigfoot sample, and not look for the answer ... better yet not know how to find the answer, if it is there, because IT hasn't ever been found/done before...

No little grasshopper, Phd does not include critical thinking...

It helps the PHd know where that information MIGHT be found ....... IF it was found before. Critical thinking to FIND that information comes from a variety of things like " that PHd's" own DNA, and current surroundings and individual DRIVE .... (Academic and/or private business).

When Dr Cooley told Dr Debakey his idea of treatment for blocked arteries, the whole room of young Doctors with Dr Debakey laughed.

Dr Debakey didn't, he listened and said prove it ........

Of note he did not say it was "contaminated" . Thus two critical thinkers "invented open heart "bypass" surgery"....... One by listening.

PHd does not equal critical thinking.... It does equal tenure.... And sometimes that equals the "Peter principal" and that equals in some cases to "not rock the boat" for fear of revealing that PHd might have reached "their level of incompetence". So that PHd opts out and say its "contaminated".

The top PHd in my class upon graduation could not handle the Public, so had to go back into the sheltered Academic world to Teach.

Now that's a fact.

I doubt if MOST PHDs could get an interview to a Vet school.... It usually takes a 4 point ( perfect grades). They only take the highest qualified college graduates that apply to Texas A&M... You have to have higher grades, MCAT, interview skills to get in A&M.

You don't get to be a Vet by retaking the course... To get a better grade.. Or who you know....

To be a Vet ( I am not) you have to have quality over quantity... After all.. Your patient can not tell you what is wrong with them.

You have to know where to look " or the patient ( expensive ) dies.

Guest njjohn
Dr Debakey didn't, he listened and said prove it ........

And the problem is Dr. Ketchum thinks she's proved it. Without a doubt. But she hasn't. There isn't enough data to prove it, but she claims there is. That's the problem. There's enough there to make it seem questionable. Enough to give hope to those that don't understand what they're looking at. But not enough to prove a theory, by any stretch of the imagination. The end result is that all she's done is state a hypothesis.

Science requires the proof in order to move from hypothesis to theory. No amount of claims of proof can make science skip those steps. And calling anyone a "hater" because they recognize that doesn't help. The same with calling other PhD's with more experience in the field "armchair scientists." That's not bias. That's being upset because they didn't accept your shortcut. People will listen if you provide the proof to your claims.

You can't be upset that the majority of the Bigfoot community won't accept claims anymore without evidence to back them up. We have plenty of stories in the report section. If you want to claim scientific discovery, provide scientific evidence. It really is THAT simple.

Well, I just speed read several pages of lemur facts. Go read it yourself before claiming that she, Melba, is not a scientist. There is apparently something and the one something is that there was a lemur that weighed between 350-400 lbs. It's extinct now thanks to humans (us) and Madagascar is in grave danger from the deforestation, habitat loss, hunting for bush meat, etc.

Sad situation......

I doubt if MOST PHDs could get an interview to a Vet school.... It usually takes a 4 point ( perfect grades). They only take the highest qualified college graduates that apply to Texas A&M... You have to have higher grades, MCAT, interview skills to get in A&M.

You don't get to be a Vet by retaking the course... To get a better grade.. Or who you know....

To be a Vet ( I am not) you have to have quality over quantity... After all.. Your patient can not tell you what is wrong with them.

You have to know where to look " or the patient ( expensive ) dies.

Well, according to Texas A&M's admission statistics page, you don't even need to take the MCAT, let alone have a perfect GPA. These sorts of exaggerations and false statements do not help your cause.

Is getting a DVM an impressive accomplishment? Yes. Does a DVM qualify a person to map the genome of an unknown species? Evidence points to no.

Also, two new posts from Dr. Ketchum - including one that claims her paper is Nobel-prize worthy:

Dr. Melba Ketchum

2 hours ago

We have more support from PhDs coming in all the time as well as some good and honest reviews. We are collecting them for a new press release and will release their names at that time. Maybe the world will start to acknowledge our terrific paper and our Nobel worthy discovery at that time!

Self-nominations rarely win. Just saying.

Dr. Melba Ketchum

2 hours ago

The large bone is from Dave Paulides since he has put that out publicly and another from Mike Rugg since he has also openly discussed it. We also have samples from Peruvian mummies. That is also not a secret. The other samples though have not been discussed in public so they have to remain anonymous at this time.

Not sure what Peruvian Mummies have to do with Bigfoot, or how/why she got the samples, given that it's illegal to take the mummies out of Peru...but I'm sure ICE or HSI would be happy to have that conversation with her.

Edited by leisureclass

Well, I just speed read several pages of lemur facts. Go read it yourself before claiming that she, Melba, is not a scientist. There is apparently something and the one something is that there was a lemur that weighed between 350-400 lbs. It's extinct now thanks to humans (us) and Madagascar is in grave danger from the deforestation, habitat loss, hunting for bush meat, etc.

Sad situation......

Everyone agrees that giant lemurs existed. The problem is the idea that 15,000 years ago a giant lemur escaped from Madagascar, moved to America, mated with Europeans and Africans, and created Bigfoot.