The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

nijohn , after reviewing further, I think the table does state haplotypes HV but indicates only a partial read. Haplotype HV doesn't appear to me to have documentation back to 230,000 years ago. HV seems to have documentation back to 24,000 ybp. Per wickipedia. It exists among modern humans today, so there's no telling when a cross might have occured with that lineage. A hand full of samples from that haplotype might not influence the hypothesis by much. It might depend on what new mutations occured with it and when.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_HV_(mtDNA)

Haplogroup HV is a west Eurasian haplogroup found throughout West Asia and Southeastern Europe, including Iran, Anatolia (present-day Turkey) and the Caucasus Mountains of southern Russia and the republic of Georgia.[citation needed] It is also found to a much lesser extent in parts of East Africa, mainly in the population of Sudanese Arabs, where the frequency of Eurasian ancestry is 22.5%,[3] and a very high frequency of y-chromosome Haplogroup J (Y-DNA) is also found.[4]

Much earlier, around 30,000 years ago, some members of HV moved north across the Caucasus Mountains and west across Anatolia, their lineages being carried into Europe for the first time by the Cro-Magnon.[citation needed] However Cro-Magnons are supposed to arrived earlier and their lineages might be from Gravettians.[citation needed] Their arrival was the second group(s) of anatomically modern humans in Europe (the first being mtDNA haplogroup U5).[citation needed] These continued migrations sounded the end of the era of the Neandertals, a hominid species that inhabited Europe and parts of western Asia from about 230,000 to 29,000 years ago.[citation needed] Better communication skills, weapons, and resourcefulness probably enabled them to outcompete Neandertals for scarce resources. Importantly, some descendants of HV had already broken off and formed their own group, haplogroup H, and continued the push into Western Europe.[citation needed]

A 2003 study was published reporting on the mtDNA sequencing of the bones of two 24,000-year-old anatomically modern humans of the Cro-Magnon type from Southern Italy. The study showed one was of either haplogroup HV or R0.[5]

This is curious and utilizes Ketchum's results to build this case, I did not read it all, and probably won't b/c I skipped to the end and thought, oh no.....just forging ahead on this data peer review or no...  argg, I probably will read it eventually.. 

The OTLS! blogger seems quite adamant this paper did not pass any review, ever - even a friendly straw man journal didn't give a pass, and I doubt she will ever answer his/her accusations...and in this case silence seems affirmation 

anyway, this out to wake some up on a Monday..http://www.human-resonance.org/sasquatch_genome.html

The OTLS! blogger seems quite adamant this paper did not pass any review, ever - even a friendly straw man journal didn't give a pass, and I doubt she will ever answer his/her accusations...and in this case silence seems affirmation 

OTLS! is the epitome of rumor-based anonymous "journalism".  The only people who put any stock in that type of thing are people who don't care about facts.  

Guest ewashguy56

I wish the camera could have zoomed in a bit, as the video was a bit fuzzy. Classic tree swaying behavior displayed.

OTLS! is the epitome of rumor-based anonymous "journalism".  The only people who put any stock in that type of thing are people who don't care about facts.  

Tim,

can you direct me to which of his points are "rumor based"?   It seems to me as if most of his stuff is pretty well researched and documented.  certainly to a much higher standard that most in this community.

Tim,

can you direct me to which of his points are "rumor based"?   It seems to me as if most of his stuff is pretty well researched and documented.  certainly to a much higher standard that most in this community.

Sure thing- here's a quote:

From our sources, OTL,S! has learned that the paper did not receive peer review approval at Scholastica. It had previously failed at least three times, which is why Dr. Ketchum first issued her ‘results’ as a press release in November of last year. And it failed at Scholastica/JAMEZ. Futhermore, through our contacts in the publishing industry, OTL,S! has learned that thepaper failed peer review at another scientific journal (which we cannot identify by name at this time) again AFTER it failed at Scholastica/JAMEZ, in January of this year. In all, Ketchum’s paper failed peer review at least five times before she self-published it on a cobbled-together website called DeNovo.

Sources = unsubstantiated hearsay.  Nothing documented- we have to take this nameless bloggers "word" for it that all he says is true...  I think a lot of people are comfortable with making the assumption that this blogger is accurate because he or she says what they want to hear.  Not fact based though...

Tim B.

This is what the author says about his or her qualifications... 

Many of my stories are on Iraq and Iran, but I have no training other than one course in college, and a lot of understanding of lies about war, that I learned in the Vietnam era;

• Upvote 2

TimB i see your reputation here and think it was probably hard won, and based on insights that others recognize, so I want to address your assertion directly and in a serious tone.

You seem to think the blogger is printing unsubstantiated rumors.... and that rather than failing peer reviews, Ketchum's study passed....apparently in the Journal she claims to have purchased...I have lost track..but an acronym of FAZE and JAMEZ popped up together sometime back...  and did so to preserve those passing reviews.  Where is Casey Mullins on this, he sold it to her..

One PhD reviewer for a more prestigious journal did come forward with their reasons for a fail... (it's in this thread somewhere!)

The silence on these issues by Melba is incriminating.  She made some assertions early on with the release, that seemed almost an afterthought, an attempt to cover a little surprise (I assumed that post with the acronyms ... was never meant to be seen....) and has not followed up with those promises...any of them (again go back to this thread or those initial interviews.....please don't challenge me to do that work, it's there - in the past)

She needs to address this. She stated she had passing reviews..

It's terrible TimB, I am sorry, it is just a complete sham of the peer review process (and our intelligence) and reeks of dishonesty. She needs to clear it up.  Otherwise, silence is affirmation...  even in a court (within certain parameters).

I agree with you on Ketchum- I'm simply pointing out that citing OTLS for your "facts" is not going to win you any argument.  And by "you" I mean anyone not you in particular, Apehuman.

Bloggers, pffffttt.  I would not put one iota of faith in anything a blogger has to say about anything.  These days it is just how many clicks can be counted on their websites.  They are in no way looking for the truth.  They are, however, looking for hits on their sites.  So anyone that posts here quoting a blogger is suspect as well. 

Where are their credentials?????? 

BTW, I believe that Melba herself said that she was asked several times "what is this sample from?"  by the labs doing the work.

• Upvote 1

Tim,

Sure thing- here's a quote:

From our sources, OTL,S! has learned that the paper did not receive peer review approval at Scholastica. It had previously failed at least three times, which is why Dr. Ketchum first issued her ‘results’ as a press release in November of last year. And it failed at Scholastica/JAMEZ. Futhermore, through our contacts in the publishing industry, OTL,S! has learned that thepaper failed peer review at another scientific journal (which we cannot identify by name at this time) again AFTER it failed at Scholastica/JAMEZ, in January of this year. In all, Ketchum’s paper failed peer review at least five times before she self-published it on a cobbled-together website called DeNovo.

Sources = unsubstantiated hearsay.  Nothing documented- we have to take this nameless bloggers "word" for it that all he says is true...  I think a lot of people are comfortable with making the assumption that this blogger is accurate because he or she says what they want to hear.  Not fact based though...

Tim B.

Tim,

Contact Gary Stone in St. George Utah.  he can and will confirm all of that ,  from first hand knowledge, as it was he who had originally set up JAMEZ, and helped Melbas crew in setting up De Novo.  let me know if yiou need a phone number or contact info,  not hard to find,  just takes an inquiring mind and 5 minutes of google work!!

This is what the author says about his or her qualifications... 

Many of my stories are on Iraq and Iran, but I have no training other than one course in college, and a lot of understanding of lies about war, that I learned in the Vietnam era;

Tim,

Contact Gary Stone in St. George Utah.  he can and will confirm all of that ,  from first hand knowledge, as it was he who had originally set up JAMEZ, and helped Melbas crew in setting up De Novo.  let me know if yiou need a phone number or contact info,  not hard to find,  just takes an inquiring mind and 5 minutes of google work!!

If only the bloggers had inquiring minds, huh?  Too often they post their unsubstantiated fact which is then regurgitated by a willing readership as fact.  You illustrated well the fallacy of putting any stock into unsubstantiated rumors of the OTLS kind.

Tim B.

Bloggers, pffffttt.  I would not put one iota of faith in anything a blogger has to say about anything.

DeNovo is nothing more than a single-entry blog.