Community Challenge

norseman

Recently watching threads that are so freakin large that they are crashing our website got me thinking........

Are we spending our time in a proper manner? Is talking about hearsay or proposed things that have not come to light really productive?

I wish people would take one tenth of that time that they spend making hundreds of posts in these "unproductive" threads, and take a honest crack at the subject. Strap your boots on and get out there! We need you! If pro kill absolutely makes you feel ill? Then collect scat and hair samples, try to retrieve DNA in some other form than a steaming dead body.

If your in a position that you absolutely positively CANNOT get out there? Then help out in other productive ways, crunch numbers, investigate reports, whatever.

Sorry, I just feel like this family of mine is more often than not chasing it's tail, round and round and round. Leave the drama behind,........it's a "he said, she said" type of affair.

• Upvote 2

I feel you, man.

But I think the posts do one important thing: educate the younger folks who might actually solve this mystery for us.

As I've said here more than once: I'm not arguing here, I'm educating. The next generation is going to be the mainstream. I want that stream to flow in a different direction from this one.

In 1994 when I started looking for bigfoot I didn't have the internet, so I went out into the field all the time. In 1995 I saw a news report about bigfoot in the Molalla River area. It wasn't that far away, so I would drive around the area and talk to the people. I finally met the people that had the bigfoot sighting and they showed me the area and told me their stories. Within 5 months I had my first bigfoot sighting at the same location and went from skeptic/believer to knower.

I agree 100% with Norseman. You have to go out in the field if you want to have a bigfoot sighting or encounter. It might take days, weeks, months, or years, but if you are persistant and patient you just might have your own bigfoot story to share.

This is the news report I saw in 1995.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBf-ij6EOs

It's almost March. Everyone take some time and plan out your Spring/Summer/Fall of where you are going to go in the outdoors. I'm already thinking about places I will go fishing and I always carry an HD camcorder in my pocket. It's for fishing, of course, but I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for you-know-who... it's half the fun of being out there.

AGREED! we have 2500 acres out of Packwood, WA (my swat buddies grandpas place) he pretty sure he saw one 3 weeks ago. its surrounded by NF land and he and the neighboring ranch have head vocals they cant explain. We are heading there late march early April. I get out quite a bit in the Sierra's but I truly believe WA and British Columbia is where IT will finally proved to exist.

I'd like to but I only get weekends off and trudging thru the woods would cut into my golf time.....funner to kick it here and watch people stick their tounges out at eachother

But.....i wouldn't mind hooking up with a group if they want to check out some spots in the centeral serias...i'll guard the camp and the beer.

Plussed Norseman. I am out there looking at new areas now, as long as it hasn't snowed, and can't wait until it gets warmer. Here's to getting my boots dirty!

Guest VioletX

I get my boots dirty 5 days a week ,sometimes with a baby, preschooler and a dog along and still have time to contribute gossip to the Facepalm thread, thank you very much. :victory: (that is V for Violet)

I am just a novice and I do not have cameras and recording devices or much time to do all of that recording to be honest, but I am out there documenting what I can and experiencing some interesting things.

I think we do need the forum chit chat, especially for the newbies or those of us that do not know a soul IRL who cares about the BF mystery.

It's February. I'll stick with the hearsay and rumors until it warms up a bit, thank you. These creaky bones of mine aren't getting any younger.

As I mentioned in the original post? There are other ways to help.......

I've been going on animal forums since I was eight (seventeen now) and the fact is that you'll never have only "productive" posts going on. Some people, like myself, are just passionate about nature and the planet and try to immerse themselves in the topic, even when/where not applicable.

I went out today for about three hours........I saw rabbit, deer and coyote tracks.

I've been going on animal forums since I was eight (seventeen now) and the fact is that you'll never have only "productive" posts going on. Some people, like myself, are just passionate about nature and the planet and try to immerse themselves in the topic, even when/where not applicable.

Maybe not.........but in light of some of the three ring circus stuff going on of late?

I think it's a lofty goal worthy of consideration.