Community Challenge

norseman

Well written Norse.. tending to reports and interviews like always ..just trying.... to stay out of trouble,..... be helpful and not promote silly..

I would like to see something that helps with new ideas on how to go about things . I am going to try a FPV RC plane this year . Testing is done for the RPV version . I think I will try one with GPS as well .

Norseman I could not agree more +1 !!!

In the winter I do not really hit my research areas hard for a important few reasons BUT I am still hard at work collecting report data , checking out new research equipement , coming up with brand new techniques for field OP's and spending 100's of hours pouring over topo and aerial maps looking for game bedding areas, water scources, crop food sources, day zones, winter core areas and maine travel routes.

We do need to be more intensive with field work , formulate a plan, prepare and take action.

As I mentioned in the original post? There are other ways to help.......

Number crunching? I can help you out with the odds that Dyer is telling the truth but beyond that, I have no idea what you may be referring to. Care to elaborate a bit?

I have been doing what Nathan wrote about, poring over topo maps of the areas local to me that I'd like to visit in the spring (I love maps, probly do this even if I weren't interested in Bigfoot) and looking at area reports to get an idea where the activity is but I'm honestly not sure what else I can be doing right now.

I'd like one of the habituators on this site to step up and show what they have.

Me too, but more because I am itching to see more of Bigfoot, because every time I come on here I learn something new about them, it's fascinating. I dont, however, want anyone to reveal anything they arent comfortable doing.

Number crunching? I can help you out with the odds that Dyer is telling the truth but beyond that, I have no idea what you may be referring to. Care to elaborate a bit?

I have been doing what Nathan wrote about, poring over topo maps of the areas local to me that I'd like to visit in the spring (I love maps, probly do this even if I weren't interested in Bigfoot) and looking at area reports to get an idea where the activity is but I'm honestly not sure what else I can be doing right now.

How about taking sightings in your area, and plotting them with elevation and seasonal times? Establish a pattern of travel, which may give you better perspective as to why they travel when they do. I.e. Berry ripening, fawn birthing, digging roots, fish spawning.......etc.

We need to be thinking outside the box on this and just not simply be looking at sightings on a map as random happenstance...........there is method to the madness of nature. If Sasquatch is a living biological entity then he too must follow natures laws, food, shelter, warmth, mating, etc.

I see definite trends in my area - I went and logged all the reports for the last ten years and found some very interesting data. I do need to do more with that, however, besides oggle it and drool with anticipation.

Sorry, I just feel like this family of mine is more often than not chasing it's tail, round and round and round.

It seems to me many bigfooters are not really into this to prove its existence to the public. Bigfooting is a hobby - see if you can get great casts, pics, therms, maybe video; and then maybe share that with the community. None of it will mean much to those outside the community. Then, as you say above, repeat.

It is folks spending their time as they see fit - I am not going to judge it...

It seems to me many bigfooters are not really into this to prove its existence to the public. Bigfooting is a hobby - see if you can get great casts, pics, therms, maybe video; and then maybe share that with the community. None of it will mean much to those outside the community. Then, as you say above, repeat.

Oh I know............I couldn't disagree more with that mindset, but it is what it is.

It is folks spending their time as they see fit - I am not going to judge it...

Except when it hurts the subject.

^^^ It seems odd to say this to a kill club member, but you have a point there...

I equate it to gunmen who are shooting innocent people...........they are looking for notoriety. Even if it's posthumously.

Threads that have 200 pages with their name plastered at the top? Are exactly what they are looking for..........press even bad press is their goal.

Guest JiggyPotamus

On average, no, the discussions are not productive at all. I realized this not long after I began posting and reading on this board, and this is actually what shaped my posting style. Instead of just throwing out useless text I really try to make connections with sighting reports, videos, and virtually anything else that I can, in an attempt to substantiate certain beliefs about sasquatch behavior and characteristics.

To put it another way, there are many people on these forums who think it is useless to speculate on the plethora of topics related to sasquatch, while I believe that by making educated guesses, or guesses based on tentative logic if that is all that is available, we are serving to actually do something productive. I say this because once sasquatch is documented there are going to actually be discussions about the very things that some wish to dismiss at present, since sasquatch has not been proven to exist.

So I think that by speculating, finding patterns, and making connections, even if they are wrong, we are just preparing for the future. So once those same topics come up for discussion after sasquatch has been proven to exist, much of the groundwork will have already been laid. I find laying this groundwork exciting and entertaining, and I have already developed many ideas about these animals, to the point that if I wrote them all down someone reading them would think I was describing an animal that was already proven to exist. Granted, many of my ideas are likely incorrect, but I would rather have incorrect ideas than no ideas at all. Maybe others disagree with that philosophy, but that's just how I roll dawg. Fo sho.

ETA: It should be pointed out that much of what is discussed on these boards, and I am guilty as well, has already been picked apart in sasquatch books that are decades old, as well as on the old forums and other places on the internet. I know I probably come up with ideas that have been mentioned one hundred times in the past, and are only new to me, because I am not familiar with much of what has already been done. This is why science builds upon older data and ideas, and why scientists must keep up with new discoveries and ideas. In our case it is mostly ideas instead of discoveries though. So my point is that even by doing what I described myself doing above, I am likely still being unproductive considering I am just rehashing older ideas.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

On average, no, the discussions are not productive at all. I realized this not long after I began posting and reading on this board, and this is actually what shaped my posting style. Instead of just throwing out useless text I really try to make connections with sighting reports, videos, and virtually anything else that I can, in an attempt to substantiate certain beliefs about sasquatch behavior and characteristics.

To put it another way, there are many people on these forums who think it is useless to speculate on the plethora of topics related to sasquatch, while I believe that by making educated guesses, or guesses based on tentative logic if that is all that is available, we are serving to actually do something productive. I say this because once sasquatch is documented there are going to actually be discussions about the very things that some wish to dismiss at present, since sasquatch has not been proven to exist.

So I think that by speculating, finding patterns, and making connections, even if they are wrong, we are just preparing for the future. So once those same topics come up for discussion after sasquatch has been proven to exist, much of the groundwork will have already been laid. I find laying this groundwork exciting and entertaining, and I have already developed many ideas about these animals, to the point that if I wrote them all down someone reading them would think I was describing an animal that was already proven to exist. Granted, many of my ideas are likely incorrect, but I would rather have incorrect ideas than no ideas at all. Maybe others disagree with that philosophy, but that's just how I roll dawg. Fo sho.

ETA: It should be pointed out that much of what is discussed on these boards, and I am guilty as well, has already been picked apart in sasquatch books that are decades old, as well as on the old forums and other places on the internet. I know I probably come up with ideas that have been mentioned one hundred times in the past, and are only new to me, because I am not familiar with much of what has already been done. This is why science builds upon older data and ideas, and why scientists must keep up with new discoveries and ideas. In our case it is mostly ideas instead of discoveries though. So my point is that even by doing what I described myself doing above, I am likely still being unproductive considering I am just rehashing older ideas.

Well, you're right in that much of what is discussed here (P/G and the Skookum Cast, for example) is largely settled.

(P/G is done; no evidence of a fake in 45 years. Doesn't mean bigfoot's real; just means that everything brought up here is unnecessary rehash by scientifically-unqualified people who need to read up better.)

(Skookum IS NOT A KNEELING ELK. Ditto.)

Still, speculation - intelligent speculation, based on evidence - is important. It's how science advances, by speculating and testing the speculation against the evidence. So yes, that speculation has a place; here is a place; and people who say one can't speculate unless one has proof are ignorant how science works.

What is pointless is arguing with people who are demonstrably un-versed in the evidence. Which is why I tell people that I am not arguing here; I am well-read-up on this topic, and I am EDUCATING. I am speaking to the people - youngsters trying to decide what they will do for a living, primarily - who have open minds on this topic, trying to show what that means, and that bigfoot skeptics are operating with largely closed minds.

And that is a pretty hefty contribution, just IMHO.

Edited by DWA