Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

I will repeat my thoughts on this again: I think its cos he is fed up of people misinterpreting him and reading into statements in the wrong ways myself. Rick Dyer says 'I am going to make a cup of coffee' and two days later someone here says 'he never did make that cup of coffee as we never saw that coffee so therefore he is a liar' LOL

GM lovely JackiLB

He doesnt care what people think or say he wants and needs the attention. And yes when it comes to RD i would question on whether he made that cup of coffee or did he go to starbucks and buy it :keeporder:

Guest VioletX

But did not see them retrieve a body. They could have been filming B roll or just firing a shot so that others in the area would say a shot was fired. How many people would it take to get a dead squatch into an SUV? My guess is 6 minimum if weight estimates are correct and those people would have to be in good shape.

lol, maybe that is why Minnow purportedly gave rick the Navigator! To replace the Suv that was all bloody and Squatchy smelling :onthequiet:.

Seriously I do not think a Bf would fit in an SUV...maybe a large one?? I think you could rig up ropes and tarps to move it if necessay.

I think they would have had to get a large truck...maybe they drove the SUV from the camp to the Walmart and paid off a delivery driver of a Refer truck to store it for a bit... ;)

Edited by VioletX

This has never been an issue of verifying statements made by dyer, it's been finding which statements to verify since he keeps changing the story. The reason he's deleting videos is because there's so much contradicting version of the story which the believers only want to listen to the latest, without seeing the red flags raised by the previous 5-6 versions.

It's not coincidence that every time we've discussed a serious problem with the story here on this forum, that the official story from RD or Musky has changed. Unfortunately for them, my memory isn't that short. And he's going to throw it in your faces afterwards that you should have seen it coming.

Melissa - he's sold out his expeditions, because people buy into the hype. If anyone were to get him for fraud, it would be through that aspect of his actions. That expedition just gave him $10,000. $12,000 if they buy the $100 camping gear he usually sells. And who said hoaxes don't make money?

I once asked this ages ago but no one commented on it, but I have a query regarding the filming of the shooting.

If the camerman was knocked over by the Sasquatch, their camera would therefore have been thrown to the ground. So therefore, I dont see how the second and fatal shooting could have been filmed, unless there was another cameraman covering the event too? hmmm....I am not sure if Rick has ever said that the actually second bullet was filmed? I am not however questioning whether the animal was shot or not, I am merely wondering if the actual death of the Bigfoot may not actually be contained within the film?

Edited by JackiLB

Guest VioletX

^ I do not know why I have assumed two camera guys, heard it some where or construed it from something???

If you are right, maybe they only filmed the aftermath. But for some reason I think that Ricks altercation with the fim crew was also filmed so I am still thinking two cameras.

Melissa - he's sold out his expeditions, because people buy into the hype. If anyone were to get him for fraud, it would be through that aspect of his actions. That expedition just gave him $10,000. $12,000 if they buy the $100 camping gear he usually sells. And who said hoaxes don't make money?

$500.00 for the expedition and then an optional $100.00 for camping gear - does he say what's in the gear? Do you have to bring your own food too? Any word on who supplies the bigfoot?

Oh, I know people buy into his stuff - what I can't figure out is why.. But whatever floats their boat I guess. :)

Well the Tribeca Film Festival doesnt start for about another 7 weeks yet, so there is time yet. However last week the story was covered (badly) by a major British tabloid newspaper The Daily Mail. I just read it through again and it doesnt say Minnow Films but rather an up coming documentary. Given the politics of this particular newspaper which would be in total stark comparison to the politics of Minnow Films, I am sure that Matthew Morgan's worst nightmare would be for his amazing film to be hyped in the Daily Mail! The Daily Mail must have approached Minnow for their story and it would appear that they must have declined to comment as they are only mentioned as a film crew. However if this story is a hoax, I would have thought that Morgan Matthews would by now want to stop tabloid junk press promoting his film incorrectly and would be speaking out as much?

Hi,

JackiLB - what are the politics of Minnow and how would they be at odds with those of the Daily Mail would you say? You're correct about the Mail having a political bent, but I'm not sure how you know about Minnow's and how that might be at odds with the Mail.

With all due respect, if you think that Morgan Matthews would be horrified to have his story feature on the Daily Mail's web-site, then it would appear you might not know how media works. Mail Online is not only one of the biggest news sites in the UK - it is also one of the biggest news sites in America. Morgan Matthews and Minnow would bite the hand off Associated Newspapers to be feautured on the Mail's website or their newspaper. It is free pubicity. Advertisers pay thousands for exposure both in the paper and online. Look at some of the brands in the paper - the overwhelming majority that have nothing to say politically but want to do one simple thing: get in front of as many people as possible.

To say that the Mail "must have approached Minnow" is jumping to a massive conclusion- actually, it seems more like a wild guess but do you know differently? Had the Mail approached Minnow, they'd have stated: "We approached Minnow Films but they declined to comment", or something similar. And actually this feature by "a Daily Mail Reporter" could well be syndicated, or have been picked up by a freelance journalist and passed on.

As for your comment about the mail being "junk press" I agree!! It is!! And whilst it is not my cup of tea and I certainly don't share it's political views, it is actually classed as a mid-market tabloid, read mainly by an older, middle class audience (the paper at least). However, the website has a different profile altogether.

Many companies try to garner relationships with the media. It's beneficial to both parties. Film companies are no different. Look at when a big film is released. You might have the star of the film on the front cover of the magazine, with an interview inside. You'll also likely see an ad for that film in the magazine, or if not at least a mention of the film's plot and release date within the interview. It's all about PR. Minnow would be delighted at such exposure.

Anyhow, boring talk about media over.

Any news from Derek Randles??!!!

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest WldHrtRnch

Not boring Lee. Your ideas give a different slant on this. Many ideas have been put forth in this thread, many of them then construed as fact. All in all, most of it is still only hearsay and rumors and theories really. I appreciate your outlook and opinion.

RD may be selling his BF rifle? As he said he would, for the right price? $100K was the offer he said he had.

Guest VioletX

That is another thought...if this is the purpose of his trip and he did sell the Bf rifle, and it after that all of this turned out to be a hoax...wouldn't he be liable to be sued for fraud?

I'm confused - can someone help me out here. How close did Musky say he got to the body during the viewing?

Close enought to yank the hair and see the pores.

He tried pulling hair, but couldn't.... on a 5 month old corpse with partial embalming. Anyone that talks to a coroner or funeral director will get laughed at for that question on the phone...

Guest VioletX

He tried pulling hair, but couldn't.... on a 5 month old corpse with partial embalming. Anyone that talks to a coroner or funeral director will get laughed at for that question on the phone...

He tried to do it surreptitiously as he felt uncertain as to the protocol required and felt awkward with other people around.