Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

Here's what Derek had to say about the Elbe Trackway (faked)

So everyone can be fooled apparently fairly easily.

I would also suggest that if the hoaxer had not been sloppy about how he handled the presentation/announcement of this find, it would still be heralded as the greatest track find every.

If you want a great example of group think and wishful thinking by the "experts" in this field, I highly recommend reading it.

It's a great example (the whole thread) of how one can fill in all the blanks and questions with their imagination and forgone conclusions that we all bring to the table.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

"There is definite toe movement in the tracks 100% The really cool thing about this track event is that so many casts were made by different researchers. Scott Taylor was kind enough to invite us in to help document the track way. For the record, I did not "see fit" to take over the investigation, we offered to help him document the track way with the direction of Jeff Meldrum. Jeff had hoped to get there by Saturday but his plans changed. We measured the track way, established a base line, numbered each track with the line tape running continuous. This was done in three segments due to the length of the track way. There are several pictures on my facebook wall for those who care to see them.

I found one good track very close to the bank where I believe it came down after crossing the road. In the open sandy area it walked with purpose. Heal to heal it varied fro 42" to 50". Once it got to the lower bank, below the rim it slowed down and took smaller steps. This makes perfect sense to me. As it advanced on the rim became taller and the step length stayed fairly close. When it came back up the bank, ( more exposed ), the length became greater. It went around a downed tree and walked back toward the bank and water line again. It went back down the bank and the step to step became shorter again. It would have been much easier to walk on the upper bank but I believe it was more relaxed walking below because it was more hidden. It again climbed the bank and walked toward the timber line. I lost the track about 10 ft before a rock bank at the timber line. After hiking the area I discovered a large blackberry grove just inside the timber line about 80 yards down a trail. . The blackberry bushes were absolutely loaded with ripe berries. I stood in one place and ate for about 5 minutes. I think that is what it was doing there. I found no evidence that it ever came back to the beach. There is a trail there that leads down a fence line back to the highway.

I would like to say I applaud Scott Taylor for inviting the Olympic Project in, as well as other researchers to help document this historic trackway. Sharing information and evidence is how research should be done. IMO, a lot more can be learned this way. We have already started perimeter grid hikes and more are planned to see how much more can be learned about this area and this event."

DR

Hey man, you can just come out and say you don't like me. It's all good. Yes I can be fooled..so can you. The only thing I'm an expert in is Landscape construction. Remember, I didn't ask to go see the body, I was invited. More than likely because I'm one of the few who hasn't acted like a child about this. I don't play into the drama BS here in BF land. I'm also an honest person. I've already said even if I do see a body, I won't come back with proof, but I will come back with an opinion. Is that tough for you to understand??? Besides that, this personal for me, it's not for you or anybody else. If there's even a chance it's real, I want to check it out..and spend a couple days in Vegas. Sounds like a great trip to me, I love that place and have friends there. Body or no body I will have a good time.. :D

And you sir,

try to have a pleasant weekend.

DR

Being it is the weekend I am unable to speak to any PIO's about the area, but within blocks of the supposed shooting is The Western Substation of the San Antonio Police Department. According to the realtors, the area is heavily patrolled. Based on this preliminary information, a shooting would likely be immediately followed up on. Considering that Dyer supposedly shot a bigfoot, and loaded what would appear to be a human-type body into a freezer truck... I call shenanigans. Cops would have been all over this. .

Yes, he has stated that he initially rented a refrigerated truck for a considerable period of time. Keep in mind though, it's certainly possible the body was transported to this truck from the scene. Truck may well have been located a considerable distance from there. Of course that begs the question.....how did they transport it to the truck?

Guest Cervelo

Ahh no I will not...I don't know you personally.

All I have to go by is your posted research and behavior here which speaks for itself ;)

Edit typo

Hey man, you can just come out and say you don't like me. It's all good. Yes I can be fooled..so can you. The only thing I'm an expert in is Landscape construction. Remember, I didn't ask to go see the body, I was invited. More than likely because I'm one of the few who hasn't acted like a child about this. I don't play into the drama BS here in BF land. I'm also an honest person. I've already said even if I do see a body, I won't come back with proof, but I will come back with an opinion. Is that tough for you to understand??? Besides that, this personal for me, it's not for you or anybody else. If there's even a chance it's real, I want to check it out..and spend a couple days in Vegas. Sounds like a great trip to me, I love that place and have friends there. Body or no body I will have a good time.. :D

And you sir,

DR

Edited by Cervelo

Ahh no I will not...I don't know you personally.

All I have to go by is your posted reserch and behavior here which speaks for itself ;)

lol, so does yours cowboy :D

And you sir,

DR

Derek..thanks for chiming in! Great answer. BTW folks..Derek's character is beyond reproach. He is highly respected in the BF community. No one is infallible..including Meldrum. We don't need an expert in Derek..just someone we can trust to give us an honest answer as to what he sees..or doesn't see.

Somehow....I ran across this, it actually gave me a chuckle.

LOL...At first I thought this was a spoof of sorts, but this guy is for real. Scary stuff...a nut case. If I were Dyer, this would concern me a bit, although he actually posted this on his blog!

As Robert Lindsay said in his blog post about this, there is just something about a woman's intuition when it comes to "feeling" a certain way about a story. I trust yours completely Skyla. I think you're spot on.

And by the way, unfortunately he can not join us to discuss this topic, he's been banned here permanently. Shocker.

Oooooooooh! As the great Basil Brush would say 'hoity-toity boom boom!

The young man said he had been living there a year and a half. Surely if anyone knew if a BF had been shot and killed, he would right? ( it's pretty much his backyard ) We can't just pick and choose details we want to push forward and those we want to ignore. So that in mind, Ok so he heard a gun shot? so what?

It could of been rick shooting at a raccoon for all we know. With no previous hunting history whatsoever, through his own admittance, it seems shocking he would have enough accuracy to get such a "clean head shot". ( only two teeth missing, remember? )

The head shot knocking out two teeth does not make sense to me; RD is way shorter than a BF so his gun would be pointing up. If you consider that angle the bullet would have emerged higher in BF’s face and not his teeth. The BF would have to be a considerable distance away from RD to have his teeth shot out. The details of this whole tale do not add up.

right on Derek,

you have been one of the most up front, levelheaded, people that are known for doing research in this field,

i know i can speak for others, that we always look forward to anything you have to say

OK, this topic is generating numerous reports... again.

Moderator Statement:

Please keep the personal comments about others out of the discussion. If you are not specifically discussing an aspect of the RD situation, you are probably discussing another member, which is against the rules.

I am within a gnat's hair of locking this topic. I expect grown ups to conduct themselves in a responsible, adult manner. If the behavior continues, the topic will be locked, possibly for good.

See

LOL...At first I thought this was a spoof of sorts, but this guy is for real. Scary stuff...a nut case. If I were Dyer, this would concern me a bit, although he actually posted this on his blog!

Lol, it's definitely a spoof. This guy has done at least one other spoof too.

Guest DantheMan

Derek..thanks for chiming in! Great answer. BTW folks..Derek's character is beyond reproach. He is highly respected in the BF community. No one is infallible..including Meldrum. We don't need an expert in Derek..just someone we can trust to give us an honest answer as to what he sees..or doesn't see.

Exactly! Someone who's reputation precedes them, vs. Musky Allen who made his reputation up!

With lightheartedness and respect, but with some seriousness too.....

If you think this guy is for real, I'm beginning to understand how you can conclude that Musky could not possibly be simply a very good actor!