Is Mm And Staff Becoming More Skeptical?

TD-40

Yeah, the go-kart track video was an obvious hoax. I was surprised they even considered it. It wasnt even well-done and the backstory was verging on insulting, IMO. You're saying you were riding around in a small, open vehicle, facing a man-sized upright biped in the middle of your frame of vision, and didnt detect it at all? Even if the track was round as he was turning, he was facing it dead-on at some point. And it didnt just appear in the line of the camera, it had to walk up to the shot and then walk away. Someone would have noticed it.

JiggyPotomus is correct about this being a reality show and all about the ratings. Editing, Editing, Editing. People believe me, the producers of this show edit the show to make it as appealing to as large an audience as possible. I remember MM stating that they edited key statements he had made about a certain case that he thought was bogus but all we saw was clever editing making it seem that "that is known Bigfoot behaviour" and "you may have seen a Sasquatch". Editors have enormous influence over the way the show is interpreted by the audience by withholding statements or adding statements that were said in another part of the dialogue into a different part of the same interview/ statement.

When there is no other logical explanation available to her, Renae always falls back on "but I can't say it's a Sasquatch until I see what you saw."

Well, no offense, but that's an impossible task for the witnesses to provide. No matter how compelling their sighting, they can't transport her back in time to that place so that she can see the BF too. If her mind isn't even open enough to think that something can exist until she personally sees it, she's never going to acknowledge it until there's a big public reveal. And she might as well stay home, really.

I like Renae but that line always makes me shake my head.

I think Ranae has some interesting things to add, but she doesnt always need to comment when she doesnt know what to say. She freely admits she doesnt know, yet comments anyway. She's one of my favorite members of the team but she has a habit of putting herself on the spot and forcing herself to comment, I think.

Guest LJSLaw

I have a small amount of experience in dealing with 'reality' type tv shows.

Entertaining the audience and attracting viewers is the #1 goal. It's not the science, it's not the methodology, it's not even about being honest. It's about attracting and keeping viewers. It's not even so much about finding bigfoot. The producers want high ratings, even if that means a less likely chance to find a bigfoot. Of course, actually finding solid evidence or a Patterson-Gimlin level video shot of a squatch, would guarantee high ratings. Still, logic suggests they consider that possibility remote. Therefore, they focus on things within their control, to attract viewers.

The PRODUCERS are in charge of attracting viewers. The talent does what they are told. If they didn't, there would not be a show.

I am guessing now, without knowing, there is a constant 'battle' between what the talent wants and what the producers want. The producers, by definition, win every time.

SSR Team

He has, I think

So why have I heard him say he hast seen one on the show ?

Admin

I think there is quite a bit of embellishing the facts, just to create excitement. Its all about Ratings. MM talks like he was raised by Bigfoots. He makes me Laugh. They do seem to be investigating encounters, that are probable hoaxes, but I like potatoes.

He has, I think

I'm pretty sure he hasn't seen one, although he was in an area once, where he got very nervous.......not sure if he was zapped or not. Seems this Intel was from his website.

BFF Patron

MM saw one in Ohio during his law school days if I remember right it was on a dirt road at night with moon and shadows defining it. He wrote it up somewhere in the blogosphere or online outlets one time.

And of all of the things they have seen and heard, THAT video is one of a few that I would have said is 99% likely to be a real sasquatch!

Go figure.

That sasquatch was awfully close for the kids not to have seen it. I found myself agreeing with them.

A peculiarity I find is that people seem to think that having seen A Bigfoot means that you can't be a skeptic.

I've seen one, yet I am a staunch skeptic. Why? Because I love sasquatch and I think hoaxes harm the field. MM, for all accounts, feels the same way. I respect MM for that, even though I think he is a tad egotistical

Admin

After seeing MM work, I would tend to play Ranae's role and say misidentification about his sighting in total darkness. Although I wasn't there, but he thinks everything, stick breaks, deer bones, matted grass, fallen trees, are attributed to a Squatch. For him to say hoax, it probably is, because he is on the other end of the scale from skeptical. IMO

Barking hoax to bark hoax is not more skeptical. It's more kneejerk.

I don't think I have ever done that. If it is a misidentification, then it is that. However when the situation in which the video made seems sketchy, use Occams razor to cut through the rough stuff.