Ketchum Is Taking The Heat, But What About Paulides?

^It shows nothing of the kind. Where is their fully vetted, peer reviewed paper WITH data refuting the study. Posting a mocking You Tube video is not legitimate "review", "evalutation" or any other such action.

^ Where is the peer reviewed fully vetted Ketchum paper (with accompanying data supporting its conclusions) worth giving more than a cursory skim before dismissing?

^^ there is no peer reviewed paper. It was a press release on her DeNovo Blog.

Wrong. You don't have to pay to read a press release.

I can't even believe people are still discussing the Ketchum stuff. I was completely offended at the "peer reviewed publication". I laughed at first. Then I realized I had been hoping it would be something. Then I felt offended as if someone made me feel foolish when I hadn't even done anything wrong. Someone lying to me offends me.

Mhh must say, Paulides opinion about BF DNA being more "human" does make sence to me. I would believe the Native American Tribes if they say it is another "tribe". IMHO

The UFO stuff I don´t know, but what I do know is that reallity can be pretty strange and at the end of the day, WHAT do we know about this planet and it´s evolution? Only what has been tought to us by a greedy moneyhungry system that sure has an interest to cloud our past.

I know most of you wont like my opinion, but I stongly believe our past is WAY different than we are tought in school!

@ Mulder

I don't see so much poo-flinging, sniggering, etc. I see quite a few people, myself, who honestly

feel betrayed. I am trying to be fair & objective. I fail somewhat. So I was glad to see slappy's

more charitable view, wherein she is merely in over her head instead of an intentional fraud.

I have been so p*d by this whole thing I couls barely bring myself back here to add my two penneth. I reiterate again what i have said from the start that only Sykes can salvage this. Call me what you will but I continue to believe regardless of the outcome of his study. As for Paulides, good or bad publicity makes money and increases book sales. I dont think that was his only motivation as he does seem to genuinely believe in the existence of bf but it could very well be he saw a spike in sales and ran with it. Wouldnt be he first and i doubt he'll be the last.

Guest BuzzardEater

I am sure Paulides is a believer. He is reluctant to take the sensationalist stand, though. All Paulides had to do was utter the words, "Bigfoot is eating our children" to stir up conversation. He didn't do it, preferring to let the reader come to his own conclusions based on the gathered evidence. As well, he has not set up any revenue streams to profit from his books beyond cover price. If he was leading expeditions or mounting re-enactments or hosting a TV show, I'd be more inclined to think he is after money. If anything he is leaving money on the table.

I think Paulides has come to a point in his journey where everything must be considered. As many know, any answers regaurding Bigfoot, lead to more questions. The questions get bigger as you go along. I'm at the meaning of life stage, myself.

@ Mulder

Apparently, you are the only person besides Dr. Ketchum who has actually seen her data.

If others were allowed to see it, perhaps they'd agree with you.

As for the snickering, NZ grad students, they offend me, too, because of the rudeness.

Ridicule is rotten. In here, many who disagree with MK are mature and polite about it.

It's a mistake to let yourself think that bad mannered kids represent the norm. Admittedly,

tho, there are a number of newpaper columnists who could teach those kids how to be

even more obnoxious.

the night she was on C to C George noory, saw all the emails and the letters about the trouble she said she had with labs and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, according to Paulides and C2C interview he is leaving Bigfoot field altogether .when asked about future plans he said he had none, he's done... the host a bit shocked and poor follow up...but apparently the NABS is not Paulide's site or group? As it seems to be up and running with no indication he is quitting...so perhaps Scott Carpenter or Richard will take over if Paulides really leaves...

he did claim, while it was still fashionable, to be the first to organize the Ketchum Study, and he also had developed a Genome website...it was thick as thieves a year ago..what happened? The study absolutely failed, yeah...and yet he says it didn't....mouths approval and yet is leaving the field...forgetting that genome plan....there is more to that story I bet........just too weird...too weird...

Edited by apehuman

In Paulides' defense, He did say he would be done when the study was done. In one of his early interviews on C2C this is practically word for word. His ambition never was to stay involved but to find resolution "atleast that which he would be satisfied with" and move on.

I also listened to the Paulides interview on C2C. Interesting stuff as usual. In his mind at least the Ketchum study does what it set out to do, prove the existence of Sasquatch. It seems that his latest research in to the strange disappearances is taking him into new territory. For example, he spoke at length about the beliefs of the people of Iceland. In Iceland there is a strong, ancient belief that some large boulders are home to spirits, both good and malevolent. He then stresses how many of the disappearances he has logged have taken place in boulder strewn fields.....

I should stress that Paulides balanced this up with some very good retread of his time spent gathering data for the Hoopa Project. It is this work that we should remember Paulides for, if he has indeed left the BF scene behind.

I am sure Paulides is a believer. He is reluctant to take the sensationalist stand, though. All Paulides had to do was utter the words, "Bigfoot is eating our children" to stir up conversation. He didn't do it, preferring to let the reader come to his own conclusions based on the gathered evidence.

Yes, but would the conversation be, "OMG, Bigfoot is eating our children! We need to do something! Won't somebody think of the children!" or would it be "Good lord, the man thinks Bigfoot is real and eating our children. He's nuts!"?

In Paulides' defense...

Wow, I didn't expect you to just jump in and defend him! Oh wait... Never mind.

@poignant

I goddid

@MarkGlasgow

I'm sure "plenty" (read 'some') of people in Iceland have some belief in elves in rocks/stones. Just like my great grand parents hushed us and strictly told us not to speak about 'tomtar' and other such things. I would wager it is not as common as the article makes it seem. Good luck to Paulides I guess, not that I think he'll need it, he'll find a way to make a buck from the gullible with a new book regardless.

Edited by NukaCola