Why Would A Sassy Eat Food Nailed To A Tree?

Guest Nalajr

Guest Nalajr

Hey all,

I've been thinking a bit after going and watching that video. Just a simple thought really. That is, why on earth would the most elusive and skiddish creature on earth stand right next to 2 tents and eat a rack of ribs that were nailed to a tree? It just doesn't add up.

If SASSY is real, I think we can all agree that to make it this long without being captured or killed he'd have to be pretty darn crafty, intelligent and have incredible instincts. One thing he would certainly KNOW about is HUMANS. Being in that area SASSY would undoubtedly know that if something happens or too much noise is made, humans will come pouring out of those strange looking things sitting on the ground that we call TENTS. Which SASSY would know, means BAD NEWS FOR HIM. HUMANS=TROUBLE FOR SASSY!

If the voluminous reports are to be believed, SASSY can catch deer, pigs, elk, moose or whatever he is in the mood for, to eat. SASSY goes for the internal organs presumably because that's where the majority of the nutrients are located. An animal that hunts like that, eats like that and behaves like that would NOT just stand there, pretty as you please, licking and nibbling on a rack of ribs nailed to a tree that's 15 feet away from 2 tents and if he can't HEAR the HUMANS inside them, he can almost certainly SMELL THEM. If he was interested in the ribs he would carefully approach the area staying as hidden and as quiet as he could. He would spot them and spend a long time simply watching and surveying the area to make sure it would be SAFE to approach. He would probably even retreat and then re-approach from another location. If, and only if, SASSY determined the area was totally safe for him to approach would he go and get his bounty. He wouldn't stand there either. He would rip them off the tree and run like the wind with his prize to a very safe location to consume them. Eating and mating are the most vulnerable times of living for most animals. Sassy would no doubt be aware that standing in one place and eating is a NO-NO. Most dominant carnivores make off with their kills or food to eat it. It makes much more sense to do so. Eating those ribs as he did in that video simply makes no sense.

If you know anyone that is an avid pig hunter talk to them and ask them to tell you about how a BIG, OLD, SMART pig behaves when coming into a feeder or a site that has been baited. They'll circle around, leave, approach from a totally different area and even leave and return much later. All this to make sure that everything is OK and it is safe to eat. PIGS are very smart animals, but they would be no where near what SASSY would be to have made it this long undisturbed and undiscovered. NO WAY would a SASSY just stand there licking the ribs....I don't care how good the BBQ sauce is.

I didn't buy the video before for the reasons many of you have mentioned. This is just one more reason for me to TOTALLY REJECT IT OUT OF HAND!

Have a good one and sorry for the LONG WINDED explanation.

Nalajr

Nalajr I totally agree with you. I wonder how many other researchers left food out to try and capture this elusive creature. I assure you this is not the first time it's been tried. The result of these trys? No capture. Having a Bigfoot show up in an area with tents and people in this pitucular situation is so far fetched that stand a better chance of a Bigfoot showing up at your front door and asking for a cup of sugar.

Usually when this animal is spotted it bolts out of the area at incredible speeds very skidish and elusive. Additionally, any animal that feels threatened will defend it's self. I really can't imagine pissing off a Bigfoot, I for one would not want to be a part of that.

Finally if it were eating ribs would we not see some form of chewing or at least a rib being held in the video?

Yes this video is bogus and the senario around it as well.

The vast majority of the reports I've read (visual encounter reports that included detailed physical descriptions) make note of a specific physical feature about these animals; they have no neck to speak of. Witnesses often describe broad brauny shoulders that transition to the head, without the appearance of a distinctly seperate, human-like neck. I've have read countless comments recounting that when these animals turn to look "over their shoulder", or behind them........that they seemed to pivot their entire torso as opposed to distinctly turning their heads. This has been commented upon frequently enough to hypothesize that their musculo-skeletal features may prevent them from pivoting their heads more than a certain degree beyond square with their shoulders.

Watch that video again. Notice how fluidly the subject distinctly rotates his neck around to look back. Beyond the fact that the head/face seemed oddly familiar to me, this was the first thing I noticed about the "ribs on a tree" video.

That whole kickoff post - like so much in this field - piles unwarranted assumption on unwarranted assumption.

1. Sasquatch have been seen more than once stealing trash and trashing campsites, going so far as to break down back doors to snag trash bags, an act occuring with so much other suggestive activity that an alternative culprit seems unlikely;

2. Sasquatch have been reported on numerous occasions to steal game from hunters;

3. Sasquatch are frequently seen in broad daylight by multiple witnesses (many reports including one of a sasquatch crossing a busy Interstate in VA, not to mention the Myakka report - if it's genuine - that's up elsewhere here);

...I could go on and on. It amounts to the ultimate, albeit to some counterintuitive, argument for the animal's authenticity, which is:

People see sasquatch in all of the same circumstances in which they see other animals; their reports sound like standard-issue wildlife encounters.

Which they probably are.

Except for one thing:

No one believes them.

But who doesn't love ribs? Sassy could love a rack of ribs too! Alternate explanation: it was really hot and Sassy got lazy or was heat stroked or was ill in some way. Or it was the dumbest Sassy ever. Or it didn't happen... Take your pick

I think Nalajr has some good points about what a Sassy would do in broad daylight, but late at night, I think they are generally bolder or let their gaurd down a little in favor of gaining a tastey prize.

The BF was somewhat used to people being around and also landlocked. So this is not normal circumstances and not normal Squatch behavior.

this is not normal circumstances and not normal Squatch behavior.

What's abnormal? Can you describe what normal SSq behavior is?

Guest VioletX

^And certainly not very smart behaviour in this case.... Interesting news Violet, read it on this other fb page!...

:sungum:

The BF was somewhat used to people being around and also landlocked. So this is not normal circumstances and not normal Squatch behavior.

Yes, and it may be a rare occurance that people would leave such succulent meat unguarded...too tempting perhaps. The ribs could have been this unfortunate creature's Achilles heel.

Edited by VioletX

Admin

Can't say what a Hungry Squatch will or will not do.