Squatch Themed Beers

Guest DantheMan

Guest DantheMan

I'm a homebrewer. Recently I've moved on from kit beers to creating my own craft beers and recipes. The beauty of that is I can name my creations whatever I want.

Today I brewed 10 gallons of a nut brown ale, I'm calling it "Squatch Nut Brown".

Has anyone had a squatch themed beer from a local micro brewery?

The closest one to me is:

http://bigmuddybrewing.com/2011/10/big-muddy-monster/

However, in Colorado, there is Great Divide Brewing Co. who have a whole series of Yeti beers:

http://greatdivide.com/beers/#all

And as mentioned above, Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine is pretty common, but they also have a barrel aged version with a pretty cool label:

http://beerpulse.com/2012/12/sierra-nevada-barrel-aged-bigfoot-barleywine-slated-for-late-january/

There are more out there, but these are the ones I've tried (except the barrel aged Serra Nevada, couldn't get my hands on one).

its not squatch themed but if anyone ever wanted to check out bossburg?

www.northernales.com

I think all the squatchnames in NA culture may be one of the strongest pieces of evidence for sasquatch. Might not and shouldn't satisfy a scientist. But as Alley says: legends don't jump cultures very well. This one is broad-jumping all over the place.

I think all the squatchnames in NA culture may be one of the strongest pieces of evidence for sasquatch. Might not and shouldn't satisfy a scientist. But as Alley says: legends don't jump cultures very well. This one is broad-jumping all over the place.

what does that have to do with beer...man!?

Guest MoMoMafia

I'm a homebrewer. Recently I've moved on from kit beers to creating my own craft beers and recipes. The beauty of that is I can name my creations whatever I want.

Today I brewed 10 gallons of a nut brown ale, I'm calling it "Squatch Nut Brown".

Has anyone had a squatch themed beer from a local micro brewery?

Hey, Dan. I too am a home brewer, just got grain and hops for two batches (12 gal) of ordinary bitter. After 3 weeks of bottle conditioning I just put part of a batch of pale ale in the fridge so it can absorb the CO2.

The only bigfoot themed beer I've seen for sale was Sierra Nevada's Biggfoot Ale that NW 063 mentioned. I didn't like it either.

what does that have to do with beer...man!?

Um...squatch-themed beers...??? You, um, tell me.

All I have to do with beer, generally, is drink it. Prosit.

That Sasquatch Brewery Moby **** Double IPA would need a bit of respect at over 10% ABV!! How big a deal is craft/micro brewing in the states?

After reading this thread I've just ordered a home brew kit. Been going to do it for a while now but going to take the plunge.

Craft/micro is a huge deal in the States. There may be more small brewers now than there were at the very height of American small brewing - shortly before such as Anheuser-Busch took sole responsibility for downgrading American beer quality in favor of mass marketeering.

Microbrews are BIG here in Oregon. HUGE.

Here - I can connect beer to sasquatch ....

Don't drink and 'squatch! :)

Edited by madison5716

Guest DantheMan

After reading this thread I've just ordered a home brew kit. Been going to do it for a while now but going to take the plunge.

Let me be the first to say "welcome to the club"!!

Madison, I would say there's no better way to squatch, then to have a cold one while doing it!

I don't believe I have ever read a report that went anything like "we spilled our brews all over the dash when this thing crossed the road."

BEER IS NOT A HALLUCINOGEN! so that ain't it; it's just that seeing a sasquatch while quaffing a cold one has to be at least as good as seeing the winning TD for your team while doing same.