Bigfoot Research--Still No Evidence (Continued)

Guest Admin

These have been reported as long if not longer than bigfoot and perhaps even wider distribution worldwide...well documented in art and history.

Anybody believe there are any if these in your backyard?

http://www.livescience.com/25559-dragons.html

there is always a kernal of truth with these things. in this case if you were a bronze age man digging up dinosaur bones? what would u call them?

cyclops equals a mammoth skull so on and so forth......

not sure how this equates to something people report walking around but as ive said earlier the hobbit was a myth until it wasnt. are they still walking around? who knows but bones dated 15k years ago blew conventional wisdom out of the water for H Erectus

Guest Tontar

Nothing is or will ever be myth now and real later. If it's real, it's real now...

Which is why all those researchers wishing for some breakthrough will never see such a thing. Why the now deceased researchers that hoped for the real thing to surface before they died will eventually be joined by every other researcher hoping for the same sort of vindication. No researcher will ever be rewarded with the confirmation of the bigfoot "species". Because it is myth now, because it was myth then, it will always be myth, and never be confirmed as real or authentic. Unfortunately, that's my prediction. All of us will go to our graves never seeing a real bigfoot, because they are myths and will always be just that, nothing more real than that.

Sunflower, glad you believe. But like Cervelo says, where's the proof? Where's the evidence? Where's the body, the hair, the picture of it, the remains, something, ANYTHING tangible. I won't mock or ridicule your sighting, if you had one, but I've come to the point where someone's sighting carries very little more weight than a puff of smoke to me. Glad you had an experience, but that's not anywhere near enough to convince me or anyone else truly interested in facts. If you don't have something that can be tested, put in a hand, something, then it's still just another story around the campfire.

So I peg the probality at somewhere North of 50% Tontar. Sounds like you are at 0%. So, if correct, what is there for you to prove or even to get exercised about? Seems like a pretty simple and straightforward case for you, yes?

Guest Tontar

^^^^Another book. You could just read up to see you're wrong (on the average size too. More like 7 to 71/2. Eight-footers are getting into huge territory).

Yeah, yeah, just like the guys who argue about the details of the engine room layout of the original Enterprise in Star Trek. No, the flux capacitor swirled the warp core plasma in a clockwise direction. No! It could only swirl it in a counter clockwise direction, because if it went clockwise, it would phase shift into anti-plasma. Like duh!

We're really going to debate the physical characteristics of something that doesn't really exist? Really? No, really?!

Guest Cervelo

A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste...so get up off the couch/recliner and check out some dense woods, spend the night or weekend, camp out, whatever floats your boat. Do it several times, act like a camper not a hunter, you might get a big surprise?????

Been doing it almost all my life nothing yet ;)

Still trying!

A bunch of people wasting their time? So why all the emotion over time spent by others in an unproductive way?

^^^^Another book. You could just read up to see you're wrong (on the average size too. More like 7 to 71/2. Eight-footers are getting into huge territory).

Yeah, yeah, just like the guys who argue about the details of the engine room layout of the original Enterprise in Star Trek. No, the flux capacitor swirled the warp core plasma in a clockwise direction. No! It could only swirl it in a counter clockwise direction, because if it went clockwise, it would phase shift into anti-plasma. Like duh!

We're really going to debate the physical characteristics of something that doesn't really exist? Really? No, really?!

No, no debate. I'm educating. What we will do is muse how Tontar is So Sure. (Another short post. Prepare for Book, Mr. Sulu...!!!)

WSA - I agree with you that the BFRO database is a valuable resource but I disagree that it is enough to base belief on. I also agree that ego is a big part of what goes on in this community. But ego is only taken out of the equation when one takes it wholly out of the equation but realizing that there is no way to verify or rely on anonymous sighting reports. The most serious student of the database can't point out which sightings are true unless their ego tells them they are capable of it?

Who's basing belief on anything? I want to know what's causing the evidence. And no one here can compete with what Meldrum, NAWAC and the rest of the scientific proponents are doing confronting the evidence. So, my bet's on them, because they are the only ones making a bettable proposition.

Guest Tontar

So I peg the probality at somewhere North of 50% Tontar. Sounds like you are at 0%. So, if correct, what is there for you to prove or even to get exercised about? Seems like a pretty simple and straightforward case for you, yes?

Like I said, I have always liked bigfoot. It's been a fun idea, and a fascinating possibility to consider. I thought they did exist, a long time ago. Coming to the BFF convinced me that they don't. Yeah, I'm at 0% right about now. Finally hit bottom with it. I have been scarce here because it's too frustrating to debate aspects that are as slippery as a watermelon seed to pin down.

The whole discussion as to whether they exist or not, to me, is a pretty dead subject anymore. The forums here have kind of dried up a bit it seems. The whole PGF thing seems fairly lifeless, it's been beaten to death many times over. The big wait and see events have now come and gone. The only thing that I can think of that would be on the horizon now is the Sykes study, and where is that? Mysteriously faded away too? Thought it was supposed to be out before end of 2012. Nope. I just don't see anything on the horizon that can keep bigfoot afloat much longer. Stories are all there is, not much more to feed the subject. Even the stories are getting pretty weak these days.

So I think bigfoot is headed back to the more whimsical side of the pendulum swing. Down to the Bigfoot Java espresso stand for a mocha, pop in Harry and the Hendersons every once in a while. Decent movie, kind of fun. Way better than the last great bigfoot movie I saw, where bigfoot was some spiritual protector of humans, while the real boogieman at the end turns out to be a minotaur! What was that, Lost Coast Tapes? Wasted anticipation on that one. At least Harry stays in this dimension!

So you think there's better than a 50/50 chance of bigfoot existing, eh? Why so? Where do you live? You go out searching much? Find anything? What do you think they eat? What do you think they eat in the winter when the ground is covered with many feet of snow? Where do you think they sleep? Where do you think they go to die and decompose? Do you think they are so slick that they never screw up and have an accident? I find dead dear, coyotes, whatever, at the bases of cliffs. Oops, they slipped. Find them in streams and rivers, washed up in lakes. Everything living dies, and ends up being found sooner or later. Everything except bigfoot. Or maybe DB Cooper, but we all know he actually existed prior to disappearing.

What is so compelling as far as evidence? People's stories? Fake tracks? What else is there? There's nothing else to support the existence of bigfoot other than people's stories and faked footprints.

Guest Cervelo

These have been reported as long if not longer than bigfoot and perhaps even wider distribution worldwide...well documented in art and history.

Anybody believe there are any if these in your backyard?

http://www.livescience.com/25559-dragons.html

there is always a kernal of truth with these things. in this case if you were a bronze age man digging up dinosaur bones? what would u call them?

cyclops equals a mammoth skull so on and so forth......

not sure how this equates to something people report walking around but as ive said earlier the hobbit was a myth until it wasnt. are they still walking around? who knows but bones dated 15k years ago blew conventional wisdom out of the water for H Erectus

Apparently dragons were reported walking, flying and dying by people who truly believed what they saw and experienced....and it perveals to modern times....there are reports by US servicemen sightings in New Guniea as recently as WW2 but that doesn't make them proven to be real.

If I see Bigfoot or a dragon tomorrow it will be real enough for me but I don't expect anyone to accept that as proof.

Guest Tontar

No, no debate. I'm educating. What we will do is muse how Tontar is So Sure. (Another short post. Prepare for Book, Mr. Sulu...!!!)

Educating? Not really.

You can muse all you want, but your musing will not somehow materialize a bigfoot into reality. If you want to educate anyone on the existence of bigfoot, you're going to have to come up with something a bit more tangible than anyone has ever produced in the past 400 years of modern, European-style inhabitation on this continent. If nobody has been able to come up with a real biggie in that time, how you gonna do any teachin'? You can't educate anyone about bigfoot if they don't exist, and so far you can't even get within a whisper of that being the case.

Not so much of a problem for a discerning reader who wants to approach it in a deliberate way OhioBill. Way up in this tread somewhere is my handy-dandy guide to assessing the veracity of written narratives....honed over decades by me examining people under oath and testing their testimony with experience and other evidence. Surprise too... I learned a lot of it by reading/talking about the experiences of others before me.

No different thing here, but it is hard and requires lots of time and attention to what is there, or isn't there. We're not now (or trending that way fast) a society that embraces those kinds of tasks though. Way too much screen time at tender ages and the default setting of hyper-empiricism working its cynicism. We've had a very good run of culture through learning and sharing information in narrative form, but the very idea seems to be foreign to many younger folks and I wonder what this trend holds in store for us. This pose of not ever appearing too gullible is pretty corrosive to good learning skills and I think it is an ego driven posture. You can see it on any discussion board you want to name, the smugness and lack of humility when orthodoxy is challenged with legitimately debatable evidence. The exhiliration of pointing out what fools all the others are is an easy and gratifying stance, and I'm always wary of my own behavior in that sense. It is antithetical for getting at a greater knowledge or understanding. If you've got specific objections to particular sighting reports, we can certainly discuss those, and I'd try to give you my take on them. Got any you'd care to bat around?