Bf-Brown Bear Fight Story

Siberia or Eastern Russia which ever you prefer is a giant playground for someone like my self. I would like to hunt and fish there someday when I become rich.......:)

• Upvote 1

What I find interesting is how the Russian guides said they winter in nasty canyons. Exactly what some Alaska natives told us and what a experienced trapper told me here in Alberta. Kamchatka is also on my bucket list.

Oh, I do believe that many places have the capacity for an undiscovered Hominid. I just dont think it's a global phenomenon. I think Sasquatch and the Orang-Pendek are the most likely candidates.

don't buy it.....simple fact....trophy hunters always have a camera...this was 2006...they would have taken pictures of something this strange....so where are the pics with the confounding injuries to the Brown bear?

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Oh, I do believe that many places have the capacity for an undiscovered Hominid. I just dont think it's a global phenomenon. I think Sasquatch and the Orang-Pendek are the most likely candidates.

I don't think you can get much further apart on the planet than North America and SE Asia so that would make it a global phenomenon me thinks..;)

I don't know, I spent time in SE Asia but it never really interested me to be honest.

Kamatchka and the other peninsulas in that part of Russia up to Alaska would, in my opinion, 100% be a viable habitat for probably what would be the same thing as a Sasquatch, not a Yeti or any other thing, but a Sasquatch, and I base that on the geography of it and other native Animals to it and the habitat there it has.

It's the PNW, Part 2

Admin

Not so far fetched. I could see something like this happening. I bet that was one heck of a fight, physically as well as verbally.

One ting I find odd is they wonder if the bears wounds were inflicted by a tiger, Siberian tigers don't live on the Kamchatka peninsula, you would think experienced Kamchatka hunting guides would know this

SSR Team

I thought that too bigt actually, that threw me a little.

But on further investigation...............

Absolutely tragic what people are doing to this planet, it really is.

http://www1.american.edu/ted/tiger.htm

Almost all the Siberian tigers (250-400) live

in the Southeast corner of Russia (especially on the Kamchatka

peninsula) and are severely threatened by poaching (see SIBERIA and

TAIGA cases).

I don't think you can get much further apart on the planet than North America and SE Asia so that would make it a global phenomenon me thinks.. ;)

Well, I dont think they're everywhere in-between. :P

SSR Team

I'm with you on that FT..;)

I thought that too bigt actually, that threw me a little.

But on further investigation...............

Absolutely tragic what people are doing to this planet, it really is.

http://www1.american.edu/ted/tiger.htm

Almost all the Siberian tigers (250-400) live

in the Southeast corner of Russia (especially on the Kamchatka

peninsula) and are severely threatened by poaching (see SIBERIA and

TAIGA cases).

Huh, I always thought Siberian tigers were restricted to the Bikin valley and Ussuri land nowadays, never thought they'd make it on Kamchatka. I'm still skeptical. Still though here is an inter sting thought, if BF is living in tiger inhabited territory, what do you suppose there relationship is with them, since Siberian tigers have been known on occasion to kill adult brown bear (though from all the cases I've read these bears are Ussuri brown bears, smaller than Kamchatka brownies)

SSR Team

Well we know that there are a minimal amount of Tigers in Kamatchka, and we know that in the PNW the Cougar ( although bigger yes, but a Big Cat nevertheless ) population would be the Tiger Population of Kamatchka x 10 in Washington State alone so like many top Predators, i'd guess they tried their best to stay away from each other, like they do with us.

• 1 year later...

A researcher reported seeing a Sasquatch winding up a bear’s neck apparently like a rubber band until it snapped at the third vertebrae and despite having Bigfoot hair in its mouth, skeptics discounted the bear kill as having been caused by a wild mule. Hmmmm....  a wild mule, not a bill collector, a drunk or meth addict, a skunk or snake, a mule. Although he made distinction between whether it was a black or brown bear but the idea was incredibly sobering.  The researcher, a former professional tracker, Alaskan game warden, hunter, Ivan Marx of Burney, California produced a video titled, “The Legends of Bigfoot,†documenting a decade of his 24 year research premiered in 1975.

Source: News article speaking about Ivan Marx, The Journal of the Arts, Thursday, October 30, 1975, pC-1

Just how familiar are you with Ivan Marx? I wouldn't consider him a reliable source at all.

Edited by Bonehead74

@Gumshoeye

Do you have any details as to this sighting. I've read a fair amount of reports and sightings but never one where the BF snapped the neck of a bear in such a manner. Which, I may add, is an incredible feet of strength.

When I was younger, we hit a deer with our car, on our way to our hunting lease. The doe was severely wounded and slowly bleeding out, with a broken back. I didn't want to shoot her since we were on the side of a farm road, and I didn't want to attract any wardens. Instead, I thought it would be a good idea to try and break her neck. Granted, a deer's neck is extremely flexible but it took a huge effort to finally break it. It was a stupid thing to do as deer can pack quite a kick and a bite, if you're not careful.

I don't think a bear's neck is as flexible as a deer's neck but it would take almost superhuman strength to break it. I'm sure a large male BF could manage it with a smaller bear but I don't see this happening with a full grown, adult male brown bear.

I've read reports of 9 foot male BF but, even at that size, they are dwarfed by the mass of a large brown bear. A brown bear is also much better armed with huge canines and claws. There's no animal in North America that can stand up to one, "mano a mano."

I've heard a lot of people comment, that no video evidence or photograph will ever be enough to prove the existence of Bigfoot. However, a video of a Bigfoot and a bear going at it, I think, would be more than enough proof.....