Is Habituation A Safety Hazard?

Guest AJJA

The following story was in The Denver Post on October 7, 1999 (http://extras.denverpost.com/news/news1007.htm)

Tracks stir debate in hunt for boy

By Coleman Cornelius
Denver Post Northern Colorado Bureau

Oct. 7 - POUDRE CANYON - Searchers are pursuing a new theory that a missing 3-year-old Littleton boy might have been attacked by a mountain lion in rugged Poudre Canyon.

But there is conflicting opinion about the source of tracks first thought to be those of Jaryd Atadero, said Deputy Cindy Gordon of the Larimer County Sheriff's Office.

Officials on Wednesday said searchers found mountain lion tracks near what appeared to be footprints and handprints left by the child.

But Colorado Division of Wildlife officials inspected the prints Wednesday evening and determined they might instead be those of a bear instead of a child. If that is true, the attack theory would be disproved

AJJA, I've been reading excerpts from the book.  It looks like the search could have gone much better, and things may have turned out differently.  I'm terribly sorry for your families loss.

Guest AJJA

Apehuman,

Jaryd's family is still searching for the truth and we are not sure what happened because there are too many theories with little evidence.

Elaine,

Thank you, the book tells the ture story concerning the search for Jaryd.

Yes, terribly sad..  thanks for coming in here and making it real.  I  hope an explanation is forthcoming eventually, especially if it will help ease your minds and hearts, even a little.

Edited by apehuman

Guest BastetsCat

Wow AJJA, I am so sorry. Be blessed. On that note I can't add anything else now. Being a Colorado Native I think I remember that.