Is Habituation A Safety Hazard?

The discussion in this thread gets to the core of difficulties between humans and BF.  Our hearts rightly go out to AJJA and has family.  The acceptable number of children lost is zero. 

People in positions of authority who are aware of any danger, particularly any danger to our children, have a profound obligation to do the right thing for children yet unborn!

In my experience BF are quite intelligent, so much so that most people underestimate them.  Their intelligence, stealth, strength and speed make them very capable predators.  When I left the military and joined my family here, I learned that they were regularly visiting our land.  My family had lived here for two years without any incident.  I recently learned from my Mother, that my deceased Father, had seen one when I was very young.  She also said, that despite the fact that she did not believe him, he went out three nights in a row with a gun looking for it.  This revelation only occurred because I spoke to her about BF here. 

BF are intelligent enough to recognize boundaries and respond to the way we treat them.  Since they are closer to us in intelligence than anything else on the planet, we should recognize the possibility (or likelihood) that their behavior varies by individual and/or group.  I think the different ways NA stories talk about BF supports this theory.  Caution should be exercised, particularly if you have small children.  The vast majority of time they take no action against us.