Scientific 'proof' ? (For Total Skeptics)

Oh yeah.

There is not a hoax in history that is even a hoax compared to P/G.  Nothing any human has ever done to deceive any other human even rates.  P/G is king by so much that the only fight is for second place.

That's why it isn't.

"That's why it isn't."

Opinion stated as fact DWA...tsk tsk

Edited by dmaker

I don't have much to say about the PGF. I am usually quite silent on the topic. When I look at it, it looks like a person in a costume. That's just my gut reaction to it. That is how my brain forms my perception of it. I know you will dismiss that perception and that is fine. There others like Mulder or Sweaty who will think me crazy or deluded for perceiving that as a person in a costume. I don't need to look at pictures with red crayons and yellow circles to inform me. I look at it and I think, fake. Sorry. That is just what I see.

See, that is the problem with human perception. It does not always reflect reality or is mutually agreed upon or shared. So while I look at that and think fake, others here very strongly differ with me and think me a lunatic for thinking that. Just like when someone sees a black bear, or a shadow and says BF, others might see a black bear or a shadow. Which one is wrong? How do you say one perception is right and one is wrong? When one consistently points to a known animal, and the other consistently keeps coming up empty then I am going to go with the known animal.

Edited by dmaker

I would say the War of the Worlds hoax may outrank the PGF, guys.

Nope.  Doesn't even begin to come close to pretending to maybe some day be in the same league.

When did that one get exposed?

When has this one....?

Furthermore, WoW was a person imitating something people do, i.e., make news broadcasts.  It was easy to think that something like that was happening if one were not there.

P/G is creating something that has 'fooled' trained scientists into thinking it's an animal, something people cannot create (no, cloning is not "creating" an animal).  No one has ever come up with a plausible beginning of a hoax scenario; people highly trained in every relevant discipline vouch for its authenticity; the knowledge and technology to debunk it or duplicate it have existed since before it was shot.  No reasonable beginning of a hint as to the identity and means of the hoaxer have been put forward, and it's going on 46 years.  WoW wasn't in doubt that many hours.

No comparison remotely possible.

Edited by DWA

I would say the War of the Worlds hoax may outrank the PGF, guys.

Good one! Forgot about that one. That had people panicking in the streets.

Guest SoFla

It's real, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not prove it, I did, no you didn't, yes I did, you did not, I just SAID you didn't but YOU said I did when I didn't say I did, if you say I did when I didn't then I'm gonna report you POOPY HEAD!

WOTW? Well..the first one I mentioned above, but...it fits in a very narrow niche of media hoaxes, like the Italian spaghetti harvest, April Fools front page stories, etc. Not to discount the genuis of it, but still not in the class of a PGF hoax. Don't forget either: It wasn't conceived entirely as a hoax, and the information was there to tell you it wasn't the truth, or if you had read the novel...

It's real, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not prove it, I did, no you didn't, yes I did, you did not, I just SAID you didn't but YOU said I did when I didn't say I did, if you say I did when I didn't then I'm gonna report you POOPY HEAD!

I agree, but then you still haven't addressed the dermal ridge vs. casting artificact controversy, nor the great ape hypothesis, nor the timing of the alleged Giganto migration.  Sloppy, that.

Guest SoFla

I agree, but then you still haven't addressed the dermal ridge vs. casting artificact controversy, nor the great ape hypothesis, nor the timing of the alleged Giganto migration.  Sloppy, that.

I did to, what do mean I didn't? I Did too!!

But is the PGF film really a hoax if most, if not all, of the American public already believes it is a fake?

In other words, ask Joe Blow, who has only a faint interest in bigfoot, and he will say, that film was fake, right?

so has the hoax really fooled anyone in this case?

Edited by namtrag

Then there's pickles.  Don't account for pickles, we can't take you seriously.

And Cap'n Crunch.  Pancakes, that too.

Sorry.

Guest SoFla

Then there's pickles.  Don't account for pickles, we can't take you seriously.

And Cap'n Crunch.  Pancakes, that too.

Sorry.

Uh excuse me.....peanutbutter