Bobbie Short Memorial

Dang. Sad. I always enjoyed her interviews and I think her website might have been the first I found and regularly perused back before I joined the BFF.

She seemed very committed and contributed much to the discussion.

Rest in peace Ms. Short.

Wow, this is sad news. I'm so sorry to hear this, and my condolences to her family and friends.

SSR Team

RIP Bobbie.

Her website was the first one ( i think ) that i stumbled on that was Sasquatch related and played a big part in me putting 2 + 2 together to work out what i actually saw all those years ago.

Admin

This is very sad news. I share the sentiments expressed here about her contributions to the community. Condolences going out to her family, We will keep them in our thoughts.

So sorry about the loss of Bobbi Short.  She was always dedicated and her website just an encyclopedia of information.  RIP Ms Short!

I'm sorry to hear of her passing, may she rest in peace.  I didn't know Bobbie but, I've read good things about her here and bigfootencouters.com has been very informative and very interesting.  Blessings to her friends and family.    

If you never had a chance to talk to Bobbie or correspond - here is Bobbie in her own words -  http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/2006/08/women-in-bigfoot-research-bobbie-short.html

While I did not agree with her on some things - I respected her so much - for her insight and knowledge and the time she took to help other researchers to include new ones like myself. She stuck to the topic of Bigfoot and did not get mired down in the drama that often plagues this community. She had her own thoughts, and beliefs - and she stuck by her opinions whether people liked it or not. She was a strong woman, and a great researcher. 

I will miss her voice. 

Guest grandcherokee
You know. When I first started a website ( and then- research group ) about 10 years ago, if your website of research group were not linked to Bobbie's site, then you weren't worth the time it took to find you. Bobbie was a wealth of information for years. She provided great service with her site. 

Although as the years passed and her and I no longer shared a common philosophy on the subject. contact with her became less frequent.

Condolences to her family. And good to know that her site will continue. R.I.P Bobbie

Although I never met Bobbie in person, we have talked many times over the years.  Agreed some and disagreed some.  She was always a woman who spoke her mind. She will be missed.

The existence of Bobbie's site - and its usefulness to all involved in unraveling sasquatch - is a beacon, I hope, for the future of the field.

No matter what one's thinking about what sasquatch is, nothing goes anywhere worth going until all are in agreement that sasquatch is real.

Maybe all can put the internecine barbs that have so far crippled the field aside, and focus on that first.

RIP, Bobbie.

Hers was one of the first sites I ran across when I first got into this around 1999 or so....the amount of info there is not matched anywhere else that I can find.....and I have always had it bookmarked and visited regularly......the updates will be truly missed as will Bobbie.....

my condolences to all her family and friends.....

bad news indeed....

I didn't know her personally either, but you could read for weeks on that website. surely dedication was required to handle that.

rest in peace ma'am , and  condolences to the family of course.