Bigfoot And Americana

norseman

Well, if you think you can track one, you haven't been keeping up on the info!

You are not going to be able track one (or more down) on foot, period. Well, one in a million? Add a zero?

If there are more than one, I hear they get very angry when you shoot a relative, and you risk "total" retaliation. Wounding one may get you into trouble also.

Even as you do not know if they are one or more, tracking to shoot is a bit romantic (fancyful) more than dangerous. Because you can't track something that is completley adapted to the forest and human level intelligence. On horse, you may have a chance, on foot, its not even dangerous. Its fancyful. Unless you catch one on shrooms passed out or something.

And another thought, not that it matters, but (from reports) BF are experts at throwing large stones. Are you an expert at dodging them? What happens if you don't make it out at night? Will night vision help you avoid a 10 or 20lb rock? What happens to you if you are hit with just one 10 or 20 lb rock, thrown from 200 feet away? How about a 5 lb rock? What is the force of a 5 lber thrown from 200 feet? Just wondering? About 10x worse than a .45 calibur pistol I would imagine. Dropping in from say, 50 ft, 200 feet, 4 seconds. So, it would basicly take your head off? Or just make a nice flat spot? Now, how bout those little 10 lbers? Cut you in half? Or just massive blunt force trama? And your going to dodge those? Or are you going after just a 'lone, stoned, out of touch, sleeping BF'? And how are you going to "pack it out" if it weighs 800lbs?-Oh, call in the helicopter?

Finding a BF when tracking, 1 in 1,000,000. Finding one that is lone and stoned and asleep? 1 in 10,000,000?  Did I miss a zero?

Of course, you might have a tactical scheem we don't know about.

As for the general quesion, humans are killed every day for $5.00. Humans have a dark side few care to delve into. BF are accused of kidnapping humans also, sometimes possibly for food. BF are not 'innocent' forest people by any means. If they are related to humans, then they also have a dark side (Missing 411)

Bringing BF to science may not be such a great idea though.Although the 'iceman' already has been, didn't tear down the social structure. PG film didn't phase anyone either. A real BF may not really phase people.(till you go in the woods)Would it benefit anything? No

Would the media controllers permit it? They might not even cover it. This is not the 1960's when we had honor as a social construct. Blowing the doors open on BF is generally seen as a blow to BF, with no human benefits, except to save forest area, maybe.

Ever been screamed at by an angry BF? There is a special forces guy on blogtalk BF show that 'is not scared' of anything, and the few times he was when he was tracked out of a forest area by a BF. What also freaked him is that his 'sixth sense' did not work that night, they were very close to him, watching him, and he didn't get that 'feeling' of being watched. Same area he found lots of "left" camping gear, tents, sleeping bags, etc, just left. But that was just a Special-Forces guy trained to scout out enemy troops and stuff.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Political content removed

Well, if you think you can track one, you haven't been keeping up on the info!

You are not going to be able track one (or more down) on foot, period. Well, one in a million? Add a zero?

If there are more than one, I hear they get very angry when you shoot a relative, and you risk "total" retaliation. Wounding one may get you into trouble also.

Even as you do not know if they are one or more, tracking to shoot is a bit romantic (fancyful) more than dangerous. Because you can't track something that is completley adapted to the forest and human level intelligence. On horse, you may have a chance, on foot, its not even dangerous. Its fancyful. Unless you catch one on shrooms passed out or something.

Or I put a tracking team on the track..........they get a bearing on it's route of march and I being the human with combustion engines and mastery of radio waves place a blocking team in it's path miles ahead.

And yes........every where I go I hear about "Bigfoot Army".........(insert scary music here).

And another thought, not that it matters, but (from reports) BF are experts at throwing large stones. Are you an expert at dodging them?

Well if he stands up to throw a huge boulder? That would be great, because I shoot 500 grain stones traveling at 2000 feet per second........ I promise he will have to dodge before I will.

What happens if you don't make it out at night?

Who says I come out at night fall?

Will night vision help you avoid a 10 or 20lb rock? What happens to you if you are hit with just one 10 or 20 lb rock, thrown from 200 feet away? How about a 5 lb rock? What is the force of a 5 lber thrown from 200 feet? Just wondering? About 10x worse than a .45 calibur pistol I would imagine. Dropping in from say, 50 ft, 200 feet, 4 seconds. So, it would basicly take your head off? Or just make a nice flat spot? Now, how bout those little 10 lbers? Cut you in half? Or just massive blunt force trama? And your going to dodge those? Or are you going after just a 'lone, stoned, out of touch, sleeping BF'? And how are you going to "pack it out" if it weighs 800lbs?-Oh, call in the helicopter?

Finding a BF when tracking, 1 in 1,000,000. Finding one that is lone and stoned and asleep? 1 in 10,000,000?  Did I miss a zero?

OH! Now Bigfoot Army has employed coordinated artillery barrages? Cunning devils! In dense timber? How many large trees do you think are between me and him? A Squatch would be forced to sneak in within line of sight to throw a rock to hit anybody.......and as I've stated we throw rocks a tad bit harder than ole Squatch.

Of course, you might have a tactical scheem we don't know about.

Well yes.........it's all plotted in my secret bunker deep down under my mountain hide out. We even have a projector..........

Dr_Evil.jpg

As for the general quesion, humans are killed every day for $5.00. Humans have a dark side few care to delve into. BF are accused of kidnapping humans also, sometimes possibly for food. BF are not 'innocent' forest people by any means. If they are related to humans, then they also have a dark side (Missing 411)

I would expect a chipmunk to fight for it''s life..........that's not scary, it's nature.

Bringing BF to science may not be such a great idea though.Although the 'iceman' already has been, didn't tear down the social structure. PG film didn't phase anyone either. A real BF may not really phase people.(till you go in the woods)Would it benefit anything? No

So.........like it being classified as a species isn't going to help it in any way? Not it's habitat...........nothing?

Would the media controllers permit it? They might not even cover it. This is not the 1960's when we had honor as a social construct. Blowing the doors open on BF is generally seen as a blow to BF, with no human benefits, except to save forest area, maybe.

Maybe? Awww yes..........the MIB conspiracy.

Ever been screamed at by an angry BF? There is a special forces guy on blogtalk BF show that 'is not scared' of anything, and the few times he was when he was tracked out of a forest area by a BF. What also freaked him is that his 'sixth sense' did not work that night, they were very close to him, watching him, and he didn't get that 'feeling' of being watched. Same area he found lots of "left" camping gear, tents, sleeping bags, etc, just left. But that was just a Special-Forces guy trained to scout out enemy troops and stuff.

Do you have a copy of his DD214?

Edited by norseman

BFF Patron

The person of whom he speaks is Leigh Culver, I can tell based on the details of the story.  Enigma Research Group out of Georgia.  

Hello All,

Got home today and a package had been delivered. It was the replacement for my Ivan T Sanderson book that went missing 47 years ago! The book is an original 1961 first edition, first printing just like my first one. It's in unbelievable shape and I thrilled to have it back in my little mitts.

Guest Grifter9931

I have my DD214, but I have never experienced anything BF related...

I am a water person and I have never seen one out there either.... 

But I think I have been in the wrong locale for BF.

Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice, Ricon, Mavericks, Black etc aren't exactly BF hot spots..... 

From what I have read. They seem to be very protective of their kind. Would they be vengeful and launch a full on assault on a person/group is unknown. And if so, and the rumors are true in terms of Strength, Speed, Agility, Brute force.... Then I don't care how well armed you are you are in their playground, playing by their rules. Being able to grab and break/kill anything in one pass is an useful skill. Especially when the group/person will be back pedaling the entire way. 

Also if they are stealthy as reported and as crafty as reported. You are essentially dealing with a forest ninja, who can see in the dark better than we can. With the ability to run 45-50mph, leap 30 meters per jump. And kill grizzlies/moose when in doubt bare handed. Formidable of course, down right scary in the right situation. And if it starts to rain or fog rolls in, your group is boned. 

Now that is me thinking for BF. Chances are he/she isn't that constructive in their thinking, about revenge and killing everyone associated with the culling of one of their own. And hasn't had the time to pick up a copy of "Art of War" and digest its finer points on modern warfare.

BF could be a killing machine when push comes to shove and thats a scary thought.

As humans, when we are pushed to our limits we generally go back to what is instinctual in our nature. Wether it be fight or flight... I feel they would be the same. I could be wrong, but that's hoping on my part

Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice, Ricon, Mavericks, Black etc aren't exactly BF hot spots..... 

From what I have read. They seem to be very protective of their kind. Would they be vengeful and launch a full on assault on a person/group is unknown. And if so, and the rumors are true in terms of Strength, Speed, Agility, Brute force.... Then I don't care how well armed you are you are in their playground, playing by their rules. Being able to grab and break/kill anything in one pass is an useful skill. Especially when the group/person will be back pedaling the entire way. 

Also if they are stealthy as reported and as crafty as reported. You are essentially dealing with a forest ninja, who can see in the dark better than we can. With the ability to run 45-50mph, leap 30 meters per jump. And kill grizzlies/moose when in doubt bare handed. Formidable of course, down right scary in the right situation. And if it starts to rain or fog rolls in, your group is boned. 

Now that is me thinking for BF. Chances are he/she isn't that constructive in their thinking, about revenge and killing everyone associated with the culling of one of their own. And hasn't had the time to pick up a copy of "Art of War" and digest its finer points on modern warfare.

BF could be a killing machine when push comes to shove and thats a scary thought.

As humans, when we are pushed to our limits we generally go back to what is instinctual in our nature. Wether it be fight or flight... I feel they would be the same. I could be wrong, but that's hoping on my part

Well said! The condundrum, Norsman, is, that if you actually believe in BF, then why don't you know about the 'paramaters' of what you are dealing with? If your 'actually' going to hunt for one, I believe you would want all the information you can get on these big guys.

Edited by AaronD
to remove political mention

Well said! The condundrum, Norsman, is, that if you actually believe in BF, then why don't you know about the 'paramaters' of what you are dealing with? If your 'actually' going to hunt for one, I believe you would want all the information you can get on these big guys.

Because those parameters are so far in opposite directions that one has to simply start ripping and tearing at the picture until it resembles reality.

The thing cannot be two things at once......if it's as aggressive and violent as you say it is? Then being a Park Ranger would have a shorter life span than being a Navy SEAL. If I shoot one in one of my outings? Should I expect a dangerous game type of scenario? Yes. But should I expect a Spartan shield wall marching at me with rocks falling down like rain? Probably...........not.

But at the same time we are to believe that it's some sort of forest Hippie.....that hides from humans and picks flowers and eats berries.........at one with nature because it chooses to. And is as peaceful as a fresh lamb.

So which is it? Spartan or Hippie? I expect the truth is much more in between.

I

Edited by norseman

^^No offense norse... but that Squatch is gonna pop your head off like a feeble pezz dispenser in the hands of a child. I'll be prayin' for ya bro.

Can I say that without breaking any rules :)

BFF Patron

Because those parameters are so far in opposite directions that one has to simply start ripping and tearing at the picture until it resembles reality.

The thing cannot be two things at once......if it's as aggressive and violent as you say it is? Then being a Park Ranger would have a shorter life span than being a Navy SEAL. If I shoot one in one of my outings? Should I expect a dangerous game type of scenario? Yes. But should I expect a Spartan shield wall marching at me with rocks falling down like rain? Probably...........not.

But at the same time we are to believe that it's some sort of forest Hippie.....that hides from humans and picks flowers and eats berries.........at one with nature because it chooses to. And is as peaceful as a fresh lamb.

So which is it? Spartan or Hippie? I expect the truth is much more in between.

I

Think back to Bob "Action" Jackson's sighting in Yellowstone.   When the foot broke cover chasing the deer and saw Bob and his horse......  what did it do?  Break Bob in half, attack his horse?  Heck no, option B,......escape and evade like the downed fighter pilot zigzagging from tree to tree on the downhill slope.  Now some may say that manner of escape and evasion shows instinct.......   I say it shows superior intelligence.   Take your pick......  Either way it lives to fight another day. 

Edited by bipedalist

And people are not stupid. Some realize that sasquatch is simply a Moneymaker for many people, lol, and thus they automatically assume the position that sasquatch is a myth. But I also bet that many of these people do not realize both the long history of sasquatch in Native culture, and the sheer amount of evidence that is available today.

And I firmly believe that those who utilize and abuse the idea of sasquatch simply to make money are doing nothing but hurting the community as a whole, and ultimately hurting the sasquatch as well. This is because the more people disbelieve in the existence of these animals, the less likelihood that someone is going to go out there and gather evidence that proves the legitimacy of these animals. And I believe that discovery would be the best thing for the sasquatch. Humans have already had some affect on their population, changing their way of life to some degree, and although sasquatch can continue to live virtually the same way for who knows how much longer, eventually that is going to come to a stop. Eventually their way and quality of life is going to decrease, due simply to the fact that they are not recognized as being in the forest, thus their habitat will be destroyed as we move further and further into it.

We see the government setting up preserves for all types of wildlife, which must mean that it is a good thing for the wildlife, and a necessary thing, otherwise it would not have needed to be done. Therefore not allocating space for such a LARGE animal, with such a broad range, it stands to reason that this lack of protection from man is going to hurt them in the long run. And the long run may be 10 years from now, or 100; it is difficult to say since we know so little about them at this point.

As for the people who still do not believe in sasquatch, but who are familiar with all of the evidence available, I don't know what to say. Something I would like to ask those people is this: if you were told of a sasquatch encounter by the person you trust the most in your life, would you believe them? See I have a feeling that those who do not believe the thousands of reports that have been accumulated over the years may not have a problem with sasquatch exclusively, but rather they have a trust issue in general. I would bet that most of these people still would not believe even if told by a trustworthy person, whom they knew to be trustworthy, that sasquatch exists.

Protection is important absolutely........but you conveniently side stepped the main thrust of my posting. 

What is the reasoning behind the anti kill mindset? If discovery and protection is as important as you say it is (and I agree). Then why wring your hands and sulk and cry out over the death of one animal in order to save a species?

I have proposed that there are two reasons, one is that some people are animal rights types. The other is the "Don't hurt our Nessie!" mindset.

You?

What do you think would be a workable plan to "save the species" after someone kills a specimen and it is examined and classified by science? I, and a lot of other folks who have an interest in them, would like to know the basis for the belief held by many that the "species" needs "saving" by humans.

What he said was: "Then why wring your hands and sulk and cry out over the death of one animal in order to save a species?" 

They've done a pretty good job of saving themselves "from humans". Their "world" is in a LOT better shape than the "world" of humans. There is no real need to kill one to know that they are our nearest kin; a good look at one or two is all anyone needs to know that. Having them OPENLY classified by science is not going to do anything to "save" them. Probably the worst thing - from our and their standpoints - that could happen is for science and the government to ACTUALLY acknowledge their existence.

What he said was: "Then why wring your hands and sulk and cry out over the death of one animal in order to save a species?" 

They've done a pretty good job of saving themselves "from humans". Their "world" is in a LOT better shape than the "world" of humans. There is no real need to kill one to know that they are our nearest kin; a good look at one or two is all anyone needs to know that. Having them OPENLY classified by science is not going to do anything to "save" them. Probably the worst thing - from our and their standpoints - that could happen is for science and the government to ACTUALLY acknowledge their existence.

And you know this how?

They are my opinions based on observations, knowledge of the subject and common sense. And yours? Would especially like to know your specific ideas about "saving" them after killing one.