Ethics Of Collecting A Voucher Specimen

Guest wudewasa

No I didn't , sure at some point a hominins ancestor was a hominid. 

Check this out from your link.

Laetoli is a site in Tanzania, dated to the Plio-Pleistocene and famous for its hominin footprints,

Then clicked on hominin and got.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominin

Hominini is the tribe of Homininae that comprises Homo, and other members of the human clade after the split from the tribe Panini (chimpanzees).[1][2] Members of the tribe are calledhominins (cf Hominidae, "hominids"). The subtribe Hominina is the "human" branch, including genus Homo.

So the Laetoli tracks are still Human or pre-human. The term Hominid refers to the family Hominidae which includes all great apes, though their tracks are markedly different from homo and it's more direct ancestors.

This is why the tracks from Australia are human tracks and not potentially some other hominid.  So if I follow science, I see human in bigfoot tracks. Thats logical right?

• Upvote 1

Guest LarryP

Then you throw in people who are hunting a bipedal Hominid into the mix, and you've really got a recipe for disaster.

It certainly should give any hunter who loads up on camo or uses a ghillie suit pause to reflect on their mortality.

I hunt, probably will as long as I'm physically able, however, I certainly do my best to find places as far from where others will be as I can.  I focus on deep, brushy canyons nobody in their right mind (which disqualifies me, right? :)) would go.  Tradeoffs.  I think I'm still safer in the woods than on the highway getting there.

MIB

Roger that MIB.

But after the 3rd time I had bullets fying through the branches a couple of feet over my head from some lazy Clown sitting in a tree staind drinking brown liquor and then once having to return fire in the Clowns direction to get his attention that he was firing in my direction, I decided to stick to fishing.

Then you throw in "amateur researchers" wanting to collect a bi-pedal Hominid specimen......no thanks.

Norseman, your chances are zero.

That's because they know your intentions before you even leave the house.

Forget about your chances once you're in their space.

Edited by LarryP

^^^^

the point you missed was pertaining to the second half of your post. If your adament against shooting one? why wouldnt you distance yourself from me? This is the point iam trying to make, the discovery will overshadow all else.

Back to austropethicenes........ bipedalism came first

before brain increase and their brain was about 400 cc which is chimp sized.

I have read about them being called a "upright walking ape".

In my opinion tool manufacture, fire and other inventions and brain use is what makes us human.

Guest LarryP

^^^^

the point you missed was pertaining to the second half of your post. If your adament against shooting one? why wouldnt you distance yourself from me? This is the point iam trying to make, the discovery will overshadow all else.

In my opinion tool manufacture, fire and other inventions and brain use is what makes us human.

I have literally known Dolphins, Cats and Dogs, that were far more intelligent than 90% of the humans I have ever had the misfortune of having to interact with.

Fire and inventions =  WOW!.... I learned how to use a tool.

Scenario:

Collect two voucher specimens.

Name one Voucher I

Name the other one Voucher II

Keep one and study it.

Kill one and study it.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

^^^^

I didn't miss that either. I would want to see one to finally judge what it was. If I saw a human then I'd have to turn you in. If I didn't then I might say you shot a bipedal ape that could still ultimately be classified in the genus homo but not sapiens. You might get a pardon from me on that one, but only if it didn't have a modern human mitochondria. Ketchum owns that. :biggrin:

^^^^

I have literally known Dolphins, Cats and Dogs, that were far more intelligent than 90% of the humans I have ever had the misfortune of having to interact with.

Fire and inventions = WOW!.... I learned how to use a tool.

And as a scientist you came to this hypothesis how? 90%........wow indeed!

^^^^

I didn't miss that either. I would want to see one to finally judge what it was. If I saw a human then I'd have to turn you in. If I didn't then I might say you shot a bipedal ape that could still ultimately be classified in the genus homo but not sapiens. You might get a pardon from me on that one, but only if it didn't have a modern human mitochondria. Ketchum owns that. :biggrin:

Its not going to have modern human dna...... in the words of Todd Discotell, 15000 years ago? Us was us.......,.,

• Upvote 1

Doplhins, Cats and Dogs score higher on standardized testing than a human?

Source please?

Speculatation isn't research isn't proof isn't bigfoot.

All you have to do is show a Bigfoot.

Guest LarryP

Doplhins, Cats and Dogs score higher on standardized testing than a human?

Source please?

I have literally known Dolphins, Cats and Dogs, that were far more intelligent than 90% of the humans I have ever had the misfortune of having to interact with.

Speculatation isn't research isn't proof isn't bigfoot.

Personal experience is all the proof that is needed.

There's no more speculation involved once that occurs.

Guest LarryP

I"m not a scientist and it's not a hypothesis. It is purely an observation based on personal experience.

Anyone who is out in the wilderness seeking to kill a BF in order to collect a specimen faces a host of logistical problems if they are successful.

Do you need me to spell this out for you?

I"m not a scientist and it's not a hypothesis. It is purely an observation based on personal experience.

Anyone who is out in the wilderness seeking to kill a BF in order to collect a specimen faces a host of logistical problems if they are successful.

I think so...... I dont really see a host of logisticsl problems. Edited by norseman

Guest LarryP

I"m not a scientist and it's not a hypothesis. It is purely an observation based on personal experience.

I think so...... I dont really see a host of logisticsl problems.

If you're alone in a remote wilderness, what are you going to do to collect the body?

If you're alone in a remote wilderness, what are you going to do to collect the body?

a single finger is adequate in proving the existence of sasquatch

Guest wudewasa

You haven't seen the power of Norseman's mule team!

Guest LarryP

a single finger is adequate in proving the existence of sasquatch

A single finger is not a body.