N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Actually, if the hikers wore little bells, it'd save them from both bears and wood apes. 

WRT visible light from i.r. illuminators, most lower end trail cams and many security systems use leds in the 850 nm range which emit a dim red glow even to human eyes. In order to avoid any visible glow, it is necessary to use illuminators with a minimum frequency of 950 nm, higher is better. 

Many of the game cams we used featured "invisible" IR, so it must have been in that lower range. The SS cameras were visible to human eyes as a low red glow. Though NV, the place was lit like Times Square. 

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 

Let's just follow Drew's logic there. Someone on the inside is tipping off the human hoaxers as to when the SS is active. Except the teams rotate on a regular basis. Our observations span multiple teams. Now we're to believe there are many conspirators. Also, please lets all remember, we shoot at these things when we see them through thermal scopes. So our clever hoaxers, as has been pointed out countless times already, are fine with getting shot at, but not fine with having their pictures taken. Perhaps their mole only tells them when the SS is on and not when our guys are pulling Overwatch. 

That's some prime critical thinking there. 

The fact remains that outside human involvement as a way to explain our experiences and observations is totally illogical. Anyone seriously espousing it as a theory should not be taken seriously. 

Edited by bipto

Guest Urkelbot

I think it would be less likely for a supposed nocturnal animal, which most likely independently evolved a tapetum lucidum, to also be able to see into the infrared spectrum. Something that has yet to be demonstrated in mammals. Vampire bats don't see ir they evolved pits that work at short distances and much higher wavelengths than ir cameras. There would be no conceivable reason for a nocturnal animal to have evolved ir vision since rods, what nocturnal animals have in much greater numbers, peak near the ultra violet.

Any objective observer of this whole area x scenario should come away assuming it is much more likely that a hoax is being carried out from within or outside of the group. Coupled with the fact the nawac has yet to put foward any objective evidence that demonstratidly comes from an unknown primate.

Guest zenmonkey

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 

Lol I imagine you had that same look on your face when you read that as in your profile picture.

Hello Airdale and Urkelbot,

Thank you both and I appreciate your knowledge on the subject. I always like when I learn something!

Urkelbot, they wouldn't need to be able to see into the i.r. spectrum. The lower frequency/lower cost i.r. leds emit a visible spectrum red glow. I have an early model digital nv unit, about an eight year old model. The illumination array on it is slightly visible in the dark at the lowest power setting, when cranked up to full power it could be used to read a map with the visible spectrum component.

Actually, if the hikers wore little bells, it'd save them from both bears and wood apes. 

Many of the game cams we used featured "invisible" IR, so it must have been in that lower range. The SS cameras were visible to human eyes as a low red glow. Though NV, the place was lit like Times Square. 

Let's just follow Drew's logic there. Someone on the inside is tipping off the human hoaxers as to when the SS is active. Except the teams rotate on a regular basis. Our observations span multiple teams. Now we're to believe there are many conspirators. Also, please lets all remember, we shoot at these things when we see them through thermal scopes. So our clever hoaxers, as has been pointed out countless times already, are fine with getting shot at, but not fine with having their pictures taken. Perhaps their mole only tells them when the SS is on and not when our guys are pulling Overwatch. 

That's some prime critical thinking there. 

The fact remains that outside human involvement as a way to explain our experiences and observations is totally illogical. Anyone seriously espousing it as a theory should not be taken seriously. 

How many shooters do you have at X?  I would start there with my hoax investigation.

It would be much easier to hoax, if you knew the shooter was intentionally missing.

Is it the same guys shooting over and over?

Have you ever shot at one Bipto?

Do you have any locals that know your team's whereabouts?  A property owner who stops in every couple days to check on the progress?

For you to rule out hoax is very shortsighted IMO.

Edited by Drew

Drew, I am sure losts of guys really like to burn all their vacation time away from family to pull of an ongoing hoax for years to their close friends.. Yeah that makes a lot of sense

Humans pulling this off would require more coordination and materiel (and we are talking beyond state of art materiel) than went into Desert Storm.

Doubting it.

Anyone espousing a theory that we are being hoaxed, from within or without, is deluding themselves and, I'd argue, showing a distinct lack of critical thinking skills. Even based on only those things I've shared here, hoaxing as an explanation is preposterous. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're either telling the truth or we're lying. There is no in between.

I prefer mundane boring explanations, like:  you're being monkeyed with by a primate that isn't documented, but is behaving exactly like the ones we have.

Anyone espousing a theory that we are being hoaxed, from within or without, is deluding themselves and, I'd argue, showing a distinct lack of critical thinking skills. Even based on only those things I've shared here, hoaxing as an explanation is preposterous. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're either telling the truth or we're lying. There is no in between.

No Wood Ape, No Hoaxing, what is left?