Operation Northern Sweep

norseman

Thought I would post some passes going east to west through the Mt, Id, Wa.

Logan pass:

Lookout pass:

Forth of july pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HU5rZkmNLw

Sherman pass:

Loup Loup pass

North Cascades pass:

Route:

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=19c6L8u" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Edited by norseman

SSR Team

Great post Norse..;)

Where are you from?

Do not know why last two links did not take.

Loup Loup pass

North Cascades pass:

Edited by norseman

Good luck Norse. We're all rooting for you guys. Stay safe though!

Thanks for sharing the pics and the vids. A stunning part of the world and no mistake!

Troy? Libby? Thompson Falls?

I graduated from Kettle Falls, Washington and we played Bonners Ferry Idaho in football, that's as far east as we made it for sports.........same forest, same people though. Just little lumber towns down in the valleys. :)

Edited by norseman

Libby.  Have family in Boise.  Moved to Gallatin Gateway for many years.  Then Bremerton, WA.  Then moved to Monterey, CA. 

OH!!  Just read the rest of your note!  Bonners Ferry!!  Were we'd always ship off to for music competitions!!  Loved that!  Shipped off to Bozeman for DECA comps.  Hanging out in Colstrip, MT because we were bored in the summer.

OR!!  Hiking into Yellowstone at night and  hot potting - with our Annie Greensprings :) under the stars in that big, big sky.  HEAVEN!

Oh, forgot - had family in The Yaak for a while too.  Tough group there LOL!  Fun bear hunting on those mountain roads.

Edited by BigGinger

Do you know a Dave Winn?

I have a buddy out here in the oil field that is from Bonner's Ferry and he has family on the Yaak.

Libby! Birth place of the RMEF! Yoohoo!

No, don't know a Dave Winn - I know two Dave's with very similar last names though LOL! 

Yes, RMEF and Libby  amphibole and major headache for the EPA. 

Edited by BigGinger

Guest COGrizzly

Going to the Sun road - love it!  The whole North Cascades area is one of my favorites.. of the places I have been.

Norse - you live in a wonderful part of the Continent.  

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation?  They come here every year for something..

I have even heard of Grizzly and Wolf in that area.  I just hope they brought their passport.

No, don't know a Dave Winn - I know two Dave's with very similar last names though LOL! 

Yes, RMEF and Libby  amphibole and major headache for the EPA. 

Just thought I would check.......

Well.........misery loves a company called Cominco.

Going to the Sun road - love it!  The whole North Cascades area is one of my favorites.. of the places I have been.

Norse - you live in a wonderful part of the Continent.  

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation?  They come here every year for something..

I have even heard of Grizzly and Wolf in that area.  I just hope they brought their passport.

I've been all over the continent driving truck. If I could chose one place to live it would be British Columbia bar none. But since I don't plan on giving up my guns and moving to Canada........Idaho or Montana. Prolly retire down around Orofino Idaho. They still have a Salmon and Steel head run unlike the Kootenai or Columbia where Ginger and I grew up in because of Grand Coulee dam.

Colorado and New Mexico have some really gorgeous areas as well, I like big meadow complexes.

I like the freedom of Alaska, and my daughter lives there, but I'm not OK with trading 5 months of winter for 7 months of winter...........50 below is fine for January, but not in April.

Ya can't have guns in canada? You have a daughter of age?

You cannot have pistols, or M4's or Ak's or anything like that.........

My oldest daughter will be 21 years old come December 30th and she is going to University of Alaska/Fairbanks. My second oldest daughter is a senior in HS at Kettle Falls, my third oldest son is a Freshman and the baby girl is in eight grade. It's all going very fast.