Operation Northern Sweep

norseman

norse - don't think you realize it, but there's at least 7 bf in those forest pics. never mind the jet boat, you just need a few red circles and you're off to the races!

• 4 weeks later...

Did some Recon work on the lower Pend Oreille River right up against the Canadian border, photos to follow:

Ok, this is funny because I found a monkey in one of my photos (it's a stump......has to be):

IMG_0140_zps188edf09.jpg

Above the town of Metaline very close to Box Canyon dam.

IMG_01211_zps1522b8b8.jpg

Pee Wee Falls

IMG_0110_zps61d18784.jpg

Black Bear:

IMG_7088_zps565d4856.jpg

Edited by norseman

Yes, it's a 95 Weldcraft Jet boat.

Pee Wee falls with Hooknose mountain in the background:

IMG_0128_zpse492d9a5.jpg

Cool Bear front and hind print:

IMG_0117_zps8962f787.jpg

Selkirks:

IMG_0143_zps1b4b81e7.jpg

Ridge off of Abercrombie:

IMG_05711_zps4b62ab6c.jpg

Edited by norseman

Hello Norseman,

Thank you. The area looks wild and ancient and SHOULD be saved for the generations to come. Looks likre the folk behind the organization mean business and have done well. A good home for the Hairy Man wouldn't you say?

Norseman,

If your primary mission is to kill a bigfoot, why not operate in two man teams? You'd be able to travel more stealthy - like a hunter. 4-6 man teams might be better for hunting other two legged creatures but bigfoots might be a different story? What kind of comms are you using and have you field tested them in the AO? I like the idea of a roving com relay but will it enable you to be in contact with all patrols at all times or just specific Sit Rep times as you move between the teams? Not prying, just curious Norseman. I know some people don't like it but I think you might be on to something with your approach. I, myself, have come to the conclusion that killiing ONE BIGFOOT is a quicker way to identify  and recognise the species as a reality.

Edited by Henry Frapp

Safety is a priority and eight eyes are better than four.....but this template can be adjusted.

We are playing with the idea of portable cb's for the teams with a base station for TOC