Current State Of Affairs

Old Dog

Guest Cervelo

You may want to consider how many mammal discoveries over 200lbs in the past 100 yrs as a better indicator of those odds.

Correct Cervelo.  I always have a good laugh when this line of reasoning is employed.  What/When was the last large land animal catalogued in the US?

Hello Hellbilly,

It would seem that we have a lot to learn still about our own habitat. One thing we haven't learned though is how to not be animals ourselves. The wars, the greed, the competitive tribal infighting. At the very least, WRT the subject of Bigfoot, what we DO know of animal behavior and how it translates to ourselves should easily transfer into a method of securing a representative of the species. If they don't exist then, of course, we can all go home.

Edited by hiflier

^ We do have a lot to learn about our planet. That is why I could never be as oblivious to the possibility of discovering new species. Cervelo, what about the Pizzly's(Polar/Grizzly Bear) that have been shot? Or the Mountain Gorilla?

Guest Cervelo

I'm not saying there aren't discoveries being made but you'll find the vast majority...I'll take a wag that 99% of them are fairly small creatures or some known species that has a sub-species/newly recognized as a result of DNA analysis.

The mountain gorilla was discovered around 1900, that's kinda my point what large mammals have been discovered in the last 100 yrs not many.

Much less a 400lb primate hanging out in backyards in the US.

No offense but this is a really really old tired wore out position that has been offered up many times.

But if that gets you out in the woods and having a good time....ROCK ON with whatever works for you :)

Edited by Cervelo

Guest COGrizzly

What about the Colorado Blizzly?

Alot of these theories are old, tired and wore out Cervelo.  Wait....who the heck am I telling!?  You know that!

Aren't they trying to find the Bili ape in the Congo?

You guys are definitely kill joys to hang around.....

Hello All,

And in the Congo there is also the moleke-mbembe don't forget.

Edited by hiflier

Guest Cervelo

Ohhh now you've done it....I've said many times there's as much "evidence" for dragons as Bigfoot heh-heh!!!

Guest LarryP

I find your position astounding and offensive on many levels

How so?

Please start with why you found what I wrote "offensive" and then explain why it's "astounding" to you?

I agree with you Cervelo on the Mountain Gorilla so how about: 1.The lesula 2. three toed pygmy sloth 3. Yes, the Bili ape is a good one Norseman.

What about physicist Peter Higgs and his famous equation that was rejected in 1964 as "of no relevance to physics." ?? I am pretty sure no one on here (me included) has ever seen the Higgs particle but we now know they exist.

Edited by Hellbilly

Guest Cervelo

I find your position astounding and offensive on many levels

How so?

Please start with why you found what I wrote "offensive" and then explain why it's "astounding" to you?

Not starting with anything...ya can go pound sand for all I care ;)