What Evidence Makes You Believe That Bigfoot Exists ?

Guest Lesmore

I don't like the word 'belief' at all.

I think that as of today, the existence of bigfoot is a theory, supported by a small amount of evidence that is far from being concrete.

You may not like the word 'belief'....and I'm not sure why, but the word fits in this context. I refer you to the Oxford definition which I have copied.

Please note in particular to number 1, which provides an example of the use of the word 'belief'. I would say this describes my use of the word in this thread, clearly.

Theory....belief...it makes little difference. Whichever word is used in this context...the meaning is essentially the same.

The quote from Oxford:

" belief (be¦lief)

Pronunciation:/bɪˈliËf/

noun

1 an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof:his belief in extraterrestrial life [with clause] :a belief that climate can be modified beneficially

something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion:we're prepared to fight for our beliefs [mass noun] :contrary to popular belief existing safety regulations were adequate

a religious conviction:Christian beliefs [mass noun] :the medieval system of fervent religious belief

2 (belief in) trust, faith, or confidence in (someone or something):a belief in democratic politics "

Edited by Lesmore

The word "belief" may have multiple definitions and can be used in many context's. However the definition that I associate with it is this one.

1 an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.

This is why I do not believe. Like I said earlier, I lean towards the possability that there could be truth behind the thousands of eye witness stories. If only one is telling the truth and the rest are all lying then guess what?

Guest rockinkt

And the Skoftics and Debunkers will simply say "That's posted on a BF site, it doesn't count as True Publishing.

And I remember the threads about the "debunking" of the ridges. All that was ever demonstrated was that in some cases there was the possibility of dermal ridge-like casting artifacts. Hardly the "slam [de]bunk" you make it out to be.

Before he gets to the publishing stage - he should at least tell everybody EXACTLY how and why he knows that what he is claiming to be dermal ridges are just that. Right? After all - he is claiming to be staking his personal reputation on this claim. :unsure:

Is there any where a person can go to that tells us - in his own words - exactly that?

Once we have the details - then a discussion as to the veracity of the methods, evidence, and conclusions can start.

Right now - all we have is Tube, wolftrax, and BitterMonk's detailed reports on what they did that totally calls into question (at the minimum) Chilcutt's claims - not to mention Chilcutt's errors in identifying correctly the actual evidence he is examining.

Chilcutt refuses to address the matter further it seems. :(

Edited by rockinkt

This one really keeps me leaning a little towards the "it's real" side of the fence.

*removed pic for space*

although I think many of the other casts (not all mind you) are likely hoaxed bunk.

I would love to speak with the deputy who cast that in WA to learn more about the back story.

What is it about this particular cast that you find so compelling?

Guest TooRisky

Was this well researched and properly investigated? Who did the report? Where can one find it?

Thanks for your help.

If one was to research it I would start on the internet... Thats how I found it and talked to the pilot.... So now it is in your court to research and find the answers to what you ask for. I research for me and don't need to provide anyone with my findings, but will be charitable enough to say what you seek is out there, just spend the time to find it...

Guest rockinkt

If one was to research it I would start on the internet... Thats how I found it and talked to the pilot.... So now it is in your court to research and find the answers to what you ask for. I research for me and don't need to provide anyone with my findings, but will be charitable enough to say what you seek is out there, just spend the time to find it...

Sooo...in other words - you got nothing. Spectacular claims requre spectacular evidence and all that...right?

Guest TooRisky

Sooo...in other words - you got nothing. Spectacular claims requre spectacular evidence and all that...right?

No in other words I am not going to research for anyone but my self... I go out and research on my dime and my time... the same is with my at home research, I do it for me and post results, now if you disagree well spend the time to rebutt my findings or confirm my findings, either way get off your ass and do your own research....

Guest TooRisky

I also have to say as a professional Mechanical Engineer and consultant you will have to pay for my services, so put forth the $100.00/hr for my information like many do and I will happily forward the info you so ask for.... Or become a member of WASRT and then be in the inner circle of the information that this team has gathered in its years of experience in the field... That is if you qualify as a member of this team...

Edited by TooRisky

What is it about this particular cast that you find so compelling?

How natural and organic it looks. You can just see how the weight of the body was not evenly distributed or "flat footed" for lack of a better term like you might expect from a fake foot.

I am curious though why it is cast in some type black material as opposed to white plaster.

I'm sure some of the casting experts might have some insight.

Not sure if this was the gentleman's account that TooRisky was referring to....

My link

The International Bigfoot Society

http://www.internationalbigfootsociety.com/html/dsp_report.php?id=3493

IBS Report #: 3493

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:

Longitude:

Day:

Month: MAY

Year: 1980

Time:

Elevation:

Data Source: TR 91 SEPT 1999

Credibility: 3

Locality: MT ST HELENS

Researcher: Fred Bradshaw

Witness: MR Bradshaw

Sighting Type: 1

Summary: DEAD BF FROM MT ST HELENS SEEN

Sighting Text:

TR 91 SEPT 1999 *

Fred Bradshaw report concerning dead Bigfoot bodies near Mt. St. Helens.

My father worked for Weyerhauser Co. at Green Mountain ,WA, east of Vancouver. The site has security on their roads to check on the equipment and check closed areas to keep people out.

My father was working the day Mt. St. Helens blew up. He was at a meeting in Kelso, WA, and as he was a supervisor, when Mt. St. Helens blew it's side out, all heck cut lose.

My father was sent back to Green Mountain right away but like most he wasn't allowed to go very far because of the mud slide coming down the river. He did get to the town of Toutle, WA, on highway 504 off I-5. He and his crew were placed at different spots to watch mud flow and of course help people get out of the blast zone after the major blow up. He was sent to the area of Sprit Lake to keep people out.

When the second major blow up of the mountain came, my father and the other guy with him reported in, and they got out of there.

He was then placed in charge of the helicopter landing zone. It was his job to help keep people out of the landing zone and let aid crews in so they could care for injured.

Later. when all the people were out and bodies out, the National Guard was brought in to clean up. They hauled dead animals out that they placed in piles; deer in one, elk in another and so on. They were covered up with tarps and later burned.

But my father was placed in charge of one pile of dead that were covered and no one was allowed to go near. Armed U.S. National Guard personal were around this pile, and one day when they were going to move this group of bodies, and my father was very close to it and was told to keep his mouth closed. And when the tarps were removed he saw the creatures, some badly burned and some not. They placed them in a net and lifted them into a truck and covered it over. My father asked a guardsmen what will they do with them and he said study them or what ever...he didn't want to know. He said it's like other things you don't ask, and off they went . AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. My father and the rest were debriefed and sent home.

Admin

Not only that, but Chilcutt has been examining, collecting evidence, and testifying in various media formats for years, but has yet to write or submit a single report, analysis or paper for peer review. If the evidence is really as conclusive as he claims, the question remains, "Why not?".

I think Chilcutt was simply presented with the casts for analysis and reached his conclusions based on his training and experience in latent fingerprint analysis. When tube did his thing showing how the actual casting process could leave (desiccation ridges) the "dermals and scars" that Chilcutt was seeing, I think it must have been somewhat of a Professional embarrassment. It doesn't surprise me that Chilcutt hasn't subsequently published his findings based on this fact alone. I honestly don't think it ever occured to him to try and replicate the casting process to determine if what he was seeing could in fact have been something other than what he proclaimed.

Guest RedRatSnake

I thought Chilcutt found the same ridges on a few casts that pointed to the same animal, to me that seems to be highly unlikely that would happen during the casting process since the ridges are pretty detailed.

Admin

I think what you might be referring to are the Elkins Creek cast and ? (memory escapes me) Cast comparison where he found that both contained these "dermals". Not sure if he concluded they came from the same animal though. I seem to recall he basically stated the ridge details were of a similar nature and probably from the same type of animal.

Edited by masterbarber

Guest BitterMonk

I thought Chilcutt found the same ridges on a few casts that pointed to the same animal, to me that seems to be highly unlikely that would happen during the casting process since the ridges are pretty detailed.

Same animal as in same individual? No. Chilcutt has never claimed to find dermal evidence of the same individual from separate tracks or trackways. For that matter he's never claimed to have found more than one cast from the same trackway that exhibited the same ridge detail.