Food For Thought - Skeptics And Believers

"OH.  OK.  You're just denying the very idea.  That sound better?  (You did just say that, right up there, more than once.)"

Yes, you got me. I am a Bigfoot denialist. I deny that it is possible for an 8ft, 800 lb ape-man to be running around all over this continent and yet leave zero tangible evidence behind.  It is just not possible that this creature could exist and not be confirmed by now. 

So yes, I am no longer skeptical of Bigfoot. I fully deny the possibility. But it is important to note, it is not because I believe it to be a biological impossibility, but the Bigfoot of North America as described is simply not possible. Every other creature leaves evidence behind. The kind of tangible evidence that can be easily traced to the creature and confirmed. Every other creature dies and leaves remains behind. Bigfoot would be in the fossil record if it were a real creature. Bigfoot skins, bones and various relics would have been part of native collections when the first Europeans arrived here. etc, etc, etc.   It's not that I think it impossible for a creature of that size to survive here, but the creature described in the Bigfoot legend?  Naw..that is just not possible.

Edited by dmaker

Hello Norseman,

Truth be known? dmaker actually should be first LOL.

I keep sayin, If i somehow end up with one I am going to fly him to the location and make him break the news to the world.

"OH.  OK.  You're just denying the very idea.  That sound better?  (You did just say that, right up there, more than once.)"

Yes, you got me. I am a Bigfoot denialist. I deny that it is possible for an 8ft, 800 lb ape-man to be running around all over this continent and yet leave zero tangible evidence behind.  It is just not possible that this creature could exist and not be confirmed by now. 

So yes, I am no longer skeptical of Bigfoot. I fully deny the possibility. But it is important to note, it is not because I believe it to be a biological impossibility, but the Bigfoot of North America as described is simply not possible. Every other creature leaves evidence behind. The kind of tangible evidence that can be easily traced to the creature and confirmed. Every other creature dies and leaves remains behind. Bigfoot would be in the fossil record if it were a real creature. Bigfoot skins, bones and various relics would have been part of native collections when the first Europeans arrived here. etc, etc, etc.   It's not that I think it impossible for a creature of that size to survive here, but the creature described in the Bigfoot legend?  Naw..that is just not possible.

There's plenty of evidence.  Scientists vouch for it, and their explanations make sense.

The scientists that don't?  Either

[crickets]

or explanations that make no sense.

"Zero tangible evidence?"  You keep saying that you understand evidence but demonstrating that you have work to do.  Hair and footprints are FORENSIC EVIDENCE.  Many samples of the former have come back "primate, unknown" and a type of the latter identifiable to no known hoax has been identified.  Parasites have been found in putative sasquatch feces that aren't known from any NA animal; new parasite tends to mean new host.

It's not good enough that people have advanced degrees and wear the same blinders as all their buddies.  You have to APPLY the degee.

And you keep telling me that I won't accept any other viewpoint but my own.  That's you, man, not me.

I don't accept any other viewpoint but the evidence's.  Science requires that.

Inflexibility is refusing to consider.

Flexibility is considering the evidence, wherever it leads.  Sorry if you won't accept that.

Edited by DWA

Many samples of the former have come back "primate, unknown" ..."  -DWA

Please substantiate this claim with current references.  This is a common Footer claim that does not actually hold up to scrutiny. 

Nah.  You can read it.

Seriously.

"Then you won't prove it?  IT MUST BE WRONG"

Edited by DWA
to bring to compliance

So you make your claim of " unknown primate" and when asked to back it up, you decline?  mmmmkay.  It's ok, though. I know why. The claim is empty. No such pronouncement exists. I've checked. There is nothing to it.

Edited by dmaker

Based on your pronouncement of "no tangible evidence?"  No you haven't.

Just gets old.  A firm handle on the evidence my sword and shield, I pick my fights. 

Now if someone would just fight me.

You claim that there has been a specific and relevant reference to "unknown primate" hair. I challenge that and say that is not actually true. 

Seems like a perfect fight for you.  So pick up your tools and prove me wrong on this one. 

Oh, I have read the claims, and have read the studies where the claims supposedly come from.  They do not support the statement of "unknown primate".  It's just another Footer myth. Clearly you must agree since you are so obviously avoiding any attempt to backup your claim.  Interesting.

You don't back up any of yours, eh?

It's Scientists Who Think vs. Church of Dmaker.  I don't go to church.

Why do you get the opinion that you are the one I need to convince? 

The evidence convinces me that the scientists aren't living up to their craft on this one; and that's all I need to know.

I'm not asking you to convince me of anything . I am simply asking you to back up a claim that you made. The claim that studies have clearly pronounced alleged Bigfoot hair as "unknown primate".  This should be simple for you to do, yet you obfuscate and decline while turning it somehow into an issue that scientists are lazy yet again.  When you could just simply cite the references to where this "unknown primate" hair claim comes from. 

Edited by dmaker

Nah.  Just gets old.

[He read up.  He wonders why those without that level of interest bother.  He can't figure it out.  Bigger mystery than sasquatch.]

LOL. I guess we will just throw "unknown primate" hair in the unsubstantiated claims bin?

Sorry, who is the "he" in your statement? You? Me?  It's very difficult to follow you.