Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

Welcome, WoodlandBF. When I got started trying to search a few years ago, tree manipulation was one of the first things I noticed, it's in here somewhere.

I recently noticed two large limb breaks a couple weeks apart on a property around here. The pics didn't turn out well from a distance. What makes me wonder, is that the same area had a large sign posted about a "prowler" months ago.

In the Sounds of the Night thread, LCB has recently posted some audio of what sounds like breakage with knocks, pretty cool.

Guest WoodlandBigfoot

Alright here we go. ill start with the X's. Here are a few of the better examples of the X structures I have found so far.

F84weu.jpg

2rGeSb.jpg

Sc5GCy.jpg

bR4Z4r.jpg

ftRIc3.jpg

v7gQBX.jpg

ZNQHdp.jpg

here are a few "asterisks". they are very small and intricate. pretty cool though.

Pd8dHN.jpg

8j2qmu.jpg

8sXd0c.jpg

a couple oddball structures. pretty obvious that they are not natural imo.

9NZa3s.jpg

4P7kPW.jpg

This next picture is of "shelter". I found this "shelter" far out on this skinny peninsula type piece of land. The land was about 30 feet wide and stretched out between a swamp and a lake. Its pretty nest looking and had a small doorway on the other side. I crawled in and didn't notice much of anything except about half of the floor was covered in bark strips. It was pretty incredible how many sticks were used to make this thing. It wasn't very big inside, maybe big enough to fit 5 or 6 people. My only idea was that maybe it was used for some younger ones. One more interesting thing i noticed only after looking at the picture was the just right of bottom center of the picture is sort of a small collection/pile of extra small skinny twigs all piled up. Like maybe a little one was trying to help?

NKcOQW.jpg

next is an example of a "hunting blind" that I found. I stumbled upon this thing by following some smaller tree leans and "stick hangs". It is camoflauged pretty well. I only noticed it once I was about about 20 feet away. Any further and it just blends in with the rest of the woods. I was pretty impressed with this. I could tell right away a lot of intelligence went into creating this. The first picture is of the outside. There is basically a wall created using tons of sticks and branches all carefully woven together. But once you step inside( 2nd picture) it turns into this crazy little room and you are able to see how the main foundation of this thing is made. There is one living tree in the middle that has a natural Y shape, placed into that are 2 enormous tree that have been criss crossed on top of each other with smaller stabilizing logs jammed underneath them. really quite amazing.

az4PQz.jpg  

oIw1PV.jpg

Lastly the footprints... This first one I found on a rainy day. It was only about my 3rd day into this crazy journey so I was still at this point unsure if they were currently using the area (I know now that they are lol) but knew for sure that they at least used it at some point during the year.( I am now starting to think this one particular group stays here year round). Once i found this first footprint i was pretty sure they were in the area currently because it seemed fairly fresh( also heard some knocks ). My dad laughed at me when i showed him this(  i now don't show my dad big foot related things anymore...) but to me it is very clear this is a bigfoot print. It is a right foot. Theres nothing else in these woods that could make anything close to this kind of print, and you can see all of the toes. i was very excited to find this.

WAOq5u.jpg

NDR22H.jpg

nhvv0Z.jpg

this next print I found near a shelter type structure. Outside of the structure there was a pile/area full of mushroom stems where it looked like only the cap of the mushroom was bitten off and then the stem discarded. 50 feet away i found this print. It looks to be of a smaller size( I'm guessing juvenile?) It is a left foot with the big toe being on the right side. Again i feel it is pretty easy to see the toes( for sure the big one). One weird thing is that there was a little pile of debris containing pine needles, leaves and pinecones placed over most of the print. You can tell that it was not there when the print was made because its not pressed into the ground. My thought is that this one realized they left this print and it was a little too obvious and they tried to conceal it.

Lq8kQE.jpg

Sid99z.jpg

And finally this is a print i found about 2 weeks ago. I was exploring an area that was on the opposite side of where i was finding the most activity/structures. I was climbing up an extremely large hill that was full of pine trees. I was finding tree leans and structures all the way up this hillside. It was extremely steep 60%+ and i was having to hold onto the trees to keep from falling back to my doom... anyway i came across this area of moss where I immediately noticed this print. Im no print expert but it seemed decently fresh to me. Imagine if you are walking up a steep hill, your only walking on the balls of your feet aka the front third, your heels will never touch the ground. So this print is of just that. you can see where the toes cut through the moss. this is a right foot and looks to be bigger sized than the other two. I looked for prints ahead and behind of this but this was just a small area of moss and everywhere else was covered in pine needles.

dgwgRH.jpg

CQkB4b.jpg

MBBV8F.jpg

AlaWEB.jpg

anyway I am just beginning to see what is really out there. Compared to the size of the wilderness out in canada and washington this area is very small. But once you get in there you realize its really not that small and it is very dense. People that go through here are either bikers or runners, they never realize the signs that are all around them and they never go off the path. There are some deep woods back there and the more I venture in the more I realize what a perfect spot this is for them. Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate any ideas input thoughts etc. I have only been exploring/researching this area for a few weeks now but i plan to continue throughout fall and winter to see if I can hopefully have some interactions and learn more about these amazing beings.

Welcome WoodlandBigfoot. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I find the stick shelter especially intriguing. Someone definitely had a lot of time on their hands when that was built. It would take quite some time to gather that many sticks from the surrounding area. My question is, did you happen to look at the ends of the sticks to verify they were all broken with no tool marks, hatchet or saw?

Good job. You got some collateral evidence as well.

The shelter is interesting, I see a couple of sticks that look like they may have been sawed off from a tree but it's hard to tell for sure in the pic. There is a piece of wood in the lower left hand corner that looks like a 4x6 piece of lumber. Do you have any more pics of the shelter?

Of course I want to see more pics of what you think is the hunting blind.  Were you able to figure out the method of kill?, and what made you think the structure was for hunting?

My theory is, in the beginning of man's development, wood was the first material used as a tool. Then crafting and wood modification came next leaving not a trace in the archeological record except for a 400k yo spear.  I find the hunting techniques the most interesting because it gives us a glimpse into our own past when tool use was still in the wood and stone stage and before the two were put together to make compound tools.

Woodlandbigfoot

This astris is about how tall? and was it difficult to find or did you find this quickly? Also was this along a trail or a game trail by any chance?

astris1.jpg

Now this picture, was this picture found on a game trail or on a trail or blocking a trail by any chance? or was it set up as a blind where some thing could hide inside it  see along a trail? I just want to say sorry for reusing your pictures but it was the only way To ask you the questions I needed to ask you.

deer1.jpg

The footprints are very interesting and am very interested to know if you have found track lines? and if you have what was their step from heel to heel that would be great? It seems like there are two different footprints there and maybe three. Have you found more then one print ? whether it be large or small? Thank you in advance

Here is one of the X's that I have found on the ground which I thought was odd.  It was on the trail and if you look at the upper right corner you can see a orb. I am not much of a fan of stick figures but when you come across some that cannot be explain , well you have to photograph them.

100_0252.JPG

like this one:

nest.jpg

Guest WoodlandBigfoot
7 hours ago, yowiie said:

Do you believe bigfoot made these crosses, they look very natural formations

Yes I absolutely do believe that bigfoots made these X structures, for multiple reasons. Like I said before all of the shelters and structures and X's are all within the same area of each other. Its not me just coming across one X in one area. There are X's everywhere and most of them are **** near perfect. I have been to many other nature preserves and state forests throughout this area and this is the only one that has all of these structures and all of the X's everywhere. So unless I just happened to stumble upon a magical forest where every stick that falls from a tree forms a perfect X with another stick than yes I I'm positive that these were made with intention. Also these X's are made from either large branches or logs that have been brought to that spot and jammed into the ground so they stay in the X form. Not to mention that the footprints I have found as well as the knocks I have heard are all within very close proximity to these X's. They are absolutely not natural.

6 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

Welcome WoodlandBigfoot. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I find the stick shelter especially intriguing. Someone definitely had a lot of time on their hands when that was built. It would take quite some time to gather that many sticks from the surrounding area. My question is, did you happen to look at the ends of the sticks to verify they were all broken with no tool marks, hatchet or saw?

I did take a quick look around the shelter( girlfriend was with me and she wanted to leave). There were no sticks or branches that i noticed that looked to be sawed or cut off. Everything looked to have been snapped or broken off. 

4 hours ago, WesT said:

Good job. You got some collateral evidence as well.

The shelter is interesting, I see a couple of sticks that look like they may have been sawed off from a tree but it's hard to tell for sure in the pic. There is a piece of wood in the lower left hand corner that looks like a 4x6 piece of lumber. Do you have any more pics of the shelter?

Of course I want to see more pics of what you think is the hunting blind.  Were you able to figure out the method of kill?, and what made you think the structure was for hunting?

My theory is, in the beginning of man's development, wood was the first material used as a tool. Then crafting and wood modification came next leaving not a trace in the archeological record except for a 400k yo spear.  I find the hunting techniques the most interesting because it gives us a glimpse into our own past when tool use was still in the wood and stone stage and before the two were put together to make compound tools.

No saw marks. Everything was broken. Also another thing that you can sort of see in the picture is that the entire area surrounding this nest was completely covered in broken off branches, sticks and twigs. It looked as though something had just really gone to town and was ripped branches off of everything. There are a few old pieces of lumber and concrete laying around that look extremely old and are very random. I don't have any more pictures of the shelter but next time i go back to the spot i will try to take some more detailed shots of it. As for the hunting blind type structure. There are a few reasons why I think it may be a hunting blind. The first is that it was built to be hidden, and they did an amazing job of that. like i said before I didn't see this thing until I almost walked into it and then I was like HOLY CRAP! Also it is in the small area of this nature preserve that is the only place in the whole area that I ever see deer. I only see deer in the 5% of the forest preserve, have yet to figure out why, maybe all the good food for them is in this spot? But in this one spot the are incredibly plentiful. The wall of sticks that are woven together is really done well to the point that you could be hiding inside this thing and you wouldn't be seen unless something was right on top of you.The way deer see as long as you are completely still and don't move they basically perceive you as part of the background. A bigfoot could easily just sit in one of these many "blinds" and a deer would probably walk right up to them and then...grab-snap? I have no idea as for the method of kill. I have been trying to find deer remains or bones or something leftover but i have yet to find any sign of a leftover meal from them. At this point I am thinking they dispose of their meal leftovers carefully just as they make sure not to leave their prints behind. 

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Woodlandbigfoot

This astris is about how tall? and was it difficult to find or did you find this quickly? Also was this along a trail or a game trail by any chance?

astris1.jpg

Now this picture, was this picture found on a game trail or on a trail or blocking a trail by any chance? or was it set up as a blind where some thing could hide inside it  see along a trail? I just want to say sorry for reusing your pictures but it was the only way To ask you the questions I needed to ask you.

deer1.jpg

The footprints are very interesting and am very interested to know if you have found track lines? and if you have what was their step from heel to heel that would be great? It seems like there are two different footprints there and maybe three. Have you found more then one print ? whether it be large or small? Thank you in advance

Here is one of the X's that I have found on the ground which I thought was odd.  It was on the trail and if you look at the upper right corner you can see a orb. I am not much of a fan of stick figures but when you come across some that cannot be explain , well you have to photograph them.

100_0252.JPG

like this one:

nest.jpg

That first asterisk structure you are asking about is probably about 3 feet tall. One of the bigger ones. I found it pretty deep off trail. No game trails or anything near by. It wasn't hard to find just like none of the other structures are hard to find because I am out there specifically seeking them out. But it wasn't hidden or anything. The 2nd picture, the one of the "hunting blind" I was following a series of "stick hangs" and tree leans pretty far off trail. As I was following them the land started to descend down into a small bowl type area. As I was descending down I noticed a subtle trail of sorts was forming that I started to follow. Either game trail or a trail made by them. At the end of this is where this hunting blind structure was. It wasn't blocking the trail because nothing continued on behind it it just stopped. The area around it is very dense with weeds bushes and trees. To me it looked to be set up for them to hide inside. From the outside it just looks like a giant pile of trees and bushes and It is extremely hard to see since it blends in so well with everything, but once you step inside it is completely cleared out and it like a little room where you can just sit behind this wall an look out. It has a ceiling on top and it surround and all sides except for small openings on each side. As far as the footprints go I have not found any track lines. All the tracks I have found so far were individual tracks and they were by themselves. At each track location I did search around but was unable to find anymore tracks. I think they are very careful about hiding their tracks and when I do happen to find one it is just them slipping up and leaving a visible track behind. All three of the prints I have found so far seemed to be all different sizes. 

Woodlandbigfoot

Is this park frequently visited by people? If you mention this already I am sorry. Also thank you for answering my questions and it seems like you are doing real good there.  Have you tried to take casting of those tracks? I was once one of those that believe not to cast or take pictures of the evidence that they leave . I always felt like it was bad voodoo to acknowledge them because they would not acknowledge me. But the more you visit them the more they get to know you and the way you are. In those blinds have you ever sat in there for a day in hunting clothing? I say this to see if deer or other animals go through there. I have seen stuff like this in my area and yes it is real neat stuff. It is hunting season in my state right now and I am in these blinds using them now.  I will get pictures of them so that you can see. My self and my son hunt out of them and they seem to be very concealing.

This should be about having fun and enjoying the outdoors. We can have some bad experience and we can have some good . But one thing I learned is that they surely can rush your heart rate. It is a rush when you are around them and it makes it fun. I hope to see more things come from your area. If it goes cold do not worry it happens. 

Guest WoodlandBigfoot
5 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Woodlandbigfoot

Is this park frequently visited by people? If you mention this already I am sorry. Also thank you for answering my questions and it seems like you are doing real good there.  Have you tried to take casting of those tracks? I was once one of those that believe not to cast or take pictures of the evidence that they leave . I always felt like it was bad voodoo to acknowledge them because they would not acknowledge me. But the more you visit them the more they get to know you and the way you are. In those blinds have you ever sat in there for a day in hunting clothing? I say this to see if deer or other animals go through there. I have seen stuff like this in my area and yes it is real neat stuff. It is hunting season in my state right now and I am in these blinds using them now.  I will get pictures of them so that you can see. My self and my son hunt out of them and they seem to be very concealing.

This should be about having fun and enjoying the outdoors. We can have some bad experience and we can have some good . But one thing I learned is that they surely can rush your heart rate. It is a rush when you are around them and it makes it fun. I hope to see more things come from your area. If it goes cold do not worry it happens. 

Yes the park has people going through it most days. There is one concrete path that goes through and it is mainly used by bikers or runners. I usually see people most times I go there. Which at first was surprising considering the amount of activity that I was finding. I soon realized that it really doesn't matter that people come through this park every day because they never go off of the trail. Also like I said before this park is closed after sunset until sunrise so absolutely no human beings ever enter into this area after dark, and obviously there is no hunting allowed in this area either. Basically at night they run this place and can essentially do whatever they want/need to do without having to worry about anything. I have not tried casting any of the 3 tracks I have found so far nor have I really even given that much thought. Im not really out to prove anything more just to learn more about them and hopefully to interact with them. Taking pictures and video is really the most I think I will do for now and its really just for my own personal data collection. I stumbled upon this forum and thought that this might be a good place to share for the first time the things I have found so far so I could receive some feedback from people who are interested in the subject. Also I'm always trying to be very aware of respecting their space and their "stuff". I absolutely do not want to seem intrusive so I will continue to approach researching this area with that mindset. 

On 10/19/2016 at 11:12 PM, WoodlandBigfoot said:

As for the hunting blind type structure. There are a few reasons why I think it may be a hunting blind. The first is that it was built to be hidden, and they did an amazing job of that. like i said before I didn't see this thing until I almost walked into it and then I was like HOLY CRAP! Also it is in the small area of this nature preserve that is the only place in the whole area that I ever see deer. I only see deer in the 5% of the forest preserve, have yet to figure out why, maybe all the good food for them is in this spot? But in this one spot the are incredibly plentiful. The wall of sticks that are woven together is really done well to the point that you could be hiding inside this thing and you wouldn't be seen unless something was right on top of you.The way deer see as long as you are completely still and don't move they basically perceive you as part of the background. A bigfoot could easily just sit in one of these many "blinds" and a deer would probably walk right up to them and then...grab-snap? I have no idea as for the method of kill. I have been trying to find deer remains or bones or something leftover but i have yet to find any sign of a leftover meal from them. At this point I am thinking they dispose of their meal leftovers carefully just as they make sure not to leave their prints behind. 

The reason I asked is because when I investigated the alleged hunting blind, in my neck of the woods, the debate was it's intended purpose, hunting or shelter. From there it was a matter of closer observation of the immediate surrounding area and putting the pieces of the puzzle together. A wall is a good way to describe it. Hard to find? you betcha. They blend in very nicely with the surroundings, and like you said, you don't know it's there until you're right on top of it. It took us about 2 or 3 days of going back to the "wall" before we found enough evidence to conclude it's purpose was for hunting and not shelter.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic