Why Is It Easier To Find Large Animals In Third World Jungles Compared To North American Forests?

Cotter

Guest Darrell

1) Who says you can't find one?  Researchers are having encounters, finding sign, etc.  There are even reports of BF being killed.

Humm. Reports, finding sign, encounters. Yes. But then where is the film, the pictures, the physical evidence? 

2) As to why it doesn't happen more often: finding and documenting in the wild relatively "dumb" animals like the cloud leopard, giant squid, etc took years, decades even.  10s of 1000s of lowland gorilla went entirely UNdocumented until just last year in the Congo.

And yet, they were found. Documented, filmed, and there are BODIES. Not just stories on the internet, foot prints, blob squatches, no hair that turns out to be something else.

Tracks are physical evidence.  

Guest Darrell

Yes they are. But there is a long record of tracks being faked and mis-identified. Same with hair. So maybe what we need is a sighting, with tracks, and with some other type of physical evidence (hair, skin, blood, ect), with a strong chain of custody and photo evidence to back everything up. But we dont get that do we? Either the physical evidence comes back from testing as some known animal or isnst even biological to start with. The chain of custody is broken at several levels and the witness accounts are 2nd or 3rd hand. Or the whole thing turns out to be faked or hoaxed. Tracks are evidence if it can be linked to a real animal. If I find deer tracks in my backyard, I know I can see the animal who made them at some point, and actually harvest that animal. Because that animal is real. I dont have to worry about my neighbor faking deer tracks to make fun of me or **** me off. But we have tracks people are attributing to bigfoot and, yes, something is makeing them. But what? some guy who wants to have a laugh at some dudes running around and making casts of them or somebody wanting to get into the limelight for his 15 min of fame?

The line of tracks I found was too remote to be likely to have ever been found.   It was also of feet too large, sinking too deep, to have been made by a person in fake feet.   Whatever made them had to be somewhere over 900 pounds, maybe a lot over.   There was no road, no artificial way to produce them.   Show me a person who can take 6-1/2 foot steps (single step, left foot to right foot) with 700 or more pounds on their back beyond their body weight up a 30-40 foot dry hard red clay bank that's more than a 45 degree slope.  

It was no stomper.   Whatever made them walked on 2 feet and weighed that much.   It's either a bigfoot or a person capable of carrying that much weight and taking those strides.  

If you can find me someone able to do that, I'll take the possibility of hoax seriously.   I've picked up 700-800 pounds a couple times.   It's right at the edge of hernia.   I can take about a 3 inch step, no way 6-1/2 feet.  Not for some number of steps, step after step, including going up that cut bank without breaking stride.

Edited by MIB

the remote location is very interesting

I do think deep tracks could be faked. It just depends on how soft the soil was when they were made. There really no accurate way to determine how heavy someone is based just on tracks. It could have been a 700 pound giant or a guy with fake feet on soft ground.

Guest Darrell

The line of tracks I found was too remote to be likely to have ever been found.   It was also of feet too large, sinking too deep, to have been made by a person in fake feet.   Whatever made them had to be somewhere over 900 pounds, maybe a lot over.   There was no road, no artificial way to produce them.   Show me a person who can take 6-1/2 foot steps (single step, left foot to right foot) with 700 or more pounds on their back beyond their body weight up a 30-40 foot dry hard red clay bank that's more than a 45 degree slope.  

It was no stomper.   Whatever made them walked on 2 feet and weighed that much.   It's either a bigfoot or a person capable of carrying that much weight and taking those strides.  

If you can find me someone able to do that, I'll take the possibility of hoax seriously.   I've picked up 700-800 pounds a couple times.   It's right at the edge of hernia.   I can take about a 3 inch step, no way 6-1/2 feet.  Not for some number of steps, step after step, including going up that cut bank without breaking stride

Too Likely to have ever been found, yet you found them. Did you take photos, take accurate measurements, make casts, take statements from others with you? Cause if you didnt then its just you saying what happend happend. Its a story and maybe it works as proof to you but I shouldnt for me or anyone else. And anyone intersted in this phenomina should never say anything you find or see couldnt be hoaxed or faked. Because it can.  

Edited by Darrell

Too Likely to have ever been found, yet you found them. Did you take photos, take accurate measurements, make casts, take statements from others with you? Cause if you didnt then its just you saying what happend happend. Its a story and maybe it works as proof to you but I shouldnt for me or anyone else. And anyone intersted in this phenomina should never say anything you find or see couldnt be hoaxed or faked. Because it can.  

I disagree.

You cannot hoax the depth of the track nor the stride of the track (if your not where vehicles can be). But a human can certainly put whatever they want on their own feet and walk around on them.

And this all amplifies in snow.........

Guest Darrell

I dont know. Maybe, maybe not. Its still one of those things where once you decide only bigfoot can make it, somebody figures out how to do it.

Guest Darrell

Well maybe yes, and maybe no. But once you say bigfoot made them then you have rule out everything else that could have made them. And the stride measurements on the video commentary state the stride was from 15" to 55" and most of them look to be about 24-30" . Thats not 8 ft.  But I dont know what could have made them, and I dont have a problem saying that.

Edited by Darrell

Well, I think that in the case of bigfoot tracks we have two things that could have done it:  the putative primate or a hoaxer.

If circumstances seem to make a hoax unlikely, and there is nothing specific pointing to one, then we have one more unresolved find to toss on a very big, and very unaddressed, pile.

I don't include bear tracks because there's no way somebody who knows those is going to confuse any combination of bear tracks with a bigfoot track.  This is one of the most blatant blanks in the skeptic's ammo belt.