Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest zenmonkey

@ nod,

dis·cus·sion

noun \di-ˈskə-shən\

: the act of talking about something with another person or a group of people : a conversation about something

: a speech or piece of writing that gives information, ideas, opinions, etc., about something

Each has their own "perception" interpreting how things are "discussed". It's your opinion on how you want to interpret the discussions. Everyone's beliefs are different and if they don't jive with yours...oh well. No one has the right to "police" someone else's thoughts on what they do or don't believe. No one is obligated to incorporate someone else's advice if they don't desire to, it doesn't make it right or wrong it's just a differing of opinion. 

BAM! 

Nod4eight. I was/am in a similar situation and I did collect "physical" evidence. If you have audio it is not good enough, if you have tracks it is not good enough. I have even been told that these things are not even evidence. The fact is when dealing with sasquatch the bar of evidence has been set straight to proof , a body. I found footprints, got good pictures of the prints with a good scale for measurement. got a cast of one of them.

• Upvote 1

Considering the fact this forum is dedicated to discussing an unknown hominid, you'd think members here would be more open-minded.

I stand by what I said. Go ahead and discuss your opinions on what's making those bumps in the night. Meanwhile I'll still going to suggest getting real evidence, not something you think you heard.

The more I'm around here the more skeptical I get. I came here with a very open mind. But when I see 79 pages of "dude, you saw a squatch" with zero other evidence provided - it really makes me wonder how much of ANY evidence is vetted, or is it ALL caused by squatch-bumps in the night?

it really makes me wonder how much of ANY evidence is vetted

How do you suggest evidence be vetted?   Remember, this needs to be something available to, and within the means of, the people who have their boots on the ground who obtain the evidence.   Many of those people are going into the woods, parks, fields etc with no clue there is any such thing as a sasquatch, so how are they going to prepare to do this vetting you want?   

Who is going to do the vetting?  A bunch of people hiding behind screen names on a forum?    Who is qualified?    There really are NO experts, just some folks who think they are.   Even the people who are professionals in the sense that they derive their income from bigfoot research, which are pretty few, fall short of being "experts."

So what is this vetting process you're suggesting, who will perform it, and how will it be paid for?

MIB

• Upvote 3

the tree coming down near me just after urinating could be coincidental but the timing of it and the lack

of wind makes that seem suspect.

It does seem suspect. There is never a lack of wind after urinating in my experience!

I agree with Nod's point that SOME people go extremes with some of this. Every time a tree falls down or you hear a strange sound in the woods, it's not necessarily a Squatch. Conversely; there's no shortage of people out there that dismiss the possibility of a Squatch being responsible for ANYTHING strange that happens in the woods. Even if the only logical conclusion would point toward a Squatch being present.

You know it really does not matter to me that anyone here believes me, I only present the experiences I have had

to objectify my own thinking process.  If I believed everything I thought, well then I would certainly lack objectivity.

I do think it is hard to explain recordings like this below, unless you account for by hoax or some other human factor

at 3:30am in the morning, and I have determined that that possibility is very low at best....also I have only recorded

suspicious activity during the fall of last year, and since that time nothing has been recorded that is slightly suspect,

so if it were my imagination, well I guess then my imagination is becoming dull with age...

It is unquestionably puzzling how difficult it is to uncover more conclusive evidence, and I know that some of you will

simply conclude it is because they don't exist, or at least my incidence in nonexistent.  I agree with Nod4Eight that I

could of done more to obtain evidence.  To me though the most important thing was to experience what was going

on, and then to seek to objectify the experience.   I was attempting to create situations where they could manipulate

objects we placed out. Nothing ever happened.  I looked very hard for print evidence, found none.  Sat up nights staring

out the windows, nothing.  The only thing that kept me looking was that I knew for a fact that the whoops both I and my

wife heard were absolutely nothing I have ever heard before or since in the wild.  I will continue that search until I know

for a fact what made those sounds..... whatever the conclusion may be.....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Suesquach

LBC, great sound clips. It's obvious you've been experiencing something unusual on your property. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us.

Guest lightheart

Hey LCB

Thanks for posting the sound clips. I have personally experienced that banging behavior. It is easily distinguished from the warning knocks. I have also heard it in a few other audio clips. Makes you wonder what they are thinking when they do that. It is almost what you might see from a human that has some sort of mental handicap or even something a child would do just to hear the sound it makes.

I also think they drag stcks and logs around with them when they are walking around at night. Seems like they sometimes just throw them into creeks and ponds too since some water spots have a growing number of branches just thrown in. Their intelligence levels may vary greatly from one individual to another depending on brain case shape and forehead slope. I think that at least some of them do not have strong frontal lobe / executive function development. This is why I think it is always wise to use caution in their presence you jut don't know what they might do when startled, angry, or fearful. Others from reports seem to have a much higher level of intelligence and some have suggested that they may be smarter than we are in their own environments.

Also I wanted to let you know that I stumbled upon another report on a random skunk ape website the listed a sighting of an ape like creature seen near the Mayport Navy Base.

Edited by lightheart

I agree with Nod's point that SOME people go extremes with some of this. Every time a tree falls down or you hear a strange sound in the woods, it's not necessarily a Squatch. Conversely; there's no shortage of people out there that dismiss the possibility of a Squatch being responsible for ANYTHING strange that happens in the woods. Even if the only logical conclusion would point toward a Squatch being present.

The extremes are basically keeping any traction from developing.  On the one hand, scientists frown on every-sound's-a-squatch.  On the other, there is nothing rational about otherwise rational people insisting that a "mundane" cause MUST be postulated for everything, even though bear tracks don't look like humans' and bears don't look like upright apes and don't have hands etc.

Believe it or not, Extreme No. 2, a local species of wildlife is a mundane possibility, even if it's one that an unprecedented, weird and truly-not-mundane attack of Can't-Use-Sciencitis is keeping the mainstream from looking into.

Edited by DWA

As I suspected the coyotes have returned to their pack behavior, just saw a doe with a very small fawn, which all confirms the notion

that this year is several, perhaps 3 weeks behind the normal years we have had.  The ground has now dried surrounding the marsh

and the situation, apart from the biannual boom of apples, is much the same as last year.  I have been hearing some strange knocking sounds in

the early night, almost seems a reaction to my coming out of the house, so I will be monitoring the situation more closely.  I also have

recorded several times lately, and nothing unusual was found, which establishes a bit of a base line.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot