Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Dmaker, no offense to your question of whooping cranes, but I am very familiar with them due to being part of the International Crane Society, and my wife and I are birders as well. We have been near Cranes from all over the globe, and nothing in their vocal abilities could be remotely mistaken for what I heard. The only sounds that I have heard that resemble it come from primates. It leaves you with no doubt of it uniqueness when you hear it, at first thought you might think human, but then you realize the pitch is too high and the volume and clarity are just not something we can not achieve, and the fact that it is effortless. In my case it was a conversation of sorts, which demonstrated intelligence, and you could hear the use of inflections that had some type of meaning. I know it is hard to believe, and had I not heard this myself, and known it to be real, as well as having my wife hear the same thing earlier, I would still be on the fence...but when you experience something like this, you cannot escape the processing of your realities, it leaves you redefining stuff, and making room for possibilities, I am skeptical still of many things, but of their being an animal that can make those sounds, that I know. If it is not a Sasquatch, then I guess I will find that out. But I have heard other recordings of what I heard, and those were associated with Sasquatch. Look up Stan Courtney bigfoot sounds, whoops #1 and #3 and that is representative of what I heard.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Must be Bigfoot then.

No, but absent subsituting your judgment for the person who experienced this, what is your conclusion?(Hint: You don't have to have one)

:-)

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 1

Well, help him out then Dmaker. Have you any practical advice to give him? We get a lot of "you're wrong" or, "you're mistaken", or "you're just like all the others..." around here, but never any of the, "If I were you, this is how I would go about testing your hypothesis...." kind of help. Any suggestions, or is that just not something you are willing to engage on, hmm?

We cannot test stories.  I've tried several times to discuss/brainstorm ways to gather physical evidence, but no one wants to explore that.  Stories are all great and fun, but at the end of the day they are just stories. Audio recordings are ultimately inconclusive. 

Yah especially vague ones like the ones I keep getting, evidence is what I am shooting for, but in that process I need to get thrown a bone or two in order to keep investing my time. That is what I am arguing with the possible Squatches in my neck of the woods but they won't budge, yah I got some weird tree banging and yotes going off, some strange possible vocalizations, not all of which I bothered to present. I spend hours pouring through audio, waiting for that one slip up. I'm just hoping I get something before I give up. It's like fishing for finicky walleyes, they just mouth the bait a second and drop it, so you put on a stinger hook, and then they don't give you even a tap, because they seem to know who's one the other end of the line, and your intentions. Then you know you just have to wait them out, till they slip up. That's what it takes here, persistence. You gotta keep your line in the water. Nod4eight, lay it on me, what else should I be trying, I am open to suggestion.

Dmaker,  maybe one day you'll have to attempt to prove your own experience, in the mean time, I suggest your considering that all the experiences out there are not simply mistaken identity or delusion, or hoax.  I agree that there will always be chaff and wheat, but your throwing out the wheat with the chaff, or the baby with the bathwater.  I know this has gone around and around, but nothing short of a very convincing encounter would convince you till science comes to our rescue.  You should simply be open to that possibility, as it may come your way.  Go play in the woods......they will find you....they know you are thinking about them.

I don't know, here are some of the suggestions I threw out there.

you seemed to have a lot of tossing going on for a while - apples, rocks, oranges whatever.  Any though to trying to get prints off those?  Cover them in printer toner or something like that. 

hang fly traps in travel corridors to get hair samples

board with screws through it to gather hair/skin/tissue samples (like the one Meldrum used at Snelgrove).  place in travel corridors or under the tree you said they are stealing apples from.

Someone mentioned BF may be responsible for prowler reports to police.  Have you thought about contacting the police for prowler reports for the past number of years and mapping those.  If that is the case it may show you where they are moving through for you to focus your research on.  When you map it, pay attention to the time of the year these reports come from.  Maybe they use a different route in different seasons.  Research that for different food plots that may be in that area (or at the other end of their route) at that time. 

If they are going in between houses they must be used to "human" things.  Put up a birdhouse with a game camera inside it.  I really don't know - I'm tossing out ideas, maybe it'll spark an idea in someone else and eventually we'll find an idea that works. 

Go play in the woods......they will find you....they know you are thinking about them.

I've spent more time in the woods than most people.  Much of that alone.  I've never had an experience.  Comments such as yours come off as condescending and a little insulting. 

At the same time as you asking him to keep an open mind, I would encourage you to do the same thing.  You have not seen one, you have merely heard some sounds you cannot explain and reached the conclusion that it must be BF.  Now you are hearing wood knocks in other states when on a road trip and possible UFOs over the golf coarse.  Either you are a magnet for the unexplained or possibly have an overactive imagination. 

That is why I've tried to focus on gathering evidence.  If this is to be taken seriously, we need to approach it with some seriousness.  That's my $0.02.

LCB, I spend hours in the woods every week hiking. Especially this time of the year. And I am not talking about the backyards of suburbia. Bigfoot has yet to reveal himself to me despite your prophetic patronizing.

Science is not coming to your rescue. 

Even if a bigfoot did reveal itself to you, few people would believe you, and you would not be talking about it very much if at all. There are quite a few people who go 'looking' for them and don't see them. BoBo saw one 30 years ago or so, and has not seen one since, and spent those 30 years pursuing it.

If you really want to 'experience' BF, you should go by the 411 book. Walk alone in the woods in squatchy areas wearing bright colored clothing and have sausage links thrown over both shoulders. Not a guarantee of a BF experience, but it may certainly up the ante.

And those wood knocks were upon the lone Nebraska prairie. NOT bigfoot habitat.

But, it must have been bigfoot, nevertheless.

I only sited the oddity of seeing something that looked like a UFO just after having heard the whoops, I mean the very next day, I never came to any conclusion, likewise the wood knock I heard in Nebraska, I can only say that what the hell else was up and knocking on what few trees existed there. I don't know really about either of those incidences. I like the ideas Nod4eight, I would not do the nail thing, saw that one on TV, felt sorry for the victim. I can only say that very sane people have reported some pretty insane sounding things. The object I saw floating was probably a balloon, the wood knock in Nebraska still is like Huh? The whoops I heard will never leave my mind, the other stuff is meaningless. I know that many of you need to have a personal experience, perhaps your upset at the fact you have not. I would have preferred not to have had it. My golf game has suffered greatly due to spending a lot of time with this, and that is actually my priority, I have a life, but this thing is driving me mad! Sort of. I don't think you can understand the burden of such an experience. It does not let you dismiss it......

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
GG 3
  • Upvote 2