My Philosophy Regarding Bigfoot ? What's Your's ?

Guest Lesmore

Guest Lesmore

Yeah. It's a shame when that happens, isn't it?

Sasfooty,

My thread. I would ask you to carry on your 'discussion' somewhere else. It has little to do with my thread.

Thank you.

Les

Sasfooty,

My thread. I would ask you to carry on your 'discussion' somewhere else. It has little to do with my thread.

Thank you.

Les

I'll be glad to, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one in this "discussion". Seems like I'm always the only one getting invited to leave, though.

Guest Lesmore

I'll be glad to, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one in this "discussion". Seems like I'm always the only one getting invited to leave, though.

Thank you, Sasfooty. :) My concern was that the thread would be shut down. I think it's an interesting thread. Hope you will continue to contribute to it. I think many of your posts are very interesting .

Les

Edited by Lesmore

There are .02 cents and there are .02 cents...some currency is more valuable than others...your .02 cents is of that category.

Thanks Lesmore, I'll try to reply to your inquiries. My outdoor experiences have been all across the USA. Traveled through most of the states with my folks, and I'm originally from Portland, Oregon. Spent more time in Minnesota, but some of the other states, northern Cal. the Dakotas, Wisc. & Mich., & Tenessee are the ones I've spent the most time in the wilderness. Now I live in north/central Minnesota, and do go further north alot.

I'm not sure why I stumble upon strange tracks, etc. But since childhood, tracking animals has been a hobby of mine, used it alot trapping and hunting, so now it's second nature.

My 2 sightings were in Minnesota, in the Bethel area. Near the Carlos Avery wildlife refuge.

The ridicule I experienced was fairly minor and good natured. But you never know what people are thinking about you to themselves, and probably repeating to others. I really don't care anymore. A couple family members have experienced some of the encounters themselves now, and are on the beleiver side of the fence now. Unfortunately they are the ones that didn't keep it to themselves, and started talking to strangers giving out too much info.

When I described them as wild humanoids, I couldn't think of a better term. I'm not scientific, so bear with me. Not necessarily an ancester of ours, and certainly ape like, but in ways more than an ape. They certainly posess all the insticts of a wild animal, but seem to have reasoning and emotions and I think live in clans or tribes with some kind of social order. It's hard to explain, but they seem more like us than most apes you see in a zoo.

I know that nowdays I spend less time in the woods for a reason, and after my second sighting I don't really want to see another. Unfortunately I live by a river that seems to be one of their passage routes. I think that may be the only reason for the activity of the last few yrs.

My philosophy, or at least what I believe about the bigfoot conundrum:

I'm squarely transfixed upon the horns of the veritable dilemma. Too many reliable witnesses for too many generations report credible sightings. There's simply no way to deny those sightings with the wave of a hand.

Yet the lack of physical evidence is troubling, to say the least. If folks are witnessing a large, bipedal, hairy creature, it simply must leave evidence of its existence. Yet, there's nothing to stake a claim upon.

I'm in the camp that extends the belief the creature probably exists. A romantic, rebel portion of my personality wants to see the creature exists. The logical, calculating portion of my mind wrestles with the fact so many credible reports have come for so many generations, yet there's not a wisp of physical evidence to prove such.

So I'm reduced to the assumption that the creature exists in remarkably small number, that perhaps they're on the verge of extinction. I have no other explanation. Such is my philosophy on the subject.

As a new participant on here, am hoping that this bit of input will not be grossly unacceptable.

A dilemma indeed -- or in my perception, possibly a beast with more than just two horns. As set out in the quoted post: so many reported experiences for so long; but so very little that is more than simply anecdotal.

I being someone for whom it's not a given, that "if it can't be physically measured and nailed-down, it's non-existent and out of the question"; the position that I have reached re the above paradox, is that the least improbable explanation is: something paranormal is going on -- who knows what? and we are likely not in a situation such as to be able to find out much more, if anything.

Realise that this is not, here, a popular "take" on the matter -- though more tolerated here, than in certain other quarters; but it seems to be the best that I can do. Folk may ask why, having arrived at this view of the business, I don't just class it as probably-insoluble, and depart from the scene and go and pay attention to more constructive things. Can only say, I find the whole "mysterious potential ape-men worldwide" phenomenon -- whatever might be behind it -- a fascinating one, and enjoy following discussion about it.

As a new participant on here, am hoping that this bit of input will not be grossly unacceptable.

A dilemma indeed -- or in my perception, possibly a beast with more than just two horns. As set out in the quoted post: so many reported experiences for so long; but so very little that is more than simply anecdotal.

I being someone for whom it's not a given, that "if it can't be physically measured and nailed-down, it's non-existent and out of the question"; the position that I have reached re the above paradox, is that the least improbable explanation is: something paranormal is going on -- who knows what? and we are likely not in a situation such as to be able to find out much more, if anything.

Realise that this is not, here, a popular "take" on the matter -- though more tolerated here, than in certain other quarters; but it seems to be the best that I can do. Folk may ask why, having arrived at this view of the business, I don't just class it as probably-insoluble, and depart from the scene and go and pay attention to more constructive things. Can only say, I find the whole "mysterious potential ape-men worldwide" phenomenon -- whatever might be behind it -- a fascinating one, and enjoy following discussion about it.

That may well be the best said sumation of the current situation I've ever read. Thanks for your 2 Cents! :)

Thank you, grayjay, for kind words. Being aware that most people on BFF are basically somewhere on the axis of "it's a purely-flesh-and-blood creature which very certainly exists / it almost certainly does not exist" -- anything in the "paranormal" ballpark, rejected -- I was a bit apprehensive about metaphorical ripping-to-shreds for my post. I appreciate your reaction being otherwise.

This is well said Thady, and you wouldn't be the first to come to this stalemate in conflicting perceptions of the phenomenon. Progress can only come with better evidence for what is happening and with each piece fully tested and carfully fitted to each hypothesis.

Guest Sallaranda

Interesting position that, honestly, I haven't ever considered. Not because I haven't realized it as a possibility, but because I have refused to allow this thought to seep into my mind. Your post; however, has made it nearly impossible for me to ignore this sensible possibility.

In the realm of the paranormal what, exactly, do you think is going on? Is it an illusion that is created by some primitive, ancient aspect of the human psyche? Perhaps a reminder of some terrible beast that we once had to overcome to dominate this Earth? Remnants of fear that have been inherited via our memory from one generation to the next?

Or is this an other-worldly creature? An "alien" of sorts that can come and go as it pleases with relative ease and the ability to remain undetected?

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on your opinion?

Eh, how is it one creature on this entire world is capable of harnessing the metaphysical aspect? Sorry, don't buy into the notion, myself. I know what is and isn't, thank you. If the creature exists, it's flesh and blood.

Eh, how is it one creature on this entire world is capable of harnessing the metaphysical aspect? Sorry, don't buy into the notion, myself. I know what is and isn't, thank you. If the creature exists, it's flesh and blood.

Not asking you or expecting you to "buy into". Most people here, would seem to be at some point on the axis from "they're purely flesh-and-blood creatures, and I've encountered them and know that they are"; to "it's very nearly certain that they don't exist, but if they did, they couldn't be other than purely flesh-and-blood creatures". IMO of course, nothing on that axis, seems to me the most likely explanation; but what do any of us truly know for certain -- as opposed to thinking that we know for certain?

Interesting position that, honestly, I haven't ever considered. Not because I haven't realized it as a possibility, but because I have refused to allow this thought to seep into my mind. Your post; however, has made it nearly impossible for me to ignore this sensible possibility.

In the realm of the paranormal what, exactly, do you think is going on? Is it an illusion that is created by some primitive, ancient aspect of the human psyche? Perhaps a reminder of some terrible beast that we once had to overcome to dominate this Earth? Remnants of fear that have been inherited via our memory from one generation to the next?

Or is this an other-worldly creature? An "alien" of sorts that can come and go as it pleases with relative ease and the ability to remain undetected?

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on your opinion?

What may be going on? – Heaven only knows... Anything that you suggest, plus “various otherâ€... I am one of those with an open mind to the extent that, as some like to say, “a too-open mind can result in one’s brains falling outâ€; but on the other hand, a too-closed one...

There does seem to be an element of – whatever it is – being at times, physically on earth and doing there, at least most of what earthly creatures do; but, per such evidence as has been possible to collect, seemingly not for much of the time. “Coming and going as pleases between dimensions†(“or whateverâ€) – that would account for a lot. Just – “something basically not of this world†strikes me as more likely than either the cryptozoological, or the hard-rational-sceptical “it’s all lies/ hoaxes / misidentifications / hallucinationsâ€, solutions.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

;)

I wonder how many subscribe to my philosophy about Bigfoot.....which is:

I don't think it's very likely that Bigfoot exists, but I do think it would be fascinating if indeed Bigfoot did exist. It's also a lot of fun being out in the wilderness, keeping an eye open for Bigfoot.

Well that's my philosophy regarding Bigfoot ?

What's your's ?

In fact, the proof about the creatures is at the moment, inconclusive, and there are many blurry fotos and hoaxes...but nevertheless, there is some evidence that might be revealing...for example, footprints that were analyzed by scientists and is seems they are "the real thing".

In the mean time, I have a lot of fun reading sightings and myths about "wildmen" and "tropical yetis", and it is amazing that discover that many different cultures have similar legends...lost in the mists of time. I think maybe, at some point of the human adventure, our ancestors have met Bigfoot or some similar creature!!

And I enjoy to share these with many friends of different parts of the world ;)

I have had communication with several friends of the forum, and it is amazing when someone shares with you a sighting. When you find a person that says "I know Bigfoot exists because I saw one". And they are not looking for money or for fame...but to keep their lives private!!

Anyway, there is always the possibility the creature DO exist, and it keeps hidden from us. MY philosophy of Bigfoot, (assumming it exists), it is just an amazing, sentient and intelligent creature trying to do his own business, to survive in the wilderness or to care for their families and kids. For sure, they do not want to be bothered!!

Greetings.

K. Adam.