Winter Bigfoot Wonderland, Huh?

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest lightheart

This is an interesting topic. I feel that the patterns may be quite different in the various regions of the US. I think I might make a chart of FL sightings to see if maybe a pattern emerges. By the way Nathan, you have created a beautiful website with a great deal of information and data. I appreciate the work you are putting in. The sharing of information can certainly benefit us all no matter in which part of country we find ourselves.

Thanks lightheart , much more information and field data to come , just have to correct some internet problems and some other minor tech issues to get the rest of the audio processed and the field trips write-ups completed.   

I hope to have it all done by early November. 

Anyway back onto the topic,   I am also interested in the potential patterns of a few other states like Wisconsin , Maine , Pennsylvania  and northern New York State.  

I hope some other researchers from such areas can comment on this and give their thoughts on movement and winter patterns.

Hi Nathan, I live in Minnesota, and have often wondered about how they survive in the cold. I have found what I think are sasquatch tracks on approx. 7 occasions. Mostly in the spring/summer/fall seasons.

Once snowmobiling with a buddy, we went down a set of railroad tracks on our way home. The snow was 3 - 4 ft. deep, and still coming down. It was around midnight, and we came to a downed power line on the tracks, from the weight of the snow on it. We veered off the tracks into a small clearing in a willow swamp. My buddy took this time to tinker with his sleds carb, while I sat on mine and had a smoke.

I looked around, and saw a set of fresh tracks going across the clearing at an angle, and one of them was right next to my sled. I assumed it was made by a deer we had scared, judging by the distance between strides (about 6 ft.), I leaned over and shined my lighter in the track next to my snowmobile.

At the bottom, I was surprised to see a large human shaped track, including toe impressions. I had my buddy look at it, and his reply was it was a snowmobile boot print. His explanation of the toe impressions was the ribbing you find going down the toes of some boots. I knew that wasn't a good enough explanation, as the ribs wouldn't leave that big or pronounced impression.

Also it didn't account for the length between strides, with very little to no drag in the deep snow. We were in the middle of nowhere, at least 2 or 3 miles from any road, in the middle of a snow storm, at around midnight. We hadn't seen any other tracks on our whole trip down the railroad tracks, until we veered off into the swamp.

What was most interesting about the tracks, is they sank all the way to the bottom, and looked like they had generated enough heat to melt the snow at the bottom so you could see the grass at the bottom.

You could also see the ice forming around the edges, where it was re-freezing. These were fresh tracks, and due to the snow falling, would be filled in a matter of minutes.

Therefore I believe a sasquatch has a higher body temperature than humans, much like a dog or horse who don't seem to be bothered by winter temps., as long as they are acclimated to it gradually.

• Upvote 1

"Each footprint appeared to be about 5 feet apart and he had to leap to the next one as his stride wasn’t even close." 

"Also, whoever had made the track would have had to have been a terrific athlete to leap 5 feet, one leg at a time, uphill at an angle at an altitude of 7500 feet. He then realized that it could possibly be a sasquatch."

Don't think that one needs much interpretation.

Well yes, it does. If the foot prints "appeared to be about 5' apart", then the Bigfoot's stride would have been about ten feet. Just so you know.

Very interesting Abe,  being large comes with benefits such as higher blood volume witch makes one more resistant to the cold.

Also shear mass movement produces heat. 

I now think they are more bothered by extremes in heat than our cold winters. I think they will hole up in deep gullys near water, where the sun doesn't penetrate much to escape the heat, and move around at night when it's cooler.

In the winter I think you are right, they go where humans are less likely to be found, deep swamps and pine forests, to survive on deer and small game. Except for the ones that like to raid farms for feed and dumpsters etc. These may be young bachelors, given the boot from their family turf.

Well yes, it does. If the foot prints "appeared to be about 5' apart", then the Bigfoot's stride would have been about ten feet. Just so you know.

Fine.  "Step."

Doesn't sound like a guy on snowshoes, does it?  Let's not miss forest for trees here.

Fine.  "Step."

Doesn't sound like a guy on snowshoes, does it?  Let's not miss forest for trees here.

No, of course not. I didn't miss or misstate anything.

Geezh!  Can't tell the players at BFRO without a passel o' scorecards now!   Here I thought the site was finally clean as a whistle again.

Oh.  As Branco corrected me:  it's a five-foot STEP.  A TEN-foot stride.  A good 'un...when you can, um, get to it...

I think that snow kind of levels the playing field for locating these guys and gals, I know that I will be doing more research knowing the difficulty of hiding prints come first snow. I have some places in mind that already have had sightings and where I think they will be found. I hope to post some real track way evidence this winter, last winter I was just getting my head around this, and came to terms with the possibility of them living close by, in July I believe my yard was actually visited by a Mom and kid, and they were around for at least 8 days, I suspected activity after that, but there really was no definitive proof. I will be sharing that info on Urban Bigfoot, Seriously thread, and here. As well as my friends at the habituation sight. I know that some on the Urban Bigfoot thread have gotten tired of my lack of evidence, I will not make that mistake here, so posts will be few and far between, and I will try to supply the thread with real evidence.

What I can say here is that I have seen a real fall off in any hint of activity as of late in my marsh, even the coyotes seem to be absent. Well I have been out in the surrounding areas looking for possible haunts, and have some ideas, but I need to get out in the night to prove them....still have not made that jump....to actually spend some time between 11pm-5am, that will take some doing, not sure when or how to begin such an investigation..

• 3 weeks later...