What If.......

What if we disposed of he pro/con opinions and arguments regarding kill/no kill for the sake of discussion, and asked the question:

"If a body were the only way proof could ever be obtained, what would be the single best method to employ to guarantee success, if money were no object?"

I believe if you pick a very remote, but likely to contain BF area, of the PNW, and deploy several four man teams of military trained recon personnel to mountaintops by helicopter into that area, with overlapping areas of observation for each team (say 4 four man teams), you might have success. The teams would consist of a 2 man Sniper/Spotter unit and a 2 man Recovery/Security unit each, armed with appropriate night vision, thermal, spotting scopes, and standard rifles and side-arms.

The teams would function in the manner LRRP teams functioned along the Ho Chi Minh trail in Viet Nam. They would eastablish an observation point, with maximun cover and concealment, and maintain 24 hour observation of the area in a rotating shift. Helicopter crews, with a separate, well armed, 4 man team of operators, would remain on standby at another location ready to deploy to the site of a downed BF at a moments notice for recovery and exfiltration with the body. They could rappel into the woods and secure the body if no landing area were close by. Properly prepared, these teams could stay in place for 2 weeks or longer at a time with minimal movement, thereby reducing the chance of alerting anyone of their presence. The area chosen would need to be extremely remote to reduce the chances of anyone else (hikers/ campers/hunters) being in the area.

Please understand, I am only dealing in a "what if" scenario, and not advocating anything. I am just interested in opinions on whether anyone thinks this would work?

Hello Space Cowboy,

There are numerous senarios similar, with variations, on your theme. Your idea bears considering and is the first I've sen that would have multi-point observing stations. For me? I say if there is a major fire then stake out the perimeter with tranq guns, really good video equipment, and first aid. I'm still digging in on the California fire for animal sightings. Still seems a bit too quiet over there. Almost like no one's talking.

Edited by hiflier

Hifier,  US Army LRRPS used this multi team technique to gain intel on NVA troop movements along the Ho Chi Minh trail in VietNam. It was highly effective on an enemy who knew the terrain, was able to blend into his surroundings, and moved mainly at night. I thought it was a perfect technique to consider in these similar circumstances.

The idea of using tranq guns eliminates the distance I feel is needed to "bag" one of the big guys. I feel like a distance of 500-1000 yards would be necessary to take a shot on an unwary BF. This could be accomplished by emplacement on hilltops and observing valleys and tails and streams below. Having multiple teams viewing a single target area from different vantage points at long distances is possible with today's technology and a trained marksman making the shot with a weapon of sufficient caliber at that distance.

Hello Space Cowboy,

I would have to agree with you on that. Let's consider this for a moment though. It hasn't been done yet. Why? Is it because it is believed to not exist? Or is it because it is already known to? More and more I'm becoming convinced of the latter.

Now it's already been decades gone by since Bluff Creek. So waiting a little longer won't really matter will it? That's why i say getting a team ready for targeting the next big fire in a Sasquatch-type habitat is worth looking into. Personally I think there's a clamp-down on info coming out in the aftermath of the California Rim fire even to include Nevada. That would be Dr. Meldrum's jurisdiction. I think someone should simply ask him about it.

Edited by hiflier

My opinion is that if someone was fortunate enough or possibly unlucky enough to shoot one in a very remote location, they'd stand a good chance of not getting out of there alive.  Just my opinion, but they are big, powerful and fast when they want to be.  They can also throw objects with precise accuracy. 

I will have to search for the link to it, but there is a story out of the 1800's where about a dozen men were searching for an escaped slave in the deep south (I think possibly Georgia).  They stumbled onto a group of Bigfoot and one man shot one.  The Bigfoot attacked ripping men and guns to pieces.  Out of the 12 men, only one escaped alive.  He brought back a group of men who found and buried what was left of them. 

For the most part, I think they choose to be passive and avoid us.  That doesn't mean they will remain that way when their family members are threatened with harm.  Again, just my opinion...

Hello Midnight Owl,

John Green's database shows exactly what you are saying. There is good evidence for family structures.

Edited by hiflier

Midnight Owl, your reasoning is exactly why I structured my idea the way I did. The "shooters" would be at extreme distance (500-1000 yards or more), the snipers could "cover" the extraction team members during recovery of a body (from multiple vantage points), and up to four heavily armed highly trained men "on the ground" would be needed for the helicopter reaction teams. . All of this is why I specified "military trained" personnel. It's an absolute must.

Hiflier,

I have no basis for opinion either way on that possibility. The Mt St Helens eruption story of the burned and injured sasquatch being taken away after being ministered to by a female NA medic does not ring true to me. Some of the stories of military sightings on bases out west do however. I just don't know either way. I just can't come up with a good enough plausible reason for the govt to cover it up for this long. When you compare the conspiracy stories of UFO cover-ups, there's at least a plausible reason why they would in my opinion. I dont think that reasoning applies to BF.

Hello Space Cowboy,

Man I love that name! I understand what you are saying. And reasons other than economic or recreational or developmental leave me at a loss to explain away any cover-ups as well. It wouldn't be a cover-up in the traditional sense as much as doing and saying nothing. I mean has anyone ever actually asked somebody in authority point blank if Sasquatch exists? If they have I don't know about it. Trust me though I really am working on some avenues to pursue in the matter but I think one only gets one chance to pop such a question as that so I'm trying to be careful.  

SSR Team

It's the " imaging that money was no object " part that is the problem with a lot of these threads, as money is ALWAYS an issue.

My opinion is that if someone was fortunate enough or possibly unlucky enough to shoot one in a very remote location, they'd stand a good chance of not getting out of there alive.  Just my opinion, but they are big, powerful and fast when they want to be.  They can also throw objects with precise accuracy. 

I will have to search for the link to it, but there is a story out of the 1800's where about a dozen men were searching for an escaped slave in the deep south (I think possibly Georgia).  They stumbled onto a group of Bigfoot and one man shot one.  The Bigfoot attacked ripping men and guns to pieces.  Out of the 12 men, only one escaped alive.  He brought back a group of men who found and buried what was left of them. 

For the most part, I think they choose to be passive and avoid us.  That doesn't mean they will remain that way when their family members are threatened with harm.  Again, just my opinion...

Agree with this view. I've thought about this in terms of the high profile Justin Smeja 'shooting'. IF Smeja was telling the truth then one would think that he was pretty fortunate he had his truck nearby.

All I can say about this is:  go over to the NAWAC field research thread.

If "money were no object" (what, has Ted Turner spent it all?  Where is he when you need him?), sure, the OP idea is one that could work.  But for now, NAWAC is coming closest to it, and money is certainly an obstacle for citizen researchers.

Which is all we're going to get for the foreseeable future, barring an intervention or event no one can foresee today.

Guest Cervelo

Mark,

Interesting....if true my take was the complete opposite!

I felt like the smeja story kinda blew the whole family unit, big bad alpha will kick your butt...out the window.

He shot one that ran off abandoning the two young ones and then pretty much hunted them down and killed one.

Nobody came to their rescue....

Then just this past year Smeja returns to the site and sacks out, snoring no less....so much for biggie retribution.

Then there is NAWAC 13 years of biggie returning to be shot at....okey dokey them there some mighty scary critters, smart too!

Edited by Cervelo

I added the "money no object" phrase to open up the discussion and just stimulate ideas and and thinking.. I definitely realize the monetary limitations on independent researchers. If my idea were to be adopted for use, what do you think the cost for a two week operation to be? If you include the cost of equipment, and some sort of reasonable pay for the individuals involved, I still think it could be done for 250k-500k. Maybe I should look into the numbers and get an actual dollar figure.

My intention was initially to just remove money from the equation and discuss the idea as a whole.