A Little Help/analysis Please...

I have been a member on this site a very short time, but have enjoyed the interactions I have had with others here, and gained a huge amount of respect for site itself generally, and the knowledge and curiosity of the members specifically, in that time.

I have been interested in Bigfoot since the mid-70's, and have been compiling data on West Virginia sightings for about 15 years now. I recently happened on a series of incidents in a very remote region of southern West Virginia that have been ongoing since the 1950's, that contain traits I haven't encountered before. I would like to recount this information here now, and ask if anyone else has ever come across anything similar.

There is an entire community of people (I won't give the exact location details yet) living in a very isolated and rural region of West Virginia, who are absolutely convinced that there is something living in the area they can't explain.

The creature/s are bipedal, averaging 6-6 1/2 feet tall, and man shaped, but with long white hair covering the body. It has been observed at night in brief instances and is heard on a regular basis. It is reported to "scream" in a "woman's voice" and has attacked and killed numerous large animals (horses,cows, goats, and smaller) over the years. The method of killing is to leap on the animals back and "ride it down until it's dead". It has reportedly left claw marks on the sides and back of these dead animals. When I asked if any flesh was eaten or missing, I was told "no".

The locals stay inside at night and restrict their children and pets to indoors as well, due to fear of this creature. There are supposedly quite a few people who have seen it, but no one will talk to me. I have made one contact, who told me this story, but everyone else I approach will NOT discuss it. Most rural West Virginian's are wary and suspicious of "outsiders", but I was born and raised here. It's all very strange.

I have seen a large cat (Cougar/Mountain Lion) in this same county myself, so I KNOW they're here (despite DNR denials) and it was my first suspicion. Yet the local contact I have made insists this is NOT the case.

The locals call this creature a "Womanig". I've never heard the term, or anything like it, despite living in the state my whole life.

I am continuing my efforts to get an eyewitness to talk to me, so far without success. I cannot find any literature or report similar to the details reported here. I did speak to someone years ago who had a BF sighting about 10 miles from here in about 2001-03. He was a night security man at an idled coal mine. His story has never been reported to anyone other than to me.

This area is close to a large body of water, is extremely isolated, and sparsely populated. It's typical in geographic features and flora and fauna to the rest of southern West Virginia.  It's probably 60 or more miles of mountain two lane roads in any direction to a four lane highway.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar?

Well that's a new wrinkle. So they kill these animals but don't consume them? Killing just for the joy of it, then? That seems like a purely human trait (and I say that as a hunter), but if they are so closely related to us (BF) then it certainly sounds plausible. Perhaps a BF right of passage? Or maybe just to make a statement of what they think about Man's encroachment in their woods? 

Perhaps Branco might have some insights? I don't think that's his research area, but I know he believes there are at least three BF species/sub species.

And yeah, I have to also think it could be a form of saddistic human ritual, given the size of the animal (human size).

I can't blame the locals for not talking. And man, this site is no end of what the ?? entertainment!

Guest crabshack

Yes, some of us think they sometimes kill just for fun, plenty of reports some recent involving humans having their heads ripped off, and cows and horses having their necks broken.

Crabshack, where were these reports uh you know the heads being ripped off of people?

Second that, where where where??

My interpretation of BF is that they are like big biker like dudes, with some Neandertal thrown in. So in that vein of thought, they would jump on animals to ride them 'just for fun'. But there may be many reasons, killing something that just stands around because they are not expert wild animal killers yet. It may be 'training' or practice of a sort.

Space Cowboy , I recommend you keep the area to your self or only share with a few select hardcore researchers in your area. 

I recommend you contact Monongahela , he is and audio expert / serious field researcher and is very knowledgeable of your area and it's history.

The fact that this behavior has been ongoing for so long is an indicator that a family or group of whatever is in this area (if the reports are true). Does this indicate a territorial nature? The last animal killing was relayed to me as happening in the early 1990's. The screaming and brief glimpses/sightings are ongoing however. The only color creature my source has ever heard of being seen is white. This flies in the face of the hair color changing over time with age doesn't it?

I am really flummoxed by these reported incidents. They don't seem to fit any other reports.

There have been white bigfoot reports, and all other hair colors commonly found with humans including auburn. The jumping on animals backs is a new one on me though, aside from perhaps catching a deer and snapping it's leg and neck, and typically taking some internal organs. The female human screams I've heard and recorded. Perhaps behaviors change a bit with the environment or from clan to clan.

southernyahoo, in your opinion, do you think the descriptions I've relayed indicate a BF/Sasquatch? If so, I may have stumbled onto a unique area to research. Most of the people here are very poor, and not very technically adept, so I doubt any game cameras have ever been employed into this particular area.

NathanFooter, Thanks for the advice. I have no intention of revealing exact location until I gather more info at least.

The human female screams is typical, some think they are just large cat screams or owls. A large hairy manlike form hiding in the woods and having anything to do with killing large animals with no weapons would fit most BF criteria.  I think I'd just find a spot to camp in the area, record all sounds and observed activity in the area. Go low tech at first, don't over spend on time and gadgets. Carry protection.

Guest crabshack

A deer hunter in McCurtain Co a few years ago that was found with his head separated from the rest of his body, torn off was the words of the OHP trooper.

another,

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/31694-sasquatch-kills-hunter/

not sure if the rest of the body was found but this was talked about on here,

http://www.vaildaily.com/news/7637824-113/eagle-county-cross-hiker

and I think a yeti attack, she was not robbed or rapped

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165297/Debbie-Maveau-23-decapitated-hiking-Himalayan-mountains-Nepal.html

lots of Indian stories of this, you can search the web

edited because Canada is just too cool,

http://raven-talesoftheweird.blogspot.com/2011/02/valley-of-headless-men.html

Edited by crabshack

Well, one was a hunter that shot/maybe killed one, and what happened was what was predicted here a hundred times. Payback. The other guy with him was left alone. Some sight, Jezebel!

-The Canadian one is pure territorialism so humans don't take over that area with hot-springs etc.

-Holy Cross wilderness, could have been a dead hiker who died from natural causes. Not enough info though.

-Didn't get to the others, but this is not BF 'having fun', so far. Well, it probably is fun for them, but....

-Basicly, if you shoot a BF he may attack you, and or his friends will, don't shoot the BF! All the head-pops seem to be shooting related.

Edited by Wag