What About Sasquatch Nose Shape?

hiflier

hiflier,

As a bit of a artist, when I read John's book years ago, I recall gettin' the general impression the nose was broad an lackin' the bridge.  

Pat...

Hello PBeaton,

I only read it first time about a month back and you are correct; large flat noses were the only thing noted. That was in or before 1978 as that is the year the book came out. Since that time though, Mr. Green had amassed another 2,700 or so reports which 16 reported Small Noses, and 10 reported Human Noses, which together account for about one third of the 75 sightings with a nose shape in the report.

Thought it was interesting enough to talk about because until I worked on the database I too wasn't aware of anything but the wide flat ones. I had often wondered if Sasquatch were all the same or not so it made me wonder when I read there were different faces and noses. The differences seemed to be more than just maybe normal variations like Humans have. Even our variations in a general sense can indicate separate origins.

hiflier,

It's tricky, because a broad flat nose could also represent a human like nose, just as a bridgeless nose could be describe a small nose.

For me, it's when folks describe them human like, could it be based on them bein' bipedal an upright like us, structurally quite similar. When at the same time, you take the shear size, hair cover, etc. that would be more apelike. We describe based on what we best associate things with.

I've always thought it would be cool to have a site that witnesses could put together what they've seen by reference images. Head shape images, different eyes, noses, mouths etc. I think that would be the cats meow when it comes to descriptions from witnesses. 

Good luck with things just the same.

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton

Hello PBeaton,

My thanks. You made some good points which is what this thread is for. And it could very well be that a set of images as a stand-in for a sketch artist might help. Especially if a session could happen soon after an encounter? Brainstorming the attributes given Sasquatch in JG's database is, in truth, all I personally have to go on as far as the creature is concerned. Using the sheer number of similar attributes as a base for different ways to attack the problem of proof is the point I'm trying to get across when opportunity allows.

I mean we've got this enormous pile of information and I'm trying to figure out a way to use it to advantage by first creating discussion threads on the different aspects of the animal. It's been interesting to see what folks have to say. There's more to find out what the information is telling us but so far in my rather inept way I can only pick small items out at a time. The whole picture is simply too large for one person. Someday perhaps we'll look back and see that the answer was in front of us the whole time but we just weren't used to dealing with so much data in one swipe. We'll see. Thanks for the input.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

There is nothing that would surprise me about the shape of sasquatch noses - just like their eye color - varying over a range similar to that observed in humans.

Of course, there could be more than one species accounting for the variations, something we aren't going to know, it appears, for some time yet.

Well here is a quote from my report:

"a lying flat nose without many discernible features – there was even some hair there in the middle of the face"

yea I really did not notice much due to the face having hair pretty much everyplace.  And it was a stare-off encounter so I was able to note facial features, 25 yards though- not super close...

SSR Team

Hiflier, I can't remember the nose in enough detail to be able to give you an accurate description of what I saw, sorry.

I know how " into " noses you are getting but I'm afraid I can't be sure if my description would be completely accurate any more, were talking about 20 years now and since then I discovered alcohol which has done damage to the memory, I'm convinced of it..;)

• Upvote 1

Hello brent michalycia,

I actually agree. That kind of detail would be a remarkable thing to remember amid the shock. One would think that if it was a Human, perhaps slender looking one that it would register as opposed to one looking more broad. The broader one would, IMHO, might simply blend with the face more.

@ BobbyO,

It's not that I'm into noses per se. It is just one small aspect of a puzzle which is made up of more than several parts. I'm attempting to go through each characteristic one at a time to see what plays out. If the three different nose shapes, three primary hair colors, face shapes, bare skin color, eye shape and color all point to three different types of animal then it just may get us closer to the nature of things.

One should have a goal in mind I think when doing this kind of analysis. The different factors or attributes may support three kinds of Sasquatch or they may not. How else is one going to determine such things? I think having a picture, or hypothesis if you will, or even research someone else's hypothesis (which is really what I'm doing) helps in giving the data some kind of form. If physical descriptions are such that ANY hypotheses need to be tossed out then so be it. It's been difficult to pick a starting point so the three species hypothesis has at least got the ball rolling.

By the way I found alchohol myself in a serious way for a while until a great friend and Human showed me the door out of the haze 13 years ago. Not a drop since. Best thing that ever happened to me. Truth.

Edited by hiflier

Guest uprightchimp

well, the bigfoot will tend to have a more "hominid" looking nose on the average & not so flat as most gorillas, although some have been seen with such noses, form what I've read before.

Hello uprightchimp,

Guess it time to start taking the nose stuff in the database and do some comparative matching with hair color, face shape, eyecolor, general size, and seasonal locales. Maybe there will be overlaps or correlating evidence to show different Sasquatch types. Maybe not. That what research is all about. Discovering links, if there are any to be discovered. Somewhere in the mountain of data there is a lynchpin. Finding it is where the work is. Remaing positive is part of the process that helps keep things moving.

Edited by hiflier

Hello brent michalycia,

LOL, dang is right! It actually is fun to some extent. Having a goal in mind helps a lot too.

@Wag,

Wow, thanks. How the heck did you find that? It would seem that the artist is pretty focused IMHO. AND that some witnesses do see a nose shape when their account has a chance to get at the minute details. The sketches presented are dramatic to say the least.