The Oldest Dna Evidence Yet Of Humans With An Interesting Twist

NathanFooter

And I don't want to hear about claims about a giant ape living across the continent until a body is brought.

That is denial of existing evidence. Which when coupled with silence from the majority of the scientific community, acts as a lid to stifle further investigation.

Of course that is obviously by design and serves the purposes of the establishment defenders and their control mechanism.

At least the scientists are getting paid. What's your motivation, Jerry? 

That is denial of existing evidence. Which when coupled with silence from the majority of the scientific community, acts as a lid to stifle further investigation.

Evidence must be followed up, especially when it comes to confirming a species. If there's an ape with a continental distribution then it should have been confirmed long ago. You can still do it, and you don't need help from the evil scientists.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Evidence must be followed up, especially when it comes to confirming a species.

Yes, from a scientific perspective it does need to be followed up. That was my point.

You can still do it, and you don't need help from the evil scientists.

I don't need to do it, Jerry.

Yes, from a scientific perspective it does need to be followed up. That was my point.

And it's the proponents job to do it.

My point was that, proponents keep harping on "evidence" but keep failing to bring in the body.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

The word science comes from the Latin word "scientia",  meaning knowledge.

So the definition of science is "knowledge" and its purpose is to collect systematized knowledge derived from observation, study, and experimentation.

That is the only thing you should be a "proponent" of if you are a true Scientist. Because if you're allowing personal beliefs or non-beliefs to deter you from even beginning to observe, study and experiment in the first place, then you're not a true Scientist. You're just another mercenary whose primary motivation is money, not collecting knowledge. And as a result they are no longer objective or unbiased.

Again, at least the scientists are getting paid. What's your motivation, Jerry?

Motivation for what? I'm not telling anybody they shouldn't be looking for bigfoot. I'm just pointing out that they continue to fail to bring in a specimen and yet ironically talk about the "silence" of scientists and bigfoot evidence.

So anyway, your self-righteous rant doesn't address anything.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Motivation for what?

For being an establishment defender.

I'm not telling anybody they shouldn't be looking for bigfoot.

You just clearly said otherwise upthread, Jerry.

For being an establishment defender.

A cute label for anybody would doesn't buy into your conspiracy theories.

You just clearly said otherwise upthread, Jerry.

Nope.

Nope.

"And it's the proponents job to do it." - Jerrymanderer

Exactly which "conspiracy theories" are you referring to, Jerry?

Edited by LarryP
3 B

The word science comes from the Latin word "scientia",  meaning knowledge.

So the definition of science is "knowledge" and its purpose is to collect systematized knowledge derived from observation, study, and experimentation.

That is the only thing you should be a "proponent" of if you are a true Scientist. Because if you're allowing personal beliefs or non-beliefs to deter you from even beginning to observe, study and experiment in the first place, then you're not a true Scientist. You're just another mercenary whose primary motivation is money, not collecting knowledge. And as a result they are no longer objective or unbiased.

Again, at least the scientists are getting paid. What's your motivation, Jerry?

Lazy people love cheap labor.  And Jmander is working for these lazy people, overtime for free.  Wow!

I have come to believe that many if not most scientists really don't merit the honor of being called that.  They know how to play within the rules of their disciplines.  But they honestly don't have good grasp of Science, the discipline.  I have read bigfoot denialists with lots of initials after their names insist that there should be proof before the topic is even taken seriously, probably the biggest misapprehension of what a scientist is supposed to think that I have ever read.  I'm more of a scientist than that.  In fact, except for all those pesky courses I had no intention of taking back in college because beer is cheap, time is not, and life is short, I am a scientist, and bigfoot denialists aren't.  No matter what their training, they simply don't understand how a true scientist looks at evidence.

I agree:  if you are anything but a proponent of full-time funded research into the sasquatch question, it's really difficult for me to take you seriously as a scientist.  Maybe within the narrow technical confines of your degree, but with a grain of salt even then.  Because a huge and consistent body of evidence both makes the case for the animal and highlights the almost total absence of pursuit of the truth, and if you're ignoring that...what else are you ignoring...?

I mean, look at this thread.  What we are seeing here is the basic working understanding of the paleoanthropologist being brought into very serious question by new finds in the field.  And by something that, I don't know about you, but I grasped it instantly, and a lot of them still don't:  any intellectual model that says history consists only of what we've dug out of the ground so far is, ya know, flawed.

What should happen is that folks like me make the big bucks, and hire all those weenies who had the spirit of inquiry squashed out of their brains by all that math to crunch my numbers for me while I do the thinking.  Wait.  I like that.

And Jerrymander can defend me endlessly, online, for free.

I really like that.

I should have added, about the mercenary thing:  that is scientists' fault.  So I don't want to hear them complain about the need to make a living.  They are supposed to lead us into the unknown, not follow corporate dollars through thoroughly-charted waters.  I mean, if they want to do the latter, fine, but I consider everything they say corrupted before it leaves their mouths.

I have read bigfoot denialists with lots of initials after their names insist that there should be proof before the topic is even taken seriously, probably the biggest misapprehension of what a scientist is supposed to think that I have ever read.

They're just making sure that their nest egg grows.

After al, all those initials cost them a lot of coin.

But according to Jerry, that's very "self-righteous" of me to mention.

"And it's the proponents job to do it." - Jerrymanderer

Well yeah. The people who believe there's a bigfoot out there have to bring it in to prove it.

BTW when are you going to scold DWA for dismissing UFOs?

Never have figured out why it's self-righteous to question authority.  Particularly when the authority sounds so completely ignorant on a particular topic.

Well yeah. The people who believe there's a bigfoot out there have to bring it in to prove it.

BTW when are you going to scold DWA for dismissing UFOs?

I don't dismiss them.  People see objects in the sky that they can't identify all the time.  What's the evidence that those are alien spacecraft?  How can science pursue the possibility?  You say the government is covering it up?  OK, read about the Minaret Skull.  I'm more prepared to believe that happened.  But evidence, any time you're ready.

Tell that to Jeffery Meldrum.

Meldrum's a true scientist.  No need to tell him.

I don't dismiss them.  People see objects in the sky that they can't identify all the time.  What's the evidence that those are alien spacecraft?  How can science pursue the possibility?  You say the government is covering it up?  OK, read about the Minaret Skull.  I'm more prepared to believe that happened.  But evidence, any time you're ready.

Larry's the one who believes in that. Not me. So ask him.

Meldrum's a true scientist. 

and thousands of others.

Edited by Jerrymanderer