The Oldest Dna Evidence Yet Of Humans With An Interesting Twist

NathanFooter

I thought the information about the  "unknown" contributor of DNA in the lineage of the lady's toe bone, and the apparently incestfull parentage were interesting in and and of itself, as it would be great to recover a fossil of the unknown ancestor and see what its bones could tell us, Sasquatch wise or otherwise. And I know it is wrong to extrapolate very much from a single toe bone, but I thought incest was one of the earliest cultural and species taboos. But not knowing anything of the circumstances of the woman and her parents it isn't right to opine on that. But the researchers brought it up themselves, opening that can of worms. Who knows, maybe they were the only two interbreedable members of their species left on earth at the time. And maybe the toe bone was from the last member of the species. Off topic though, I am still waiting for the next Albert Einstein to come along and roil up our perception of reality again. Fascinating that with all our advance teaching and research methods, facilities and monies that no one has risen and stood or stands in his place. Or maybe we were just lucky that circumstances and DNA, culture and luck gave us Albert.

t

I am still waiting for the next Albert Einstein to come along and roil up our perception of reality again. Fascinating that with all our advance teaching and research methods, facilities and monies that no one has risen and stood or stands in his place. Or maybe we were just lucky that circumstances and DNA, culture and luck gave us Albert.

That person was here when Einstein was still here and his name was Nikola Tesla.

So, along with Larry, your main interest in this topic is so you can say, look science got something wrong?  Therefore Bigfoot....?

No, we just take an intelligent approach:

Why trust people who are doing no homework when yours tells you that?

I  am still waiting for the next Albert Einstein to come along and roil up our perception of reality again.

Scientific advancements are usually more complex than "lone geniuses".

Right, Jmand, that's what I mean.  They just ask all these questions I would expect from elementary school kids rather than simply addressing themselves to the evidence.  They think there isn't anybody cogitating out there, and sad to say, much supports that notion, but some of us are.

And it's really really obvious that they're pulling stuff out of the air to avoid having to deal with "...where have you been on this???"

Right, Jmand, that's what I mean.  They just ask all these questions I would expect from elementary school kids rather than simply addressing themselves to the evidence.  They think there isn't anybody cogitating out there, and sad to say, much supports that notion, but some of us are.

And it's really really obvious that they're pulling stuff out of the air to avoid having to deal with "...where have you been on this???"

Clearly you didn't understand what I meant.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

That person was here when Einstein was still here and his name was Nikola Tesla

Then you know who said this.

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes."

Exactly, Jman, now you are getting there!  The scientific man, i.e., Jeff Meldrum, is laboring for the future, when...well, in the words of Max Planck:

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. - Max Planck

That's the generation Meldrum is working for; that silly 'consensus' is just concerned with paychecks, being the 'expert,' and tenure.

Nice job!

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

I think I've seen that.   I don't see anything too shocking with the published findings.   Knowing us, how else would our ancestors be?

Side note: I'm not familiar with "Ancient Origins."   Is this a reputable source? 

MIB

How many times does this field need to be pounded over the head with how little it knows before it abandons its knee-jerk tendency to greet each tiny scrap of additional information with "This Is The New Answer"?

How many times do you need it pounded over your head that scientists do not think they know everything nor are new discoveries "the end'" for them.

Guest thermalman

How many times does this field need to be pounded over the head with how little it knows before it abandons its knee-jerk tendency to greet each tiny scrap of additional information with "This Is The New Answer"?

You and many others jumped at the Olympic thermal "This is the New Answer!"...."head and shoulders of BF", despite many other rational and evidential explanations. You cannot deny that, otherwise you'd be in contradiction with your postings......again!

^^^The day you show me Contradiction One, well, ...it'll probably not be one, but OK.

No one has shown a rational alternative to what a lot of people well-informed on this subject think that thermal could be.  "Beheaded cow" ain't it.  Hintsky.

But some seem to have an inordinate amount of investment in guillotines, I, er, mean, cows.

BACK ON TOPIC!