The Upside Down Tree

If you have a copy of the National Audobon Society Field Guide to North American Mammals look at page 650. It says muskrat leave "piles of clamshells sometimes at feeding sites in freshwater areas".

I made a post here somewhere about once seeing several very large piles of mussel shells along the bank of a small creek. I didn't think much of it, figuring racoons were doing it, but I did think the large piles were very odd and rather organized for animals to have done. And that was very near Tyler Tx.

Upside%252520Down%252520Trees%252520%252521%252521%252521%252521%2525208-24-2011%25252012-46-12%252520PM%2525203264x2448_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

These trees are so huge, that I doubt bigfoots were responsible. Maybe BF makes some and humans do others since BFs have human like qualities so the motivation is the same. These trees are in Atlin, BC.

Atlin is a small isolated community in the NW corner of British Columbia, on the traditional lands of the Taku River Tlingits. Glacial-fed Atlin Lake is 4 miles wide and 85 miles long, in a wide wilderness valley surrounded by snowcapped mountains. Atlin is a 2 or 3 hour drive from Whitehorse Yukon, the capital of the Yukon with . Current population is up to 400 full-time residents. During the Klondyke Gold Rush of 1898, the population was 10,000! Many buildings from that era still remain.

What made this?

Along the shoreline here are upside forests; stands of cedar trees that have been stuck upside down in the lake with their short, twisted roots reaching for the sky. No doubt an aspired artist created these natural sculptures.

The trail begins to swing away from the lake at Mile 0.7 into a forest of cedar and white birch and quickly reaches a junction with a display map and bench. Head west (left) to follow the second half of the loop that remains totally in the woods and at one point uses a series of logs to keep you out of the mud. The trail arrives at post No. 4 at Mile 1.4 where you head left to quickly return at the boat launch.

UpsideDownTrees.jpg

• 11 months later...

I'm satisfied that the AK trees are "unresolved."

• The sign of human activity required to do that would last on that kind of ground a very long time.
  • No sign of any of the equipment (chains or other lifting or securement) applied to the tree.
  • Ample evidence of helicopter-logging "dropped turns" ...that never go in plumb vertical.
  • The Native elder's invocation of an animal ("gorillas") instead of a native legend...and the extreme unlikelihood of any invocation at all but "logger jokesters" to explain something people did.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but here is the video mentioned in this thread if anyone is curious. It is clear that many inverted trees have a logical explanation, but the fact that there have been alleged reports of these for decades gives pause that some of these trees may have another explanation.

The tree segment starts at about 5:45:

https://youtu.be/0Rui4l0s-eA

Edited by Scarecrow

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but here is the video mentioned in this thread if anyone is curious. It is clear that many inverted trees have a logical explanation, but the fact that there have been alleged reports of these for decades gives pause that some of these trees may have another explanation.

The tree segment starts at about 5:45:

https://youtu.be/0Rui4l0s-eA

Don't worry, it only seems to freak out a couple posters here.

Besides, there's a lot of really good stuff on former threads that just faded out, but for some of us, the posts and subsequent information and thought sharing are new.

I'd heard of these things, and oddities such as this sure gives one food for thought.