Does Bigfoot Exist?

^^ WV Footer, that tells you nothing more than the alleged creatures are just shy and really good at leaving no evidence behind? Despite being reported dumpster diving, banging on the side of residences, etc? The far more likely fact is that they do not exist, not that they somehow leave behind no evidence whatsoever. 

BFF Patron

The argument for Bigfoot loses validity every day when thousands of people report seeing one, yet not a single shred of objective evidence can be produced.

You seem to be discounting footprint evidence and Dr Meldrums contention that many of them are genuine and not human. Many sightings have accompanying footprints. I might believe your analysis of the footprint data and accept disagreement as to origin if you had a background equivalent to his. Until or unless you do, I would accept his evaluation of footprint evidence over your judgment that evidence does not exist.

• Upvote 1

You seem to be discounting footprint evidence and Dr Meldrums contention that many of them are genuine and not human. Many sightings have accompanying footprints. I might believe your analysis of the footprint data and accept disagreement as to origin if you had a background equivalent to his. Until or unless you do, I would accept his evaluation of footprint evidence over your judgment that evidence does not exist.

Anyone trying to claim that hoaxers are responsible for all of the many documented sightings that were also accompanied by footprints has lost their judgement.

Never said that hoaxers were responsible for all the documented sightings that were also accompanied by footprints. I would also include misidentified tracks of common animals. 

No hiflier, I do not. You are omitting several sources such as misidentified animals, misidentified tree stumps, rocks and other inanimate objects. And, of course, we can never rule out hallucinations brought on by whatever source be it substance or clinical. 

• Upvote 1

No hiflier, I do not. You are omitting several sources such as misidentified animals, misidentified tree stumps, rocks and other inanimate objects. And, of course, we can never rule out hallucinations brought on by whatever source be it substance or clinical. 

You forgot rootballs.....

Hello dmaker,

Yeah, thought not. Ah well. What about Oppossums? They're not very big granted but they've mananaged to get a lot of press around here lately. They're pretty.........

DANG dropped the keyboard! Pretty harmless is what I meant.

Edited by hiflier

You forgot rootballs.....

That would most likely fall under " other inanimate objects"...as I mentioned.

Hello hiflier, 

Are you asking me if I believe that opossums exist? Well of course I do. I have seen a few myself from time to time. If you are asking me if I have any opinion on them of any sort? Well slightly off topic, but I think they are ugly little critters but other than that never really gave them much thought. 

I've said this before, but I think it boils down to 2 possibilities:

1) Sasquatches are not mere animals but rather something way above us; be it intelligence, stealth, or the grand ecosystem.

or

2) They do not exist. 100% of all encounters, reports, and such are either mistaken identity, the effects of drugs/alcohol, or outright hoaxes.

If it were neither of these, and just some animal--we'd have captured the daggoned thing by now

Have just come back to BFF after a longish spell away from the board, and encountered this thread for the first time. I've "speed-read" the entire thread -- feel to a considerable extent, in tune with AaronD's views as quoted. The sheer volume of encounter reports persuades me that (1) above, seems more likely than (2); and I consider that the comment "If it were neither of these, and just some animal -- we'd have captured it by now", is right on the money.

I'm inclined to take AaronD's (1) maybe further; and to accept as possible, the paranormal / supernatural, being in play in this matter -- being so, in one or more of to-me-admissible ways: have no explicit theories, as to which. Am aware that by confessing to this, I am likely putting my neck on the block;  although this "take" is -- technically -- tolerated on BFF, it tends to arouse extreme hostility on the part of many here: both "flesh-and-blood believers", and those who are sceptical from a scientific point of view.

Thady, thanks for your kind words. If you feel your views might be in violation of our rules, you could purchase a premium membership. Several similar topics have been started in the Tar Pit, that may interest you.