Dude, What?

A 14' tall 1000 + pound Biped is not hiding in our woods.

I put together a little scale drawing of what a 14' tall Bigfoot would look like, with both a School Bus, and a 6' tall Johnny Depp for reference.

These creatures would be found and killed if they existed at that size.

v6a7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks like the bigfoot could hide in the school bus.  Know how many unoccupied vehicle shells of that size there are scattered about our woods?

Bingo.

But seriously, folks.  Gonna be hard to shoot something when the reaction of the guy who would be holding the gun is, oh, you didn't see that.

Not vouching for 14' tall sasquatch.  Just making a point about what denial can do to scientific effort.

Guest Urkelbot

Its also interesting how people are two startled to take a picture or shoot one but still capable of getting an accurate height estimate.

Its also interesting how people are two startled to take a picture or shoot one but still capable of getting an accurate height estimate.

Ever do either of the former?  The latter is far easier. 

I got mine because it was right beside by truck and I knew how high that was. I'm not on board with the 14' thing though. I'm with Drew on that one.

Hello Jerrymanderer,

Yep, I'll vouch for that. Shoulda seen the hare that came into my campsite last September at around 10pm. The thing was enormous ;)

Edited by hiflier

Once people start throwing numbers around in excess of maybe... nine feet? I kinda stop listening.

Anything larger than that would have quite a difficult time finding enough food and remaining undetected... in North America, anyway.

Gigantopithecus blacki was the largest primate, ever. Not all body functions and lifestyles of animals scale up, it seems impossible for a primate to even reach ten feet or larger. What purpose would one of them even have to get that large, other than perhaps to compete with Grizzlies... seems more of an inconvenience than anything.

And, to the best of what we know thus far about the ecology of North America, there arent really any (obvious) factors that would lead to Bigfoot as a species reaching that size. 

A 14' tall 1000 + pound Biped is not hiding in our woods.

I put together a little scale drawing of what a 14' tall Bigfoot would look like, with both a School Bus, and a 6' tall Johnny Depp for reference.

These creatures would be found and killed if they existed at that size.

v6a7.jpg

This is a good post. Being that large would be good for pretty much absolutely nothing... other than maybe smacking Bears around... :P

Edited by ForestTone

Are you guys still arguing the 14-foot thing?

No point.  None of us was there; one report.

Shoot.  Can we rerun that study without the 14-footer?  Not that it would matter any.

That said:  I am cautious about ANY "no way" assumptions tossed around in the absence of evidence.  Until the species is confirmed, size ranges will remain a mystery, because every one is an estimate.  That said:  it should pique anyone's interest how consistent they are, and how much of the evidence shows the variation one would expect for a species.